Home Cigar 101

Wedding Sticks

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
Hey fellas - I am looking for some sticks to have at my wedding. I figure I'll get a couple boxes (40-50 in all). One for me (premiums) and the folks who are more inclined and one for the folks who are having one because they are there. I'm still pretty new to cigars. Been smoking for about a year but only 4-6 per month. My personal favorites are the Padilla Miami, Padilla Habano, Olivia O, Gran Habano Corojo #5 and the Rocky Patel Decade. I'm not exactly sure what I want to spend, but I think the Padilla's are over budget. I was also thinking that I don't really need a box of the premiums, maybe just 10 sticks or so. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Check out the El Monstro Sampler. 50 sticks for $200.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130

For premiums, you can't go wrong with the perennial favorites (Opus X, Padron Anni, etc). For the others, you may want to consider 5 Vegas or Ccom house blends. They are good cigars at a very good price.

There was a thread about this not too long ago and someone suggested that seconds are a good idea for the guests that are not regular smokers. In addition, the seconds come unbanded so you can order some custom bands to put on them.

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    wow... i just checked it out and it seems like a great deal... I've never had any of those cigars though... i like the sampler idea though... gives something for everyone... the wedding is in September so I have some time... I am seasoning a new humi so I have a place to let them rest for a few months
    sightunseen:

For premiums, you can't go wrong with the perennial favorites (Opus X, Padron Anni, etc). For the others, you may want to consider 5 Vegas or Ccom house blends. They are good cigars at a very good price.

There was a thread about this not too long ago and someone suggested that seconds are a good idea for the guests that are not regular smokers. In addition, the seconds come unbanded so you can order some custom bands to put on them.

Thanks for the reply... I was thinking about seconds and I'm glad you mentioned it. I never thought of the custom bands, that's a great idea...
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    5 Vegas Gold would be a good choice I think for a wedding. 60 bucks gets you a box and they are mild enough for non smokers to enjoy.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    get the patel decade segundos and put your own bands on them with the wedding logo or something like that.
    Cigar bands
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    FYI, I had a nice high roller cigar, a don carlos 30th and to be honest just was too much for the day. I couldn't really enjoy it and I was very distracted. So don't go all high end on your big day, maybe on the HM or something...
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    The Rocky Patel ITC 10th anniversary are great for the money and they taste fantastic to boot and they wont break the bank
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    For most people who don't smoke regularly, you don't want to get them sick by getting them something too strong, lol. And, most of them are going to smoke it for a few minutes and put it out anyway. Ungratefull bastards!

So, the 5 Vegas Gold is in my humble opinion the perfect wedding cigar. Tastes great, boxes are cheap (40-60 a box!) and they are light enough that people won't be overpowered by them.

As someone else already pointed out, you may not want to smoke at all on your wedding day/night. Frankly, you probably won't have time, and you certainly won't be able to enjoy it. I'd wait till the honeymoon and enjoy one when you can relax. :) Congrats and good luck.
    thanks for all the feedback fellas! The wife seems to like the idea of a sampler and I agree. I like the idea of the guests being able to choose. Plus, I get all the leftovers! So I'll look for something with a decent range...
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I would think guys would put more thought into their Divorce sticks!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    If you decide to change your mind on the sampler (which is a perfectly good idea, but keep in mind that many people may have no idea what they're looking at in a sampler, and might grab something far too strong), I believe Tat has said it best here:
    TatuajeVI:
    The 5 Vegas Gold is in my humble opinion the perfect wedding cigar. Tastes great, boxes are cheap (40-60 a box!) and they are light enough that people won't be overpowered by them.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Lasabar:
    The pessimist would buy a stick to age once they get married and smoke it when he gets divorced.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    sightunseen:
    Lasabar:
    The pessimist would buy a stick to age once they get married and smoke it when he gets divorced.
    That's not a big deal, I believe that even 5 Vegas ages their smokes for 6 months before shipping.... so I would have to smoke it Two months prior to the Divorce for "Time Served"
    BA-DUM-CHIH