Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    For Gawds sake Peebs what are you doing to that other squirrel in your avatar?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Today was a La Aroma de Cuba robusto in the afternoon, I really like this cigar, and this one in particular gave me a much better draw than the previous ones I've smoked, this one offered the perfect amount of resistance. One minor burn issue was had towards the end, but aside from that it was a slow smoking beauty. A bit later was a CAO Brazilia churchill, I don't know, CAO cigars are just not for me, I've tried and tried again, but I just never really like the flavor profile...wonder if I will still like the CX2, or if that too will be a thing of the past.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    j0z3r:
    Today was a La Aroma de Cuba robusto in the afternoon, I really like this cigar, and this one in particular gave me a much better draw than the previous ones I've smoked, this one offered the perfect amount of resistance. One minor burn issue was had towards the end, but aside from that it was a slow smoking beauty. A bit later was a CAO Brazilia churchill, I don't know, CAO cigars are just not for me, I've tried and tried again, but I just never really like the flavor profile...wonder if I will still like the CX2, or if that too will be a thing of the past.
    Heh, I almost pulled a La Aroma de Cuba robusto out of my humi before changing my mind at the last minute and grabbing a nub habano 464. Ok, not great by any stretch. I like the connie much better.
    I've settle on the Nub Conn. as my favorite of the three...I was terribly unimpressed the last time I had a Cam., which is odd because I thought I really liked the first one. And the last time I had the Habano, I don't know, it just really didn't do anything for me. I guess I'm just not a Nub guy...I like my cigars the way I like my women, long and full figured.
    I always thought it was weird you lick the cap so much!
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Nothing for me tonight. Too busy and, besides, it's raining so hard I might drown.

Last night, with all the recommendations of the Don Carlos elsethread, I had one my damn self. Terrific, as always. Then I started a Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon, but had to stub it out only a quarter of the way in; thing was unsmokably, irreparably plugged. That's my second one of those, and my second bad experience.
    Don Carlos .....uummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .....this has to be one of my all time favs, 'Bino what size did you have ? I need to pick me up a few more although I'm not sure where I will put them ...
    Da Bino ...hows the super humi doin' ?
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    gmill880:
    I thought he WAS the other squirrel
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    dutyje:
    gmill880:
    lol
    phobicsquirrel:
    dutyje:
    gmill880:
    lol

HeeHee
    gmill880:
    Don Carlos .....uummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .....this has to be one of my all time favs, 'Bino what size did you have ? I need to pick me up a few more although I'm not sure where I will put them ...
    I had the #3, which is my usual. The robusto is terrific, too, but juuuuust spendy enough that I don't buy them very often.

The humi is perking along happily, thanks for asking; holding a steady 67%. I had to refill the Oasis a couple weeks ago. Should last longer this time, since it doesn't have to do the initial seasoning.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I had a Cu-Avana Intenso last night as I stocked a newly seasoned humidor. This came in the COTM earlier this month and thought I'd try it since it was on special yesterday. It was a very nice smoke. Very black peppery through out, but not as intense as I was expecting. I didn't have a short lived sweetness in the last third. A very pleasant smoke, but not something I couldn't live without. I could see how it may be someone's cup of tea though. Spot on burn and construction and not unpleasant, just not the exact flavor profile I dig.
    urbino:
    gmill880:
    I had the #3, which is my usual. The robusto is terrific, too, but juuuuust spendy enough that I don't buy them very often.

The humi is perking along happily, thanks for asking; holding a steady 67%. I had to refill the Oasis a couple weeks ago. Should last longer this time, since it doesn't have to do the initial seasoning.

Glad to here it ...
    urbino:
    gmill880:

You have the oasis and a few pounds of beads right? Glad to hear the RH is holding.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    Another disappointing Camacho today, this time an SLR Maduro. The 1962 is the only one left I have out of the sampler, so I'm crossing my fingers.
    have you had the triple maduro or the scorpio? I only ask cause those are two I really like. I have yet to have the CI white's which I do have just haven't lit up yet.
    oh and I haven't had Corojo Ltd either.
    phobicsquirrel:
    urbino:
    gmill880:

You have the oasis and a few pounds of beads right? Glad to hear the RH is holding.
    The Oasis II on the bottom, and about 1.5 lbs. of beads on the top shelf.
    good to know, thanks.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Having a ccom brazilian label. My first one in a while. Man i forgot how much i really like these.
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    This evening it is an Oliveros 1927 toro. First one from a fiver I picked up many months ago. I'm impressed for such a cheap stick. Great construction and burn. Decent flavors. My only complaint is that the draw is tighter than I'd prefer, but it is still decent with lots of smoke. Overall, I'm satisfied.
    Jetmech_63:
    Having a ccom brazilian label. My first one in a while. Man i forgot how much i really like these.
    mmmmmmm, that sounds good. I'll have what he's having.
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Same here. I got a box of torpedos a few weeks ago and it's time to burn another I think! These are really some of the best inexpensive brands I've tries. I like the C.Com cojoro in the churchill size and the Blue in toro as well.
    Having a gurkha master select xo maduro.... it's a big sucker but very good so far. I haven't had the normal master select, that's coming...
    I had an Avo Domaine #30 that I received in trade from furby some months ago. It was pretty good, though it did develop a slight tar buildup near at the head ( two in one week) due to a very small cut, so I cut more and it was smooth sailing from there. Good flavor with a respectable strength. I like it.
    Glad you liked it, Joe. I've never had the tar buildup, but I'm a guillotine man.

I just finished my first Padron 1964 Anniversary. Damn fine cigar, if I do say so my damn self. Somebody send me a box of these and I'll say something nice about you.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Just finishing up a Gurkha Centurian. Wow...what an awesome smoke. Stellar burn, was expecting a typical perfecto burn, never touched it up once. Draw started off tight but became perfect about an inch in. Smooth, cedary, leathery, a little bit creamy-vanilla-ish. An outstanding smoke. Great dense construction and it lasted about 1 1/2 hours.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Smoked an Oliva O natural last torpedo last night. First smoke since Thursday. Did not like this one, one bit. Don't know what it was but it ranks pretty close to my experience with the Cusano xclusivo which I absolutely hated. I had the Maduro last week and really liked that one. Well, I have 2 more so maybe it was a bad stick. Time will tell.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked an Oliva O natural last torpedo last night. First smoke since Thursday. Did not like this one, one bit. Don't know what it was but it ranks pretty close to my experience with the Cusano xclusivo which I absolutely hated. I had the Maduro last week and really liked that one. Well, I have 2 more so maybe it was a bad stick. Time will tell.
    yeah, i didnt like the O either.