Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    rwheelwright:
    lvlaw:
    Las Vegas, the land of eternal sunshine, sins galore, and no state income taxes.  And good cigar bars.
    Totally Jealous!
    ...and totally over priced.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311

rwheelwright:
    dep691:
    Tonight an old favorite AF Hemingway Classic. Just looked at my post count broke 200 finally lol.
    LOVE THIS CIGAR!

Classic cigar flavor, I always have a box on hand.

• TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    Sol cubano on the way home from work it's 7 below- it's cold
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I was going to have a 5 Vegas Serie A yesterday on my drive back from the lake but just wasn't up for it. Looking back I wish I had smoked it cause I'm back at work now and know it will be a WHILE before I have another chance to smoke... Oh well, I'll just have to live vicariously through all of you guys!
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    dep691:
    Just looked at my post count broke 200 finally lol.
    Damn. I would've sworn you'd posted more than that!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Nothing for me today. The roof of my mouth is a little raw. Tomorrow we are going to the local B&M so I'll smoke plenty.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    yesterday was a punch rare corojo and then a java robusto---nothing yet today but its early
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    just smoked an Oliva G Maduro Special G. Nice tasty smoke that burned for a little over 45 minutes while I ran some errands throughout town.
    This evening I enjoyed a El Rey Del Mundo cabinet select salundo - wonderful flavor, ton of white billowing smoke, an awsome 1 1/2 hours of relaxation.....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    This afternoon was a Padilla Miami torpedo. In as few words as possible: awesome cigar. The only bad thing about this particular cigar is a large gouge near the head that was suffered a few days ago when I dropped it...I had to adjust my smoking of this one so that my lips would cover the damage and allow me to draw on it...kinda like choking up on a baseball bat I suppose.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Damn you, j0z3r, stop coming up with stuff for me to try!
    urbino:
    Damn you, j0z3r, stop coming up with stuff for me to try!
    That's what she said....no, no...that doesn't fit at all. :)

FWIW, I think you'll like it if you do try it.
    j0z3r:
    no, no...that doesn't fit at all.
    That's what she said.
    j0z3r:
    FWIW, I think you'll like it if you do try it.
    That's what she- oh hell, it's tiresome already. (Now that's what she said.) I'll get around to trying Padilla's Miami one of these days.
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    I just got a padilla sampler earlier this week with 4 of each of the following Maimi, achilles, habano, obsidian and the 68 I have only had the obsidian this far so I am pretty excited to try the others. With that the 10 gurkha centurians the 10 triple ligeros the pepin sampler and the box of VSGs I am pretty much going to be smoking only cigars I already know I love or ones I am excited to try for a long time and will be able to let the Opus Xs and anejos I have left age for a while without being so tempted to smoke them.
    Herf at Stoogee's house, everybody! VSGs provided!
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    urbino:

If anybody is around Denver anytime soon I am up for it and would gladly supply any of you with a VSG to smoke.
    finished up the day with a Camacho SLR Maduro Rothschild...great construction, wasn't in love with the flavor profile, but was pleasant and def medium to full bodied.
    Stoogee:
    urbino:

If anybody is around Denver anytime soon I am up for it and would gladly supply any of you with a VSG to smoke.
    Mighty good of you, Stooge. I don't know that I'd be so generous.
    Smoking a Gurkha Doble Maduro. Not bad but nothing to right home about. It's pleasant but not "knock your socks off" good like the Shaggy.
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    currently puffing away at a Rocky Patel Sun Grown. I've had it before but, it's just as tasty as I remember
    Nuthin' for me again tonight. Got another *#$*%(#! cold. I've had more crud in the last month than in the previous few years put together.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    hope you get well Urbi...I think I've got some minor funk...taste buds a bit off.

I had another 5Vegas A. This was smaller, not bad but between my taste buds and the fact that my humi is at like 75rh, this was not what i experianced with the first one.

Gotta fix the humi in my humi.
    If that is the one I sent you Andy, then that would make it the Anomaly, 4.5 x 44?...I think it is quite tasty and packs a good punch. Though it does better below 70%.

Today was a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II...Wow! This was a good one...packed a good punch with a more peppery profile and a good dose of leather mixed in compared to the standard line. I'm not sure what the wrapper was, but I'd tend toward Ecuadorian Sumatra or Nicaraguan habano...either way it was dang tasty.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Yeah, thats the one. I got some flavor out of it but I should have known better with the 75rh. I just realy wanted to smoke.

urbino:
    Nuthin' for me again tonight. Got another *#$*%(#! cold. I've had more crud in the last month than in the previous few years put together.

hope you get to feelin' better 'Bino. Work was mid 20's and snow till about 3 pm but when it quit i stepped out an lit up a padron 4000, my first, was very good,must pick up some more 3000 and 4000's

• cheymancheyman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Had a Nub 466 Habano...just a little too big for my liking...smoked good though.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I love the Habano, have had one resting for about three weeks. Love the Connie too.
    I like them all. I think the habano was my favorite, but it's hard to say for sure only having one of each. It is definitely a cigar I will explore some more.
    Had the big Black Dragon tonight. It was good till the last inch. At that point I started getting an amonia aftertaste. But the first 7.5 inches were great.
    lots of opportunity to smoke today. Had a Verdadero Toro today on a drive for work. Very nice light flavors, but it was a little on the tight side. On the way back I had a DPG Blue Invictos, solid burn and great flavor profile as always. Later this evening I had a Avo Domaine #30. Great smoke with that classic avo smoothness with some awesome flavors. I swear I get something nutmeg-ish when I smoke this cigar.