Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just got done with a Gurkha Fuerte churchill. I was pretty dissapointed with this cigar. It didn't deliver at all in the flavor deparment, very uneventful and almost bland. And I was expecing it to be at least as strong as the Regent, but it was nowhere near that powerful. It actually reminded me alot of the CAO VR, which I didn't really care for either. On top of all that, it burned uneven and required a corrective light about halfway through and then got hot with almost two inches left. Definately won't be buying any more of these, I had such high hopes for it too.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    over half way in to my Oliva V Maduro right now, if it gets any tastier Ill have to eat the rest
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Had a la aurora barrel aged. Lots of sweet oak flavor, a bit of consistent spice and a nice light corojo flavor as well. Pretty good smoke. Go fo this one if you want an abundance of natural sweetness.
    Sounds like I would really dig those. I will have to pick up a 5-er next time I place an order, or see if the local B&M back home has any.
    Just got done with a Rocky Patel Vinage 1999 connecticut. Awesome smoke, excellent flavor for such a mild stick. Definately my favorite mild bodied smoke now.
  • cheymancheyman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Just finished a Gurkha Fuerte...man it was delicious with a chocolate finish. It has such a great pre-light smell to it.
    Maybe I had a bad one, I swear the one I smoked today was damn near flavorless.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311

Had a Fuente Sungrown tonight while taking the dogs on their nightly walk.

just finished A Fuente anejo--kid that talked me into buying said it was OPus X with a different wrapper, is this true?
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947

mustluvcigars:
    just finished A Fuente anejo--kid that talked me into buying said it was OPus X with a different wrapper, is this true?

from what i've read its supposed to be a combination of the hemingway, opus x and don carlos tobacco with a 5 year old conny maduro wrapper aged in a cognac barrel - have you smoked it yet and what did you think?  the #77 "shark" is probably my favorite cigar right now

gmill880:

mustluvcigars:

from what i've read its supposed to be a combination of the hemingway, opus x and don carlos tobacco with a 5 year old conny maduro wrapper aged in a cognac barrel - have you smoked it yet and what did you think?  the #77 "shark" is probably my favorite cigar right now

Kuzi or someone may be able to confirm if this is indeed the combo of fillers

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    gmill880:
    gmill880:

mustluvcigars:

I don't think anyone really knows except for the Fuentes. The filler recipe is a well kept secret.
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    gmill880:

mustluvcigars:

I don't think anyone really knows except for the Fuentes. The filler recipe is a well kept secret.

Which, correct me if I'm wrong Joe, but I thing the Opus, Hemingway and Don Carlos are all secret blends, like you said , only the Fuentes know for sure.

gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    gmill880:

mustluvcigars:

Which, correct me if I'm wrong Joe, but I thing the Opus, Hemingway and Don Carlos are all secret blends, like you said , only the Fuentes know for sure.

No correction, as far as I know you are right.
    gmill880:

mustluvcigars:

it was good. great burn, still too new to desribe it.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    alienmisprint:
    I've smoked a couple of the Fuertes, alien, and found them quite tasty. It might be worth your while to try another one, sometime.
    urbino:
    alienmisprint:
    I've smoked a couple of the Fuertes, alien, and found them quite tasty. It might be worth your while to try another one, sometime.
    I have one sitting at my house waiting on me now. I smoked a Churchill yesterday, maybe that had something to do with it being so bland? The one I have at home is a torpedo, maybe it will be better. I will give it another shot though.

On another note, I just finished a Legends Orange Label (Rocky Patel). This was my first Corojo wrapper, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The flavor was excellent, medium bodied, very smooth. All in all, it was a great morning smoke. I did have to give it two corrective lights, but other than that no complains. This was my fourth Rocky Patel blend in two days, and out of the four, I have really liked 3 of them. I see a trend starting.....
    The ones I've smoked were churchills.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    camacho diploma.

this is the first diploma i have had of the new blend.
    I like the old blend better. its still good but not as good as the old.
    Oliva V Special V, very good, Torpedo was better IMO
  • Scott1966Scott1966 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 40
    Had a Famous Nic Maduro Torpedo yesterday - good cigar for a bundle!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Scott1966:
    Had a Famous Nic Maduro Torpedo yesterday - good cigar for a bundle!
    Scott... Ya gotta say hello first. Welcome to the group Scott. If you like to try house brands Buy some Cigar.Com house brands, they are are great value, and better than many name brand sticks I have smoked.
  • ShawnJShawnJ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    Had a CAO MX2 tonight. Medium/full. Good flavor. This was the second one of these I've smoked.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    Had a 5 Vegas A tonight, it was okay not really great or anything.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ShawnJ:
    Had a CAO MX2 tonight. Medium/full. Good flavor. This was the second one of these I've smoked.
    i need to get a few more of these.... they never seem to cross my mind when im shoppin for em though.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Had a frustrating day at work, 12 hours, no breaks, got home exhausted. Wasn't even going to light up but then decided on a La Aurora 1495. What great therapy. A perfect smoke.
    I had one of my beloved Perdomo ESV '91 seconds tonight. As much as I tout these as being issue free, this one introduced a bit of a sluggish burn, not sluggish the whole way round mind you, but at random parts mainly after an ash dropping. The awesome taste is worth a couple corrections though, especially since these are the first corrections needed in all the ones I've burned through. Still a very nice smoke at a very, very nice price.
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    I had my first Padilla Miami tonight. It started off reminding me of the Habano - pretty spicey, but it abruptly changed to a nutty, woody, leather flavor. I was really liking this cigar about 1/2 the way in, and then it became a little too cigar lite, but it finished up nice. Need to try this again.
    Well, I was just about to go out and have a Padilla 1968 torpedo, but it's hailing, now. Maybe I'll pass.