Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    gmill880:
    A El Cobre ...loved it ...thanks to the BOTL that set it to me
    mmmmm el cobre....
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Well last night I fired up the grill for some BBQ chicken and while I was at it I fired up the new House Blend from my local shop made by Tatuaje. WOW was about the only thing I could say. This was the best house blend cigar I've ever had! It is in the Noella size so it's a nice smaller smoke with tons of great flavor! The burn and draw were perfect. I have to say the shop owner was dead on when he said it was somewhere between the origional Brown Label Noella and the Reserva. Awesome smoke and I am seriously thinking about a box split with a buddy of mine on there. They are $180 for a box of 25. IMO worth every penny!
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Tonight I tried smoking a Perdomo Reserve Cameroon. After I lit the thing I noticed some cracks in the wrapper about halfway down the stick. It didn't seem to effect the burn during the first half of the smoke. I was able to get nice draws full of spicy smoke. This cigar tasted great. When I got down to the area where the cracks were the whole thing started to come undone. It's a shame to because I was starting to pick up a pretty dramatic change in flavor. This is the first problem I have ever had with any Perdomo stick. I will try this cigar again...soon.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Sol Cubano Artisan from the Cigar of the month club from ccom. Very excited about this.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Had a 5 Vegas Classic Toro and a Rocky Patel Fusion (Blue) Torpedo on the course today. Good stuff. . . goooooooooooood stuff.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Today was a Graycliff 1666. It was the only cigar in my truck, so I decided to burn it.. Not bad, It was earthy, leathery, and some coffee like flavors... The burn was straight and slow, very nice construction. I just don't see myself buying a box of them..Keep some on hand to pass out. The suggested price may keep some smokers away. Wait for a Deal.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    NYHCx516x:
    Sol Cubano Artisan from the Cigar of the month club from ccom. Very excited about this.
    Let us know how it is... that cigar has gotten mixed reviews here... and by mixed I mean Cabinetmaker hates it
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Lasabar:
    NYHCx516x:
    Let us know how it is... that cigar has gotten mixed reviews here... and by mixed I mean Cabinetmaker hates it
    But they look nice..
    cabinetmaker:
    Lasabar:
    NYHCx516x:
    But they look nice..
    Wow. Where to start. It does look mind blowing. Starting off, I wasnt impressed. Ive been on a Gurkha Shaggy kick, so thats what ive had recently to compare(recently as last night). So yea, starting out, was not very impressed. I shared it with a close friend, so we passed back and forth every few puffs. It started to grow on me about 3/4 of an inch in. It started fairly mild, then the taste got amazing. About half way through it was the best taste - which was impressive to me, beyond that, it got intense, not in a bad way at all, but really got strong. Shortly after the half way mark, we offered the owner of the cigar bar a taste, and it almost knocked his socks off. Something about wanting to know if there was gun powder mixed in ;) 3/4 of the way in, it got just too strong for me, not bitter at all, just too strong for my mid range taste. Im not one to spend 22 bucks a stick, but... i wouldnt pass one by if i had the chance to smoke another one. So, take that for what its worth... im very much a beginner at all this. Edited to add: It did burn well, nice draw the whole way through, held its ash about an inch or so in every time. Not a bad smoke. And it did turn some heads at the cigar bar.
    .. I don't know NYHC, But I never shared a cigar in 15+ years. Then the owner of the place jumps in too !! Three on a stick has to be bad for you..
    Hehe, well, im used to sharing with this friend of mine. (insert joke if you wish - it is a female friend!)
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    NYHCx516x:
    Hehe, well, im used to sharing with this friend of mine. (insert joke if you wish - it is a female friend!)

Well we feel a LITTLE better now ...damn reindeer games ...
    2 smoke day at work...first a Tabak Especial with about 7 months on it ...uummm uummmm gooood ! Excellent cocoa flavor and I think i'm beginning to like these at least as much as the Java. Next, one of my stand by daily smokes - a robusto Cuban Aristocrat ...tastes like your smoking a piece of buttery toast and very smooth ...
    Smoked 2 A.F signatures, a Graycliff 1666, Oliva Serie G cameroon, and a R.P. Decade toro - which I'm about to light up now.
    cabinetmaker:
    Smoked 2 A.F signatures, a Graycliff 1666, Oliva Serie G cameroon, and a R.P. Decade toro - which I'm about to light up now.
    Dammit.... You keep talking about this A.Fernandez signature.... That's IT!!!! I just ordered a box... my first blind box purchase, it better be good! (It should, it's gots mah two favs.... Honduran and Nicaraguan!)
    cabinetmaker:
    Damn cabbie.. Now your just showing off.
    Really, it was a lite day....
    Lasabar:
    cabinetmaker:
    Dammit.... You keep talking about this A.Fernandez signature.... That's IT!!!! I just ordered a box... my first blind box purchase, it better be good! (It should, it's gots mah two favs.... Honduran and Nicaraguan!)
    If you don't like them, I'll buy them off you.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    son of a bi*** - went to the dentist today and promised to cut back on the stogies. Went for a bike ride and lifted weights instead after work.....who lives like this?

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Today was a Casa Fuego belicoso in the afternoon and a Padilla Miami churchill in the evening. The Fuego is good, but it has this underlying flavor that comes out strongly about halfway that I'm not crazy about. The Padilla was, like always, a superb cigar, excellent construction, great draw and burn and the flavor, oh the flavor, delicious.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    gmill880:
    Next, one of my stand by daily smokes - a robusto Cuban Aristocrat ...tastes like your smoking a piece of buttery toast and very smooth ...
    That sounds delicious...where do you get them?

I had a Decade Torpedo earlier, awesome cigar as always.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Nothing for me last night. Played a little Basketball and went home and hung out with the wife and kiddo. Not sure what I'll have tonight if anything.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had a Camacho 1962 Churchill last night. It was pretty tasty but the last 2 inches got real bitter and that famous ammonia taste I am know for. I've had this one for almost a year, almost. It was a little soft but it has been in my smoking humi which recently has been around 65%.
    I had a La Aurora Robusto... It was a great smoke, perfect burn, good flavor...

Then WHAMMO!!!!

It got this really weird taste... At first I thought it was mold, but the wrapper was in perfect condition, nothing on it... The only reason I thought it was mold was because of the taste... After puffing a couple more times I could maybe describe it as "Clove" but the kind of clove that punches you in the face... If it wasn't such a drastic change it maybe would have been okay, but it just was such an overpowering taste.... *Blech*
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Lasabar:
    I had a La Aurora Robusto... It was a great smoke, perfect burn, good flavor...

Then WHAMMO!!!!

It got this really weird taste... At first I thought it was mold, but the wrapper was in perfect condition, nothing on it... The only reason I thought it was mold was because of the taste... After puffing a couple more times I could maybe describe it as "Clove" but the kind of clove that punches you in the face... If it wasn't such a drastic change it maybe would have been okay, but it just was such an overpowering taste.... *Blech*
    Maybe a stem was in there? I dunno.

I just had an RP Signature and large cup of coffee. Truly a breakfast of champions.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I just got done smoking a Perdomo Limited Reserve Oscuro Toro. What a great cigar. This thing had a perfect draw on it. The burn was near perfect. I can't say enough about the construction of the cigar. It had a great coffee/spice flavor to it. When I got to the last third I really started to notice the body of the cigar. I was out walking around and had to find someplace to sit down.
  • bigj51bigj51 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Cohiba red dot. it was ok not my particular taste
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    Next, one of my stand by daily smokes - a robusto Cuban Aristocrat ...tastes like your smoking a piece of buttery toast and very smooth ...
    That sounds delicious...where do you get them?

I had a Decade Torpedo earlier, awesome cigar as always.

Pick these up at a shop close to work -- I'm hammering on the owner to order some more -especially the perfecto size , they are very tasty and he is close to being out ...
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    CAO VR, it was hanging out in the bottom of the humi for over a year, very nice... especially with a side of Bushmills Black Bush.
  • andrewhandrewh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    I had the J. Fuego Gran Reserva Corojo. Wasn't real impressed, the first third was ok but the middle and the end turned a little bitter for my taste. Oh well, wasn't too bad-probably won't smoke it again unless it's free.