Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

NCAA Brackets

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Goldy:
    Registered. I have got to say I am pretty pumped to win a bunch of 5 packs! Let the smack talk begin.
    Me too. For some odd reason, I think this is better than playing for money.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    sightunseen:
    Goldy:
    Registered. I have got to say I am pretty pumped to win a bunch of 5 packs! Let the smack talk begin.
    Me too. For some odd reason, I think this is better than playing for money.
    Only if you win!
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    6 people registered at this point, where is everyone else at???? This is a game that someone who knows NOTHING about college basketabll can win---just look at office pools nationwide. Get in on this people!!!!!
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I just got the sticks from bandyt09 so he is now officially on the good traders list. Best packaging I have ever seen by the way.
  • ChobaChoba Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 76
    sightunseen:
    I know this may seem a little early, but an idea occurred to me that would combine cigars and college basketball.

Instead of chipping cash into a pool, how about we chip in cigars? Participants can initially send the cigars to a single individual to hold in trust until the winner is determined. To keep track of the brackets, we can probably use yahoo sports.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Update:
    Alright, guys, I just created our Yahoo group for the bracket. I will be PM'ing participants the sign in info. You'll need to set up a Yahoo account to play, so please take a moment if you don't already have an account. When you join, the Group ID # is 4798

To be part of this games, please be on the Good Trader List. So far, here are the people that will be participating:

Sightunseen
    Lilwing88. Lilwing's father-in-law will also be creating an account and joining. He's not on the Good Trader's List but Lilwing is vouching for him.
    ejenne87
    Goldy
    Sandman1am
    kingjk729
    Vulchor
    Matt Marvel
    bandyt09

Quick Rules
    "Buy-in" of five sticks. Sticks should be handmade premiums only. I know it's tempting to throw in some Swishers or White Owls.

Winner will be determined by the scoring on Yahoo Sports.

Now the good part, what the winners will get:

There will be 1st and 2nd prizes only. Based on the current list of 9 participants, 1st place winner will have 5 5-packs sent to him and 2nd place will have 2 5-packs. Senders will be determined by the whoever is after the winner on the above list. For example, if I won (highly unlikely), then the next 5 people after me will send me their 5-packs. 2nd place winners are exempt from sending. So for example, if I was 1st place and Lilwing comes in second, then the 5 people after lilwing will be sending me 5-packs and lilwing will receive a 5-pack from Vulchor and Matt Marvel. I think I got this right. Vulchor, if I am wrong, please let us know. Note: Depending on the final number of participants, the number of 5-packs for 1st and 2nd place may change.

Selection begins on 03/14

Brackets lock on 03/18. Please finalize your brackets before 03/18.

When registering your bracket, please use your Ccom handle as your name.

I think I've covered everything. Please let me know if you have questions or other suggestions.
    Hey Tony, I know you've been asking me to join in on this, though I'm sorry to admit, I'm not much of a NCAA fan; no TV and little media influence in my life. You know how weird I am. Though I know this is your lil baby so I'm willing to help and throw in some sticks to help with participation. Feel free to market the sticks out. Best. Choba. BTW, do I send these to Goldy or just bring it on Saturday?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    That's what happens when dad "worked" for the post office for 40+ years.......... I know no other way. Hopefully you remembered that the 2 pack was for you and the 5 pack was for the game. LOL
    bandyt09:
    That's what happens when dad "worked" for the post office for 40+ years.......... I know no other way. Hopefully you remembered that the 2 pack was for you and the 5 pack was for the game. LOL

Oh, I remembered alright and am really excited to try that tempus. I put your name in on the good traders list too and I hope you find some games to play around here. I was really blown away by that packaging, truly awesome.
    Choba:
    Hey Tony, I know you've been asking me to join in on this, though I'm sorry to admit, I'm not much of a NCAA fan; no TV and little media influence in my life. You know how weird I am. Though I know this is your lil baby so I'm willing to help and throw in some sticks to help with participation. Feel free to market the sticks out. Best. Choba. BTW, do I send these to Goldy or just bring it on Saturday?

I dont have TV or internet at home also so mine is really a crap shoot but its fun none the less.

I'm not sure how I became the cigar bank but I like it!
    Choba:
    sightunseen:
    I know this may seem a little early, but an idea occurred to me that would combine cigars and college basketball.

Instead of chipping cash into a pool, how about we chip in cigars? Participants can initially send the cigars to a single individual to hold in trust until the winner is determined. To keep track of the brackets, we can probably use yahoo sports.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Update:
    Alright, guys, I just created our Yahoo group for the bracket. I will be PM'ing participants the sign in info. You'll need to set up a Yahoo account to play, so please take a moment if you don't already have an account. When you join, the Group ID # is 4798

To be part of this games, please be on the Good Trader List. So far, here are the people that will be participating:

Sightunseen
    Lilwing88. Lilwing's father-in-law will also be creating an account and joining. He's not on the Good Trader's List but Lilwing is vouching for him.
    ejenne87
    Goldy
    Sandman1am
    kingjk729
    Vulchor
    Matt Marvel
    bandyt09

Quick Rules
    "Buy-in" of five sticks. Sticks should be handmade premiums only. I know it's tempting to throw in some Swishers or White Owls.

Winner will be determined by the scoring on Yahoo Sports.

Now the good part, what the winners will get:

There will be 1st and 2nd prizes only. Based on the current list of 9 participants, 1st place winner will have 5 5-packs sent to him and 2nd place will have 2 5-packs. Senders will be determined by the whoever is after the winner on the above list. For example, if I won (highly unlikely), then the next 5 people after me will send me their 5-packs. 2nd place winners are exempt from sending. So for example, if I was 1st place and Lilwing comes in second, then the 5 people after lilwing will be sending me 5-packs and lilwing will receive a 5-pack from Vulchor and Matt Marvel. I think I got this right. Vulchor, if I am wrong, please let us know. Note: Depending on the final number of participants, the number of 5-packs for 1st and 2nd place may change.

Selection begins on 03/14

Brackets lock on 03/18. Please finalize your brackets before 03/18.

When registering your bracket, please use your Ccom handle as your name.

I think I've covered everything. Please let me know if you have questions or other suggestions.
    Yo. I don't even follow college basketball, but the gamblin part of it is fun, so feel free to throw down if you want. If you want to play, just send the package to the winner after the tournament. Oh, I need to give you a call, Saturday won't be a good day for me (got a final in the afternoon).
    Bump.

Selection Sunday is upon us, we are now able to fill out the brackets. For those that have not yet registered, please take the time to do so. As a reminder, brackets lock on 03/18.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    My bracket is done. Now it's time to sit back and win some cigars!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Made my pics. Can't wait for the Tourny to start!
    As it stands now, looks like a 4-2 split for first and second-------More players here???? Cmon guys, draw out of a hat even, only costs a PIF package and you could win a lot more.
    Today is the last day to register your brackets. Brackets will lock tomorrow on 03/18. Anyone that hasn't registered, please take the time to do so.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    The winning bracket is now complete. I just want to let you all know that my address is not the same as it has been. When I win I will get you all my new address so you can send me your smokes!
    ejenne87:
    The winning bracket is now complete. I just want to let you all know that my address is not the same as it has been. When I win I will get you all my new address so you can send me your smokes!
    "Your overconfidence is your weakness."
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    I always do sooo terribly at these things. And college basketball is kinda my thing... I think it's beacuse I make my picks based too much on emotion. I just like to talk a little trash is all really. I am fairly confident that I will end up near last place. I picked Syracuse to win it all and they lost their best inside guy when they played last week Georgetown, and I picked Duke to lose early. I think I am in for a rough bracket this year.
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    I always do sooo terribly at these things. And college basketball is kinda my thing... I think it's beacuse I make my picks based too much on emotion. I just like to talk a little trash is all really. I am fairly confident that I will end up near last place. I picked Syracuse to win it all and they lost their best inside guy when they played last week Georgetown, and I picked Duke to lose early. I think I am in for a rough bracket this year.
    Haha, hey, I didn't mean to be serious. I was throwing out some Star Wars nerdiness (line was from Return of the Jedi). To be honest, I probably know the least about college basketball out of all the participants, so I wouldn't be too sure about your near last place prediction.
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    Haha, hey, I didn't mean to be serious. I was throwing out some Star Wars nerdiness (line was from Return of the Jedi). To be honest, I probably know the least about college basketball out of all the participants, so I wouldn't be too sure about your near last place prediction.
    I am kind of a Star Wars hater, so I did not understand where the quote came from, but I did understand that you were not stating that yourself. No hard feelings at all.

It looks like we might have a battle brewing for last place before this thing even gets started! Good luck to everyone involved... You're going to need it!
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    I am kind of a Star Wars hater, so I did not understand where the quote came from, but I did understand that you were not stating that yourself. No hard feelings at all.

It looks like we might have a battle brewing for last place before this thing even gets started! Good luck to everyone involved... You're going to need it!
    I smell a side bet for last place?
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:

I'm down. If either of us gets last, we get cigars from the "non-last-placer". If neither of us get's last place we can send a few randoms to eachother..?
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    ejenne87:

I'm down. If either of us gets last, we get cigars from the "non-last-placer". If neither of us get's last place we can send a few randoms to eachother..?
    Yea, I'm down. Cigars should really be the world's currency.
    sightunseen:
    Cigars should really be the world's currency.
    When the Zombies attack they will be...
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry...false alarm.
    Vulchor:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry...false alarm.
    You should stock up on cigars, you'll never know when they're going to appear.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    Cigars should really be the world's currency.
    When the Zombies attack they will be...
    Zombies don't eat brains, they eat cigars. It's true.
    Alright, guys, brackets locked today. Based on what I see, we have a total of 8 participants. For prize distribution, which is better, 5-1 split (5 people send to 1st place, 1 person send to 2nd place) or 2nd place doesn't have to send or receive anything and 1st place gets 6 5-packs?
    PAIN! 0-1 so far. That Notre Dame game really fcked me over. So as of right now, ejenne and lilwing are tied for 1st.
    What do you think about 4-2 for the prizes? I personally like to spread out winnings.
    That works too. Let's see what the others say.