Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    As you said it's subjective and we all agree with that. It is always interesting to see others opinion. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
    j0z3r:
    rzaman:
    the 11/18 shape releases the best flavor. Camacho is the only company grows original first generation non-hybreed Corojo seeds from the Rodriguez's firm who developed the first Corojo seeds at Vuelta Abajo region in Cuba. This is a reason why Camacho's Corojo leaves are so tasty and unique.
    That's quite subjective. I happen to disagree and feel the 11/18 vitola tastes flat, that has been my experience with every blend I've tried that vitola in except the FOR, which as you know was only made in the 11/18 vitola. Personally, I have always had my best Camacho results with the parejos. To each his own though.
    As you said it's subjective and we all agree with that. It is always interesting to see others opinion. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
    j0z3r:
    rzaman:
    the 11/18 shape releases the best flavor. Camacho is the only company grows original first generation non-hybreed Corojo seeds from the Rodriguez's firm who developed the first Corojo seeds at Vuelta Abajo region in Cuba. This is a reason why Camacho's Corojo leaves are so tasty and unique.
    That's quite subjective. I happen to disagree and feel the 11/18 vitola tastes flat, that has been my experience with every blend I've tried that vitola in except the FOR, which as you know was only made in the 11/18 vitola. Personally, I have always had my best Camacho results with the parejos. To each his own though.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    rzaman:
    You are welcome. not all Camacho cigars are good. please try 10 Anniversary 11/18, Pre-embargo 1962(the Cuban tobacco is a marketing gimmick, it the original Corojo seeds deliver the complex flavor), Camacho Corojo. If you can find camacho Liberty 2006 or 2007 then try them as well.
    OchoZacho:
    I have zero experience with Camacho and have been intrigued lately. Rip, thanks for educating us on this one.
    I think my B&M has some Liberties. Not sure what year, but I will check.
    If they are from 2008 until 2011 you can pass. Oh almost forgot to mention this, if you like bold maduro cigar then Camacho Triple Maduro is a must try. FYI, Davidoff acquired Camacho as of 2008 though Christian Eiora remained the president of the brand.
    OchoZacho:
    rzaman:
    You are welcome. not all Camacho cigars are good. please try 10 Anniversary 11/18, Pre-embargo 1962(the Cuban tobacco is a marketing gimmick, it the original Corojo seeds deliver the complex flavor), Camacho Corojo. If you can find camacho Liberty 2006 or 2007 then try them as well.
    OchoZacho:
    I have zero experience with Camacho and have been intrigued lately. Rip, thanks for educating us on this one.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    It's a nice night to be sitting outside with a diesel unholy cocktail.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    rzaman:
    If they are from 2008 until 2011 you can pass. Oh almost forgot to mention this, if you like bold maduro cigar then Camacho Triple Maduro is a must try. FYI, Davidoff acquired Camacho as of 2008 though Christian Eiora remained the president of the brand.
    OchoZacho:
    rzaman:
    OchoZacho:
    Camacho's are among my favorite as a whole. The Triple Maduro is among my top 5 all-time smokes.
    The only Camachos that don't really do anything for me are the Candela and the CLE.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    JDN DC Martillo, dont smoke close to as many cigars as I used to and this is a real treat,
    gaberox:
    JDN DC Martillo, dont smoke close to as many cigars as I used to and this is a real treat,
    ////Good choice.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Fixin to light up a Liga Privada no. 9 that is a couple months over 3 years old. I'm expecting a lot of cedar influence as it was in direct contact with the humidor shelf for almost its entire time with me. Last one from the box...here we go.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    padillia habano toro thanks to amz1301 image
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    AF Curlyhead ..... Barf!
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    My first LP cigar, a T52 Robusto
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Currently my First AJ Fresh rolled. Not bad at all. Was not a fan for the first couple of puffs but it treating me a lot better now. A good smoke for writing a 20 page paper that is due tommorow.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    Decided to go with the Undercrown for my second stick of the day. What a great cigar!
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    pbchevo:
    i like those, dont make many box purchases but did on those
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    OchoZacho:
    rzaman:
    OchoZacho:
    Party source has a box of the 2011's out, but no older ones that I saw, Zach.
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    Padilla Maduro and a glass of Sweet Tea
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    the only thing I didnt like much on the LPH maddy was that this one stick didnt really have that thick smoke that I've been liking but it was great cigar. I picked up a 5er and if I find some on the sprintsale then yea am going to buy more
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Imgembo:
    Currently my First AJ Fresh rolled. Not bad at all. Was not a fan for the first couple of puffs but it treating me a lot better now. A good smoke for writing a 20 page paper that is due tommorow.
    ive yet to smoke one that wasn't kinda bad for the first few puffs; and i try to have some chocolate on hand with them, i think that they go great together.
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    My first four kicks and a margarita with fresh squeezed lime juice.
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    My first Diesel UHC!!!!! WOW
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    The wife and I had our first OpusX. The petit lanceros that I picked up earlier today! Absolutely amazing! IMAG0120
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    taythegibs:
    Imgembo:
    ive yet to smoke one that wasn't kinda bad for the first few puffs; and i try to have some chocolate on hand with them, i think that they go great together.
    Thats funny i had some dark chocolate chips right after wards.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    My first Illusione 88 - crack in the wrapper at the mouth end will make me be delicate throughout the smoke, but right off the bat I was very impressed with the initial aromas and flavors
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Smoked a great cigar a Viaje Super Shot from jigbv very good!