Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Hate

Comments

• txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    ug dan:
    Root canals at 6:00 am. And Jayhawk I feel your pain, Orioles fan here.
    Ooo...thats rough too! I have a buddy that I played HS ball with...I think he is in the bull pen still...Fat Al (Matt Albers). Sick fast ball, even nastier slider.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Got damn it!!!! How the feck are you going to notify me on thursday that I now have to work saturday?
    So much for the gig I have scheduled.

• ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    kuzi16:
    txjayhawk:
    Idiot kids that keep getting into trouble which results in more work for me.
    i have an action plan for this.
    when someone else is late, i pick up the slack.
    when someone fucks up, i fix it.
    when someone quits unexpectedly, i take the shift
    when a difficult job needs to be done i volunteer.
    when someone else is struggling to learn, i teach them
    when all hell breaks loose, i am the calming agent.

when reviews time comes around, i have documented all of these actions.
    when its time for a promotion, i get it.

...so far its worked out well.

Great attitude Kuzi, I think we all wish we worked with you. Documentation is the key to all this, it's the part I need to get better at.
    Working 6 days a week 2 weeks in a row... This is starting to get to me....
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Im with ya there Steve...and also am on call this weekend---which should mean about 5 more new cases for me to deal with-------------------While I do hate that, I think even moreso today I hate power hungry female bosses.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    stephen_hannibal:
    i feel your pain man. I have worked seven days of week for the past five weeks..
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    i feel your pain man. I have worked seven days of week for the past five weeks..

Alex last time I did something like that... I walked out on a client (I think it was Verizon) And came back to work when I was good and ready.... Man now that I think about it I've sacrificed things I said I never would for this job.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I've been known to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day for up to a month. Price of being self-employed.

I hate peripheral neuropathy. My feet hurt so bad I cannot sleep, wear shoes, or walk without extreme pain...
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    cabinetmaker:
    I've been known to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day for up to a month. Price of being self-employed.

I hate peripheral neuropathy. My feet hurt so bad I cannot sleep, wear shoes, or walk without extreme pain...
    Longest steak I ever worked was 10-15 hours days for 42 straight days when I was working for Nissan in Canton, MS. We handled their offsite inventory, and when we took over their second offsite warehouse, I worked solid for 6 weeks, up to 15 hours a day. It was brutal, especially since I was salaried and not making a dime of overtime. THAT i hate.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Pollen. I hate Pollen. Our pollen counts have been 5,000+ down here in GA (120 is considered extremely high). I have a huge sinus infection so I can't enjoy any cigars atm. And to top it off, it hasn't rained in almost 2 weeks.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    stephen_hannibal:
    Got damn it!!!! How the feck are you going to notify me on thursday that I now have to work saturday?
    So much for the gig I have scheduled.

"Ummmm....yeahhhhh....I'm going to need you to go ahead and come in on Satuuurday. Oh, and if you could come in on Sunday too....that would be greeaaaatt. Mmmmmmm k?"
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    cabinetmaker:
    I seriously wonder if I have this? End of last year my feet started killing me. When I initially get up it hurts to walk. The more walking I do during the day the worse it is at night when I sit down to relax. Sometimes sitting there my feet just throb with pain. I need to go ask the doctor.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    txjayhawk:
    today.
    +1... the contract holders for my company are such childish punks.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Longest stretch i did was on the Stennis during the begining phase of OEF, 16 hr days, 7 days a week for 105 days straight....no ports, no days off. But it was cool because we were bombing the bejeezus out of people who deserved it.
    That I just dropped my diesel in my drink!!!

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    stephen_hannibal:

Ouch
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:

Ouch

Hate that! The last time I smoked a cigar, I ashed right into my drink! I was kinda grossed out by it. I smoked for a few more minutes. I wasnt loving the cigar so I chucked it!

That my next order will be my last.... *sigh*

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    ...yeah right!!!!

back on topic... I hate frick'n people who insist on working outside their house without a freakin shirt! I don't care if your more cut than that guy in 300, for god sakes!!! Oh and I find that most people who do this aren't in good shape anyway. Next would be fat chicks (ugly chicks and fat men) wearing clothes that reveal way TOO much. Hell wife beaters are designed for people who have less than 10% body fat and spandex is a privilege not a right!!! DAMN HOT Weather! It's why I like winter.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    phobicsquirrel:
    ...yeah right!!!!

back on topic... I hate frick'n people who insist on working outside their house without a freakin shirt! I don't care if your more cut than that guy in 300, for god sakes!!! Oh and I find that most people who do this aren't in good shape anyway. Next would be fat chicks (ugly chicks and fat men) wearing clothes that reveal way TOO much. Hell wife beaters are designed for people who have less than 10% body fat and spandex is a privilege not a right!!! DAMN HOT Weather! It's why I like winter.
    When I was in Austin I counted at least 30 women wearing spandex pants in about 15 minutes of sitting on a park bench... Thankfully most of them were fairly attractive. And let's just say that the desert isn't the only place to see some good camel toes.....
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    ejenne87:
    phobicsquirrel:
    ...yeah right!!!!

When I was in Austin I counted at least 30 women wearing spandex pants in about 15 minutes of sitting on a park bench... Thankfully most of them were fairly attractive. And let's just say that the desert isn't the only place to see some good camel toes.....
    lol.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Speaking of really fat people...

I hate really slow traffic. Several years ago, I was in a very small town, and the traffic was really slow. Unbeleivably slow. I was wondering WTF, and as people gradually passed the rolling road block I came upon an ambulance that was driving maybe 1-2 miles/hour... As I passed it, I saw what the deal was. There was a fat woman walking down the road and the ambulance was following her. I was amazed that she could even walk, she had to be an easy 5-600 pounds. Maybe more, she was huge, and had an ambulance following her...
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    stephen_hannibal:

What's up? Gonna open your own B&M? lol
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    cabinetmaker:
    Speaking of really fat people...

I hate really slow traffic. Several years ago, I was in a very small town, and the traffic was really slow. Unbeleivably slow. I was wondering WTF, and as people gradually passed the rolling road block I came upon an ambulance that was driving maybe 1-2 miles/hour... As I passed it, I saw what the deal was. There was a fat woman walking down the road and the ambulance was following her. I was amazed that she could even walk, she had to be an easy 5-600 pounds. Maybe more, she was huge, and had an ambulance following her...

Sure it was an ambulance and not her personal taco truck :)
    Dark Roast:
    stephen_hannibal:

What's up? Gonna open your own B&M? lol
    Naw, nothing bad (though opening a b&m would be awesome) just putting all my income towards paying my car off. If I do it by the end of summer I'll be 3 years early.

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Getting a freaking speeding ticket while the guy in the lane next to me was passing me, and I was just keeping up with everyone else on the road! I was so pi$$ed...
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    Being responsible for 20 immature, irresponsible and ambtionless teenagers and twenty-somethings at work.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    mustluvcigars:
    Being responsible for 20 immature, irresponsible and ambtionless teenagers and twenty-somethings at work.

LOL Must be a School teacher! Or work at Walmart! LOL
    My wife is Vice Principal of a Huge High school 2500 Students. I hear this all the time! LOL