Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    R&J Reserva Real Churchill.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Thats a good smoke Zoomie ...nothing for me tonite ...
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Saturday, I was at a B-Day herf and smoked a ton.
    Started with a Jose Piedra
    Then Opus BBMF Maduro
    Tat T110
    Bolivar PC
    601 Green
    and finished with a San Cristobal

Today was a Padilla Miami
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    partagas black label. A little scared of how rich it looks. Seems likes its a little too moist perhaps as the draws are a little tight. but good smooth rich taste with little pepper. Very peat mossy. Getting better as it goes, but might have to store them drier next time
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    5 Vegas Gold Maduro... I gotta revisit it after some more stay in the humi...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    None for me tonight or probably for most of the week. :-(
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Today was the first day of classes for the semster, and I had a busy day at work, so I'm smoking one of my all time favorites. A Fuente Anejo #46.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    zoom6zoom:
    R&J Reserva Real Churchill.
    Love the Reserva royal,especially No2 bellicoso, may be my top 3 cigar.
    Tonight is the Padilla Achilles Torpedo. Not a bad cigar at all. Little bit spicy with earth tones. This is my firts cigar in like 4 days and i am enjoying it. For the rest of week i will try to taste the rest of the torpedos from Padilla that i bought CCOM.
  • Archangel32GArchangel32G Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    Itll be a long night so i have to smoke early. CAO Brazilia
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    vankleekkw:
    Saturday, I was at a B-Day herf and smoked a ton.
    Started with a Jose Piedra
    Then Opus BBMF Maduro
    Tat T110
    Bolivar PC
    601 Green
    and finished with a San Cristobal

Today was a Padilla Miami
    Glad you were stilll standing! That's a ton of smoke. How as the Tat T110?
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Padilla Signature 1948.
    5x50 Robusto
    Nicaraguan Corojo Wrapper, and Crillolo Binder, Fillier is combo Nic Corojo Crillolo mix

Not a bad little smoke here.
    It looked Perfect like a werewolf of london
    Smelled tobacco great
    I cut it and the cap nearly exploded off the cigar. See that I need a new cutter!!!! I wont blame the cigar.

I did a draw test and althought the draw was fine it seemed a bit off. Like there was a tunnel in the cigar.
    I lit it up and the amound of smoke I was getting in the 1st third just wasnt what I am used to or desire. The flavors were ok nothing amazing.

In the 2nd third this cigar took off. The construction problem fixed itself and it produced lots of flavorful smoke. Hints of spice and sweet nut. It reminded me of a Hazelnut coffee flavor.

I didnt get to the last third as I had to ditch this one early because I arrived at work.

I have another one resting and hope to get better flavors out of the 1st third.

One issue I had with the band on this cigar is that it is double banded. 1 Padilla band and then a signature band.
    These bands overlap so you need to take off the Padilla band 1st and then the signature band in order or else you may tear the wrapper.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Lasabar:
    I held it with my middle finger against my palm and used my index and thumb to push it through... the cut was straight but still had that mound of tobacco off to one side where the blades started to come of the cigar as I squeezed, prolly user error but better than what I've been used to..
    go through the clipping motion without a cigar in there. if there is any motion in the blades other than them coming together, then that is where the ridge is coming from. there is nothing you can do about that. my old double guillotine (off brand) did that no matter how i held it.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Last night was a plugged CAO Black 'VR'.... got about an inch in and had to lay her down....

Shame Shame
  • mario6736mario6736 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    j0z3r:
    Where abouts in Socal are you Mario?

Had a couple today. Started off with a La Aroma de Cuba robusto in the afternoon, this one performed a little less well than others, didn't want to burn by itself causing me to puff to frequently and burn it hot. Later was an El Cobre toro, this one did perform well and rewarded me with an excellent flavor and a nice kick of strength to boot.
    Sorry j0z3r, I just saw ur post this morn. Im from Covina, CA. About 30 min east of Downtown LA.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Just started a Monticristo Peruvian Buena Fortuna. This is either my last one or one of my last ones. I've had this cigar since March of 2007. It's pretty good now.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Romeo Y Julieta Cedro Deluxe No. 1
    Very tight draw but nice flavor.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just finished a 5 Vegas A, the box-pressed toro (I forget what the name of that size is). Damn good stick, but I still prefer the larger ringe-gauge toro. I smoked this one because of that Triple-A I saw last night. I needed to remind myself how much I liked the regular A so I can be even more sad that I have not yet tried (or even heard of prior to last night) this apparently new Triple-A.
  • JCargoJCargo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    Cohiba, Cuban, Veterano. Earthy and smooth. Not an everyday smoker but a good every other day smoker.
    Smoked the BlackBand Project Camacho Triple M ...a very good smoke ...I will definitly be looking to pick up some of these ...very very good ...
    JCargo:
    Cohiba, Cuban, Veterano. Earthy and smooth. Not an everyday smoker but a good every other day smoker.

Welcome JC
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    In the middle of a Gurkha 1887. It really isn't bad. I don't know if I'd buy any, but I probably wouldn't turn one down if it was offered sometime in the future.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    bbc020:
    Glad you were stilll standing! That's a ton of smoke. How as the Tat T110?
    Wonderful. They are definately a smoke that you need if you are a Pete Whore.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    a Acid Atom Maduro. I had a Acid Liquid the other night which wasn't that good, but this one smoked very nicely. Not a ton of Maduro flavor, but pleasent none the less
    My first Nica Libre today on the river drinking a local pub's beer...
    It was too windy which made this burn hot, and it was a little plugged... Let's hope to God this cigar gets better after the first 3 weeks, I went and bought a box because of all the hype on this forum!
    Naw, what I DID get out of it was tasty, so we'll see

All of this was before I went to Benihana and then the Phantom of the Opera...
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Sadly I'm not smoking anything tonight =( I have decided that all of my cigars need a little bit more rest before I start lighting them up. None seem quite mature enough to be smoked just yet and it's a sacrifice that I willingly take for the quality of my future smokes. I'll be puffing away in a week or two.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Ah, man, tonight I'm cracking into the Matasa 30th anniversary that some kick-ass BOTL sent me here, and it's a great cigar. Very variable in what it brings to the table in terms of flavor.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    today i had a gurkha park ave. sent to be by robert69165 in a PIF. complimented my book well.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I finished reading the last few chapters James Frey's "A Millian Little Pieces," a book I've been meaning to finish for a while now, and decided to break open my much anticipated Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story. Figured this would be fitting with a short and gratifying read. I was thoroughly impressed. Got some very nice creamy flavors as well as some good spice (still not great with naming taste). Kinda like a very mild creme brule or eggnog with nutmeg. Very nice complimenting flavors.
    betasynn:
    Ah, man, tonight I'm cracking into the Matasa 30th anniversary that some kick-ass BOTL sent me here, and it's a great cigar. Very variable in what it brings to the table in terms of flavor.
    Smoke ON!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Taking the day off for my birthday today. For a morning smoke I lit up an ISOM Cohiba courtesy of one of the great folks here on the forum. I've been saving this one for a special occasion, not having had one before. This was a nice smoke, very good slow burn, but with a bit of a tight draw at first, which I understand is characteristic of Cubans. I found the smoke fairly mild; my palate is not the most refined, but had I been handed this stick without a band I believe I would have thought it was a 5 Vegas Classic.

Later today will probably be a Padron '64 or a VSG.... or both!