Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    I love the Man o War. Actaully i'm out and need to get some more. I just finished up the day with an Oliva G Cameroon. It hit the spot and along with the Maduro is one of my mainstay smokes. I've had a massive influx of smokes in the past week or so and all the rest are chillin for 3 weeks.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I am smoking a Bahia Blue. It started out OK but I started to get a sour taste. I think I got this in a sampler somewhere but am not sure. Needless to say, I probably won't buying any on my own.
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Nothing, Its 32 degrees outside, I hate winter in cape cod.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    H. Upmann this evening -nit sure of size-it was very old-nothin'to write home about till about a 3rd thru - then the flavor picked up-cedary,peat,woodsy flavor,all in all good.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    ITC Tenth anny, another cigar I got in the pass. Man that was good. Perfect burn, draw was right on. I recommend this cigar to anyone that likes full flavored cigars.
    fan of the ITC as well dep-that is a good smoke
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    urbino:
    Atsalotta cigars in one day, paisano.
    And how, with temps here in the 20s, that's at least two or three weeks' worth for me. Smoke up, jozer...I will live vicariously through you.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    urbino:
    Atsalotta cigars in one day, paisano.
    And how, with temps here in the 20s, that's at least two or three weeks' worth for me. Smoke up, jozer...I will live vicariously through you.

gmill880:
    fan of the ITC as well dep-that is a good smoke

It is a good smoke, now I know RP changed the anny to the decade and don't get me wrong the Decade is a very good cigar worthy of ultra premium brand. Now the ITC has what teh Decade doesn't have the pepper that I don't know what fuller flavor I guess. I should note about my rambling I have not slept in 24 hrs and I have been drinking so I may not make too much sense, but I know the ITC is a damn good cigar because I was sober when I smoked it and I remember it when I am drunk. That should count for something. Disclamer I am at home and do not plan on driving.

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I enjoyed the ITC 10th as well.

Today I had a good old stand-by, a La Aurora 1495 cameroon 1994, always a nice cigar. I had taken a stab at a Gurkha Triple Ligero a bit earlier, I got the worst metallic taste on my palate, like sucking on a penny, and threw it away promptly...the taste just stuck there, even through the La Aurora I could still taste it...blech!

j0z3r:

Today I had a good old stand-by, a La Aurora 1495 cameroon 1994, always a nice cigar. I had taken a stab at a Gurkha Triple Ligero a bit earlier, I got the worst metallic taste on my palate, like sucking on a penny, and threw it away promptly...the taste just stuck there, even through the La Aurora I could still taste it...blech!

Not a fan of the gurkhas's, except the Legend Perfecto now that does have a good flavor. I have not had the La Aurora. Have you had the barrel aged, I have seen some good reviews but not from anyone I trust.

j0z3r:

Sucking on a penny .... thats painting a nasty palate picture there Joe....that actually gave me a shiver....damn

It was pretty gross gmill, I don't know if that was one bad stick, and honestly I don't know if I want to find out.

dep: I have had the Barrel Aged, it is a good smoke, though I felt it could use some additional rest. I'd recommend it though.

j0z3r:
    It was pretty gross gmill, I don't know if that was one bad stick, and honestly I don't know if I want to find out.

dep: I have had the Barrel Aged, it is a good smoke, though I felt it could use some additional rest. I'd recommend it though.

Thanks for the recommendation I will pick some up and try.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Tonight was a 5 Vegas A. Very good smoke. It started medium body and finished up medium-full. Touch of leather, touch of cedar, just a tad bit of spice and great smooth flavor. In my opinion pretty well balanced.
    That is an awesome smoke Jet...I think I'm gonna have me one tomorrow, it's been long enough.
  • lvlawlvlaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15

Gents, I'm new to this site, though I've read some of your posts with interest.  I've been smoking cigars for about 2 years.  I know what I like but I can't tell you why. 

Tonight I had an El Centurion Guerrero.  Nice cigar, but not packed with quite the punch I expected.  Great burn and a generally nice taste, but not as spicy as other Pepins I've smoked.  I have the other sizes in the humidor, and hopefully they will be stronger.

I look forward to joining you bo9ys on occasion.

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard lvlaw. You should visit the new to site thread in the general discussion section here and introduce yourself proper like :)
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/2/29118/ShowThread.aspx#29118

I figured since this seems to be the most popular thread and I had a cigar tonight, I mught as well jump in with both feet.

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Welcome aboard lvlaw.

Last night I had a Camacho Havana(I believe thats it right? light greenish wrapper?) robusto. I'm really beginning to like these guys. Not exactly flavor packed but a good solid smoke all the way through. Again with a glass or 3 of Bob Red.
    Welcome lvlaw.

I am smoking a Graycliff 1666 churchill today. Been aging for months. Just started to get good when I had to put it down. Can't wait for lunch to go do some puff puff.
    Thanks for the welcome.  RWheelwright, how are things in Jersey?  I was born and raised there and worked for some time in Morristown and Florham Park.
    lvlaw:
    Thanks for the welcome.  RWheelwright, how are things in Jersey?  I was born and raised there and worked for some time in Morristown and Florham Park.
    Things are COLD! Too much traffic. Too much trash living in the area. So, the same ol Jersey. Where you living now?
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Welcome aboard lvlaw.

Last night I had a Camacho Havana(I believe thats it right? light greenish wrapper?) robusto. I'm really beginning to like these guys. Not exactly flavor packed but a good solid smoke all the way through. Again with a glass or 3 of Bob Red.
    That doesn't sound like the Havana, maddy. It's pretty much dark brown.
    Las Vegas, the land of eternal sunshine, sins galore, and no state income taxes.  And good cigar bars.
    Tonight was a Rocky Patel Edge toro, perfect construction and good flavor...I think it's safe to say I'm a fan of this cigar.
    Tonight an old favorite AF Hemingway Classic. Just looked at my post count broke 200 finally lol.
    dep691:
    Tonight an old favorite AF Hemingway Classic. Just looked at my post count broke 200 finally lol.
    LOVE THIS CIGAR!
    lvlaw:
    Las Vegas, the land of eternal sunshine, sins galore, and no state income taxes.  And good cigar bars.
    Totally Jealous!