Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I just opened the sampler pack of La Herencia Cubana that's been sitting in the bottom of my big humidor forever. I lit up the robusto. Based on this one, I think these are a great value stick.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Had a coffee and a Don pepin Series JJ maduro, no good... should go for about 2 bucks a stick...well thats a lie, but if we pretend mabey we can make it happen, and I can enjoy this fantastic smoke at an everyday price.
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Smoking an A. Fernandez robusto right now and wow is it good :)
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    CAO Cameroon l'anniversaire. Very smooth smoke, but I feel its on the mild side for a cigar advertised as medium. Smells stronger than it tastes
  • olerob_50+olerob_50+ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Scrambler..... Those are really good smokes & they do get better with humi time.I keep several different vitolas in my humi.Enjoy,bet you get more. Lol
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Finally smoked an opus x I had resting for 6+ months to celebrate the birth (and homecoming) of my new baby girl. Loved it, worth the $. And for whatever reason (probably an empty stomach) to first stick to really put a hurtin on me. Plus it was windy out so I was working hard to keep that burn going.

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    I'm gonna smoke my soul! Blah... Tough week... Everybody wanting things from me - at work, from friends, from roommates, girlfriend, study for grad school... When the F can I just freaking have an hour for myself? Please... Thank you... I will say F U to everybody right now and pull whatever I grab first from my humi...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    alienmisprint:
    The A. Fernandez was okay, nothing really special though. Maybe it just doesn't suit my palate, but it kinda hit me as one-dimensional. I am in the middle of a CAO Black now though, it is really hitting the spot.
    Id give it another shot as the 1st or 2nd cigar of the day. These have grown nicely on me.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I broke out a Monticristo Media Noche Edmundo tonight. I've had it resting for a while, but I couldn't wait any longer. Great smoke!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Nothing again tonight - got too caught up with the colts on TV and a lotta beer -we win 23-15 woohoo- now I'm too tired ...thats no smokes at all this week so far ...gotta change that tommorow ...
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    yea not smoking anything tonight either - just ran out of time - just bought a 5-pack of sol cubano cabinets and thinking about buying a 5-pack of a fernandez church :)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Had a Padilla Signature 1932 robusto this afternoon. Always a good cigar and one that'll keep permanent residence in my humidor.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Had a three gar day. Started this afternoon with a DPG Cuban Classic Perla. Great shorter smoke that still lasted about 50 minutes and packs a decent punch. Next was a Camacho SLR Maduro Torpedo that I picked up in Akron back in December at Kuzipalooza 08. Such a great smoke with some meaty and sweet flavors to go with a medium body. Finally I ended the night with an Ashton VSG Corona Gorda. I decided to sacrifce it because it had two cracks in the wrapper. One that was about and inch long starting at the foot and one about 2 inches in that was only about a centimeter. I was worried it wouldn't burn well, but it burned like a champ. Great cigar and the finish to a great day.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    bbc020:
    Next was a Camacho SLR Maduro Torpedo that I picked up in Akron back in December at Kuzipalooza 08. Such a great smoke with some meaty and sweet flavors to go with a medium body.
    thats a good smoke right there. dont forget kuzipaluza '09 is October 10th.
    Renaissance_Man:
    I'm gonna smoke my soul! Blah... Tough week... Everybody wanting things from me - at work, from friends, from roommates, girlfriend, study for grad school... When the F can I just freaking have an hour for myself? Please... Thank you... I will say F U to everybody right now and pull whatever I grab first from my humi...
    Ended up smoking a Fonseca Vintage that Betasynn had gifted to me... Awesome cigar! One of the better mild cigars. Had a pleasant sweet aftertaste, was very smooth, and provided with lots of nuts and oak... I will be looking to find more of these - prolly through a trade here...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Luko:
    Finally smoked an opus x I had resting for 6+ months to celebrate the birth (and homecoming) of my new baby girl. Loved it, worth the $. And for whatever reason (probably an empty stomach) to first stick to really put a hurtin on me. Plus it was windy out so I was working hard to keep that burn going.

Congrats brother!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Smoked the MX2 last night. It was good but had major burn problems and I didn't have my own lighter to correct. I ended up using log stick wodden matches near the end. During the last 2 inches I was able to get the burn straightened out but I was almost done at that point.

Tonight we are going to the local B&M to the Miami Cigars and La Aurora event. I brought a Tabak Especial Connie to smoke on the way there and while I am there, I also brought one for my friend who likes infused cigars. I also brought a 1495 1994 for my time there and a Regent Torpedo in case the other two are not enough.
    rwheelwright:
    Luko:

Congrats brother!
    Thanks Wheelie...
    rwheelwright:
    Luko:

Congrats brother!
    Thanks Wheelie...
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Celebrated my buddies Bday yesterday with a Rocky Patel Vintage Torp....

Fantastic smoke!
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    hanging out at a B&M smoking a Rocky '92 waiting for the football game to start.
  • olerob_50+olerob_50+ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Finishing a MOW torpedo I know alot of you guys don't like em but I love em .I do have a 5 pack of RUINATION belicosas' that I am letting sit awhile.
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked the MX2 last night. It was good but had major burn problems and I didn't have my own lighter to correct. I ended up using log stick wodden matches near the end. During the last 2 inches I was able to get the burn straightened out but I was almost done at that point.

Tonight we are going to the local B&M to the Miami Cigars and La Aurora event. I brought a Tabak Especial Connie to smoke on the way there and while I am there, I also brought one for my friend who likes infused cigars. I also brought a 1495 1994 for my time there and a Regent Torpedo in case the other two are not enough.

Mmmm 1495/1994 mmmmmmm
    first 2 smokes of the week ...first was a RP Edge ...good smoke , flavor was alright as well, the further along the more I enjoyed it. About half-way thru an old attorney friend showed up and he loved the smell...he has not smoked cigars in about a year after smoking them forever ...he also gave up bourbon after stomach problems ( he's mid sixties) but he set outside with me an enjoyed the aroma, a definite good time with him. The second smoke late this evening was a Oliva Conn from a BOTL here on the forum. I totally enjoyed this stick , good and creamy and smooth and I also got what I would describe as 'flavor bursts about 4-5 times with a heavy drag off this cigar...can't quite describe the flavor but it was enjoyable.
  • andrewhandrewh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Just smoked a CCOM Brazilian-I got the fiver back when it was a daily deal. Nice looking cigar but the filler was loose and created some burn issues. Good cigar minus the burn issues. I checked the others and they are packed fuller so I am looking forward to those.
    The CCom Brazilian was the only CCom house blend I did not care for ...humph !!! Loved the Cuban Label though ...
    Finishing up a rocky patel 1990.... Still as I remember it and still in my top 5 ;).... Glad a could enjoy it with some peace and quiet alone on my sun porch...
  • andrewhandrewh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    gmill880:
    The CCom Brazilian was the only CCom house blend I did not care for ...humph !!! Loved the Cuban Label though ...
    How were the cameroons?
  • mario6736mario6736 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    I just had a Tabak Especial by Drew Estate on my hammick enjoying a beautiful So. California evening. I was all alone, had time to really enjoy some peace and quiet (and a great cigar) after a long week. It was FANTASTIC!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Where abouts in Socal are you Mario?

Had a couple today. Started off with a La Aroma de Cuba robusto in the afternoon, this one performed a little less well than others, didn't want to burn by itself causing me to puff to frequently and burn it hot. Later was an El Cobre toro, this one did perform well and rewarded me with an excellent flavor and a nice kick of strength to boot.