Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

NCAA Brackets

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    First of all, Tony, sorry about my father-in-law. I tried my best to get him to sign up in time........

As far as the payout, since we only have 8, how 'bout winner take all???
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    to bad my wife didnt get in this...... at her school they have a bracket thingy... she knows college sports somewhat.... believe it or no she picked every freaking winner yesterday Upsets and all! Thats just Nuts! Go Bobcats ! Old OU guy here! I would just FreakingLove and OU vs Ohio State Game ... being an old Ohio Boy living right between the two colleges and having alumni in it... Thats Heaven!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    lilwing88:
    First of all, Tony, sorry about my father-in-law. I tried my best to get him to sign up in time........

No worries about your father-in-law, more sticks for us, haha.

Gold has suggested a 4-2 split, so it looks like we need to figure something out. I am ok with either, but since this is your guys' game, let's see what the others think.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    lilwing88:

I honestly dont have room to win that much.
    Goldy:
    lilwing88:

I honestly dont have room to win that much.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!! Who says you're gonna win????? Is this thing fixed?!?!?!?

In fact, I don't have the room for a 5-pack right now. But, I just thought that in the interest of keeping it simple, an 8-person pool should be winner-take-all.

Plus, given all the upsets in the first round so far, my chances of coming in 1st or 2nd are slim-to-none.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I'm 20 for 24 so far, not too bad, but I already lost an Elite 8 team (Georgetown). Hopefully 'Nova doesn't dissapoint, they were aweful close yesterday...
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    My vote is to keep the split-----not winner take all.
    Holy crap I can't believe I'm in second place right now.
    Well, I'm in dead last. Oh well, Final Four still intact. Go Buckeyes!!!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I'm really hoping something drastic happens and saves my bracket. I did absolutely no research and I made my picks in about two minutes as soon it opened. I never looked back. Now I'm regretting that.
    It seems I spoke a bit too soon. I jumped up into third place, even with Kansas losing. Let's hope Lady Luck doesn't stab me in the back.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Hey guys I told everyone that I would be part of the pool. With having to go out to Cali for the funeral I forgot that I was part of this and I didn't register. I would be willing to send out my sticks to the winner. I just need an address for the winner. Sorry for forgetting to make my picks.
    Sandman1am:
    Hey guys I told everyone that I would be part of the pool. With having to go out to Cali for the funeral I forgot that I was part of this and I didn't register. I would be willing to send out my sticks to the winner. I just need an address for the winner. Sorry for forgetting to make my picks.
    I am in the lead right now, and I believe you still have my address, correct? So go ahead and send them my way, if I don't end up winning I will take care of them for you ;)
    Haha, man, two of my final four is out. Sitting pretty in last place.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Don't get too comfortable there, a couple of good quality LOSES and I am right there....... LOL
    Am I the only one who hasn't had my Final Four shot to hell? I've only lost one team so far. All in all I'm liking my chances. *knock on wood*
    If I am not mistaken, this thing is all but over. The only way to change the top two is if Duke wins the Championship (Fook Duke!). If the Dukies win it all, sightunseen will win, and Vulchor will take second place. If Duke does not win, the top two stand as is. Am I seeing this right? And what did we decide on for the prizes?
    I think you are somewhat correct-----and I will still not gloat (as I havent to this point), even though I knew I was the man to beat :) LOL..............If Duke wins this game, but loses the championship---I would win, & EJ and Wing will be tied for 2nd. I dont know what happens in that instance, but Wing did have the 1 team picked further into the Tourney than EJ...I dont want to screw EJ out of anything----but that is usually used as the tie breaker.

If Duke wins it all, looks like Sight and Me. If Duke loses their next game, looks like Me and EJ. The prizes never changed to my knowledge, its a 4-2 split when this started and now as well Im pretty sure.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I thought we decided the Evan was send the winner 25 sticks and the first loser 10 sticks .... that was what was agreed upon correct guys??
    ejenne87:
    If I am not mistaken, this thing is all but over. The only way to change the top two is if Duke wins the Championship (Fook Duke!). If the Dukies win it all, sightunseen will win, and Vulchor will take second place. If Duke does not win, the top two stand as is. Am I seeing this right? And what did we decide on for the prizes?
    On an unrelated topic, I went to church yesterday for the first time in years.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Looking at the brackets today it seems all but official that I SCREWED sightunseen and ejenne87 out of their last place side bet. Why don't you guys PM me your address and I will make it right. In fact, just maybe, it looks like one of you can double dip by winning first or second place and STILL collect on your last place side bet. Seriously, PM me your address so at least I can feel better about myself for SUCKING so badly.
    bandyt09:
    Looking at the brackets today it seems all but official that I SCREWED sightunseen and ejenne87 out of their last place side bet. Why don't you guys PM me your address and I will make it right. In fact, just maybe, it looks like one of you can double dip by winning first or second place and STILL collect on your last place side bet. Seriously, PM me your address so at least I can feel better about myself for SUCKING so badly.
    Haha, no worries, man. I sent you a PM.
    Sight, youre looking rather good right now IMO. I am rooting for Butler as the Cinderella (though sticks would be nice too) but I do think you will win this and I will settle for 2nd.....which is a hel! of a lot better than I did for the college football game I guess.
    Vulchor:
    Sight, youre looking rather good right now IMO. I am rooting for Butler as the Cinderella (though sticks would be nice too) but I do think you will win this and I will settle for 2nd.....which is a hel! of a lot better than I did for the college football game I guess.
    Crossing my fingers for this...
    So the Commish might walk away with the win???? I smell trickery!!!! LOL!

Good luck tonight, Commish. Hope Duke comes away with the win for ya!
    lilwing88:
    So the Commish might walk away with the win???? I smell trickery!!!! LOL!

Good luck tonight, Commish. Hope Duke comes away with the win for ya!
    Haha, you know, I managed to hack into Yahoo Sports and made a few minor revisions...

Seriously, I went into this without even thinking that I had a chance of winning.
    Well I bid Duke the worst on your behalf sir.....and the Lilwing for associating with you.........LOL
    Vulchor:
    Well I bid Duke the worst on your behalf sir.....and the Lilwing for associating with you.........LOL
    Thank you, sir. Haha, there's actually another contest after the tournament called The Bigger Dance. Think March Madness, but instead of basketball, it's chicks. If anyone is interested, I can set something up. Maybe recoup some of your losses.
    Congrats to the winner, and I am proud to take 2nd. What a crazy tourney, who wouldve thought with no final four teams you could finish in the top 2 or 3????Crazy!!!!!!!! Who sends to who now commish. 4 to you and 2 to me, but who to who, so we all agree?
    Vulchor:
    Congrats to the winner, and I am proud to take 2nd. What a crazy tourney, who wouldve thought with no final four teams you could finish in the top 2 or 3????Crazy!!!!!!!! Who sends to who now commish. 4 to you and 2 to me, but who to who, so we all agree?
    Thanks to all that participated in this game. Like what Vulchor said, it was definitely a rollercoaster.

Now for the good part. The prizes will be a 4-2 split. Based on the list of participants on the first page of this thread, here is how it will be distributed:

Lilwing, ejenne, Goldy, and kingjk will send their 5-packs to me. Matt Marvel and bandyt will send their 5-packs to Vulchor.

Again, thanks to all the players for participating.