Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Today was a Camacho Havana Jamastran... I love this cigar. Taste profile included Coffee, leather, dark chocolate and with about a third left, I was hit with something I don't often taste, black licorice.
    Medium bodied with a peppery bite, I burned my teeth smoking this one. I did not want this one to end.. I believe it was the best cigar I have had in years. This one has the yellow label.
    I Highly recommend this one...It is sure to please.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    My first Nica Libre Toro (Diplimatico)...I really enjoyed this cigar all the way to the nub ! Very good construction and burned perfectly. I picked up some coffee and earth and a very nice rich thick taste covering the palate. About halfway thru a medium spiciness kicked in and then subsided a little with each puff there after. I didn't pick up any chocolate at all ...maybe next time. I only picked up 5 of these with an order of some other stuff here at CCOM and I think that may have been a mistake. I'll have to throw in an extra prayer that I win that box giv away the guys here are doing !!! Sat on the back deck and enjoyed this with a Glass of homemade spiced apple rum which has a thick spicey flavor all its own. I think this combo together will definatly earn a spot in the rotation .
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had one of those Vegas Robaina tonight. SoB was strong. It burnt super slow. Took around 2 hours. After about the first two inches it kept going out. I have one more. I believe these have tremendous aging potential so I"ll try again soon.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Had my first La Riqueza, what an awesome smoke. It bordered on being too spicy, but backed off just in time. Excellent construction as well, burned perfect and had just the right amount of resistance. Definately a cigar I'd need to be in the mood for and need to have the alone time to really appreciate, but I will be smoking more of these.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Smoked a nice little Oneoff compliments of Vulcher. About to smoke a Alec Bradley 1997 harvest select. Also today was an AF sig, and a RP decade, and an Flor D'Oliva.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Tonight was a R&J RR No2 Belicoso. I was craving one and went to pick up from local tobaco store. Its definately in my top 5 but I havent tried too many different brands either.
    Just finished a La Bonita Orange Label Mas Gordo. Smoking it made me happy, but the fact that it was my last La Bonita made me sad. I am in a turmoil now.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a La Bonita Orange Label Mas Gordo. Smoking it made me happy, but the fact that it was my last La Bonita made me sad. I am in a turmoil now.
    Haha, I sent you the info for ordering more. If you want, I can ship some to you, but since I'm pretty much flat out broke, it'd need to be a paypal deal rather then a trade.
    betasynn:
    alienmisprint:
    Haha, I sent you the info for ordering more. If you want, I can ship some to you, but since I'm pretty much flat out broke, it'd need to be a paypal deal rather then a trade.
    I may take you up on that, but it would be next month before I could. Gotta save some cash for the CAO event this month. :)
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    I just finished a Padilla Obsidian I received in a trade a few weeks back with sdip. I noticed a soft spot pre-light and sure enough it caused a little bit of a burn problem early on. I had to touch it up a few times but other than that it held together fine and produced a fine volume of smoke and flavor with a nice, firm draw.

I always enjoy a good maduro and this one really fit the bill this evening. Rich, creamy smoke with just the right amount of spice to accompany it. It did not really grow in strengh but the spice did pick up a little in the last third.

Overall I enjoyed it....and that's what matters, right?! Thanks again for these, sdip.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Me an' Rocky, Yeah! A Rocky Patel R4 and a snifter of Booker's - - Molto Bene.

Marty

• vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Padilla Burberry and LHO Light
  • fjmandrinofjmandrino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Rocky Patel I-press.  Anyone have suggestions for a Cognac to go with a Padron?  My father's birthday is coming up and I want to surprise him with a nice bottle and cigar.  Thanks guys

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Had a Man O War Ruination robusto #1 this afternoon, very good cigar as has been my experience thus far.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Nothing for me the past two night, in a nice little town of Lake Geneva for a wedding... I set my alarm early tomorrow morning so I can get up and smoke a Perdomo Champagne (the one in the orange cello) kind of a celebratory smoke before I stand up in my cousins wedding!!!

P.s. my cousin is AWESOME for he got all the groomsmen "Crystal Head Vodka" Look it up if you haven't heard of it and the bottle alone is super sweet!
    j0z3r:
    Had a Man O War Ruination robusto #1 this afternoon, very good cigar as has been my experience thus far.
    I actually just finished a MoW Ruination Robusto #2. This was my first Ruination. They definately have a kick, I don't know if the smaller sizes are as strong, but this one damn near put me down. Overall it was a very good cigar, just a little too spicy for me. This one had about two months on it.

I also had a Perdomo Fresco Maduro earlier, only made it about halfway through before I had to put it out. It didn't taste exactly like burnt plastic, but that is the closest thing I can think of to compare it to. Absolutely horrible.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    I just finished a Gurkha Signature 101 Maduro. EXTREMELY slow, razor straight burn. It had a good flavor, very earthy and smooth. This was the first cigar that has EVER lasted 1.5 hours for me. I enjoyed it, but would have liked to see the flavor profile change a little during the smoke. It was good, but the flavor never changed at all. Kinda one trick pony. I'd smoke it again if I was given one, just not sure I'd pay for another one.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    alienmisprint:
    I also had a Perdomo Fresco Maduro earlier, only made it about halfway through before I had to put it out. It didn't taste exactly like burnt plastic, but that is the closest thing I can think of to compare it to. Absolutely horrible.
    I've had that on a few cigars, all have been maduros, mostly different brands. All of them also left a ton of tar at the opening I'd cut, thus the horrible taste.

I had a AF sig, Gurkha micro s-2, Oliva serie g cammy, flor de oliva, and a mystery cigar (the band fell off some time ago) that was pretty damn nice.... Always sucks when I get one i really like and have no idea wtf it is...
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Felt a bit timid today and went with something light. Opened the humi and found out that my only light stick was a Gurkha Park Avenue. Pretty good, didn't change much but was exactly what I was looking for.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Nothing for me lately, hoping to hop over to my B&M this weekend and get one or two in.
  • SgtRickSgtRick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 75
    I had a Diamond Crown Maximus Robusto this afternoon with a bottle of water. After all it was 115 today in beautiful Anbar Province, Iraq. It was my first DCM. No age on it at all as I received it yesterday in the mail from CCom. I have to say the service from CCom is exceptional. The DCM burned quite well, had 1 runner but that was my fault and it recified itself without any help from me. Overall a decent smoke. Had a Cohiba Siglo IV 2 days ago and it is one of my favorites. Absolutly delicious smoke. Hard a beat a good Cuban Cohiba.
  • SgtRickSgtRick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 75
    fjmandrino:
    Rocky Patel I-press.  Anyone have suggestions for a Cognac to go with a Padron?  My father's birthday is coming up and I want to surprise him with a nice bottle and cigar.  Thanks guys

You cant go wrong with Courvoisier XO. Just my opinion of course. Alittle pricey but well worth it.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush:
    Nothing for me lately, hoping to hop over to my B&M this weekend and get one or two in.
    Holla at me if you do. You know I'm down to join you... that is, if you get that "honeydo" list done.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had a 601 last night. I think it was a Original. It was kinda soft and mushy when I took it out of the wrapper. I've had thi sin my smoking humidor for at least a week which is at 65%. I did have it in a zip lock back with a humi pillow so that may have been the issue. It might not have had enough time to come down. It was ok. A little harsh. I have one more that I'll try in a couple of months.

Today so far I had a 5 Vegas Miami while cutting the lawn. I think it was a toro but looked a little small to be one. This one was plugged up by the head I think. That is where it seemed most solid. This one was a little soft too but not as bad as the 601. It was also in a zip lock bad with a humi pillow but has been in my humidor for at least as long as the 601. It was on ok smoke. I had one of the torpedo's a while ago and was not thrilled with it. I may just not like the Miami. I haven't decided what I am going to have tonight.
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Had an illusione mj12 the other day. it was a really great cigar
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Nothing friday but today was a Nub Habano and was good but sorta got a hay taste from it ...first one i've got that from. Then next was a Cusano Hermanos Vintage churchill. Very smooth and creamy leaning mild to med. Tons o smoke and very tasty...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Holla at me if you do. You know I'm down to join you... that is, if you get that "honeydo" list done.
    I may be going with the honey.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Lasabar:
    Nothing for me the past two night, in a nice little town of Lake Geneva for a wedding... I set my alarm early tomorrow morning so I can get up and smoke a Perdomo Champagne (the one in the orange cello) kind of a celebratory smoke before I stand up in my cousins wedding!!!

P.s. my cousin is AWESOME for he got all the groomsmen "Crystal Head Vodka" Look it up if you haven't heard of it and the bottle alone is super sweet!
    Crysal Head Vodka is the shi*. Saw it at LEE's and liked the bottle and bought it to store my home made Grappa in it, but the vodka was as good . Just finished the bottle yesterday and was surprised that there was only 1/8 left. Dont remember drinking that much of it :) Very smooth and expensive for vodka. PS.I love weddings,free alchohol and everybody get to see the public execution ;) Contgarts to your cousin !
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    Lasabar:

How was the perdomo? I'm curious because ive got a 5-pack waiting for me at home and I really want to try them.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 and a Fire by Indian /tabac - robusto. Life is good.

Marty