Home Non Cigar Related

How do you feel....

2»

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Hawk55:
    I agree, the government is not the problem...just think how much more of a problem there would be if there was no governmnet help or intervention. But the problem(s) have allowed there to be any number of excuses for trying to get them solved. Identify a problem and get enough of a following and you can move in any number of directions...the right or wrong direction depending on who you ask what is right...or wrong.
    I agree, you can't fix a problem unless you figure out what the problem is.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    phobicsquirrel:
    See you have something to say about everything!
    i sure do!
    phobicsquirrel:
    Private programs don't work either kuzi, nothing will be perfect.
    this actually got covered in the post directly after you made this statement. so i wont cover it here again. (last post on previous page)
    phobicsquirrel:
    Medicare is going broke only because of misuse of the program and the huge amount of gouging being done via private companies.
    and i agree that those companies shouldnt be doing that. but it does point out that the government run program can easily be taken advantage of and is inefficient.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I believe I posted an article about a woman and a wheelchair.
    uhhh... im not sure what this was a response to...
    phobicsquirrel:
    I never once said the govt should replace the private sector, the govt can't make things, they can't really hire people but the large corporations that basically run this country, AIG, Citibank, Sachs, big oil, and others have so much money and so much lobbying pwr that they control a lot of govt.
    this is again a failure of the government. the governments job is to protect the rights of the individual. not to get in bed with big companies. the government has failed here.
    phobicsquirrel:
    And I never said I was against private anything, only the amount of power and control that many of the large, very large companies.
    you said in a sarcastic quip on the previous page of this thread:
    phobicsquirrel:
    "privatizing" has worked out so well.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Show me as many fantastic "private" programs that would be better than what the govt offers?
    UPS, FedEx, Private schools, Virgin's space program, etc...
    phobicsquirrel:
    I can look at how you "think" about a single payer health system to see who you are.
    you clearly have no idea who i am.
    phobicsquirrel:
    You sit here and say govt has no business in health care, yet you've never served in the military and I love the VA,
    the VA has its problems as well. and just because YOU love the VA doenst mean that everyone does.
    phobicsquirrel:
    you have never been to a free 2 day clinic where thousands of people swarm too just to get basic treatment
    i havent? wow.... thats news to me.

phobicsquirrel:
    and you obviously have never had any issues with your insurance company.
    this one is true. but its true because i took the time to understand my policy and the risks involved. its true because i have personal responsibility.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Another words, your Sh*t doesn't stink, and as long as your okay nothings wrong.
    no. you consistently show a fundamental misunderstanding of my position of this issue, and then try to paint me a a terrible person who wants all the poor to get sick and die.
    phobicsquirrel:
    The private health insurance has been around for decades and it's not getting better
    youre right. its getting more expensive because the government mandates that things get covered. this raises cost. this higher cost means that more people cant afford it.
    phobicsquirrel:
    so why shouldn't the govt step in.
    i just told you.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I do say look around, but I'm sure you don't deal with people everyday who tell you their stories and how they are affected, nor dig into issues.
    i have told you before that i work with 75 people that make less than $25k a year. i hear their problems every day. i talk to them about stuff like this all the time.
    phobicsquirrel:
    You've said it yourself, if a company can't pay someone's wage then they should shed the worker. Though is that before or after executive pay is increased and huge bonus's are sent out?
    if by shedding those jobs a huge profit was made that saved the company from going belly up and cutting EVERY job then maybe they should get a bonus. they made a hard decision that saved the jobs of most of their work force and secured it for another year.
    phobicsquirrel:
    The basic business ethic that I see everyday with small business's is, how can I keep them?, vs the corporate motto, who can we fire! There is a disconnect, a huge one.
    i assure you a corporation would rather keep workers that are doing their jobs. if they dont have to lay anyone off that usually means the company is doing well. thats a good thing that everyone in the company wants. if they have to cut jobs, that usually means they have big problems. most companies usually try things like sales on their products, cheaper products, and other cost cutting devices before laying people off. if that doesnt work and they are still losing billions, what else are they supposed to do?

even if the CEOs went down to $1/year with no bonus, you cant save those thousands of jobs. maybe a few. but statistically, its a tiny drop in the bucket.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Did you get beaten up a lot as a kid?
    Vulchor:
    how is this anything but a personal attack?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Vulchor:
    Did you?
    Me? Once I did...sneak attack by a couple of Puerto Ricans behind this pizza joint/liquor store down the road from me. I was about 11, broke my glasses. Got them back at a later date however, and later moved before they could retaliate. Anyway, wasnt personal...just trying to paint a picture in my head and making a character for a little book Im writing, Kuzi is helping to be the inspiration.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Vulchor:
    This is an absolutely pointless statement that does not enrich the discussion and is simply mud-slinging. I wish, that as adults, we would conduct ourselves in a more mature manner. This is an unwarranted attack and is entirely disrespectful.
    I'll drink to that Yoda!!!
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Vulchor:
    I'll drink to that Yoda!!!
    Well, what do ya drink? I'm buying!
    Had 7 Yuenglings and 9 bourbon and cokes on Friday----so I think I need to stay away from those for awhile.....Lets do Michelob Light.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Vulchor:
    Had 7 Yuenglings and 9 bourbon and cokes on Friday----so I think I need to stay away from those for awhile.....Lets do Michelob Light.

Ummm...yeah ...barkeep... I'll have a Makers Mark and SierraMist ...charge it to the guy under a cloud of smoke at the end of the bar !!!
    Vulchor:
    ...just trying to paint a picture in my head and making a character for a little book Im writing, Kuzi is helping to be the inspiration.
    i dont see this ending well.

or as anything less than disrespectful to me.

BStayer:
    This is an absolutely pointless statement that does not enrich the discussion and is simply mud-slinging. I wish, that as adults, we would conduct ourselves in a more mature manner. This is an unwarranted attack and is entirely disrespectful.
    ill go with that.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    ...just trying to paint a picture in my head and making a character for a little book Im writing, Kuzi is helping to be the inspiration.
    i dont see this ending well.

or as anything less than disrespectful to me.

BStayer:
    ill go with that.
    All of that and reckless and wiilfull. This is not the first time this post has come up, and Kuzi addressed then too, but yet it continues, This irks me as well, Kuzi is not the only one offended here. my .02
    My stomach and head are often offended by many posts, if this helps anyone feel better. Again, just a friendly question.
    Vulchor:
    My stomach and head are often offended by many posts, if this helps anyone feel better. Again, just a friendly question.
    the difference here seems to be that you are offended by the opinion that i carry about a topic that is not you personally.
    you dont like my politics. thats fine. Phobic doesnt like my politics either. I dont like his politics. neither of us attack each other on a personal level as you have done to me.

Vulchor:
    Persecution.
    yes, thats what you do to me.
    This is a reply only because of your insistance in getting the last word. Greedy.
    ah yes, classic entrapment.
    If i dont reply, you "win" in your head because you got the last word
    ...but if i do reply you also "win" in your head because you feel that you made me look like an ass.

in that case ill leave you with the last word (mainly because im sick of your BS.) :
    Vulchor:
    This is a reply only because of your insistance in getting the last word. Greedy.
    Hows this for the last word...you pis$ me off more than anyone on this board----but my acting in this post particularly has been juvenile n and absurd to the point Im even ashamed of myself. I still chuckle at some of it, but I was being an as$ too....peace Matt.