Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

We gotta do it Krieg

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
yeah... My Giants against your Braves... neither team looked great in their last series... but thanks to some great pitching, the Giants beat the Pads and clinched the West on the last day and also secured the Wild Card for the Braves...

so what are the stakes?

10 sticks?

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    robbyras:
    yeah... My Giants against your Braves... neither team looked great in their last series... but thanks to some great pitching, the Giants beat the Pads and clinched the West on the last day and also secured the Wild Card for the Braves...

so what are the stakes?

10 sticks?
    lol, 10?? I was listening to the Giants and Padres game yesterday on my iphone while smoking a gurk park ave, probably the one and only time I will ever root for your Giants :) Kinda low on inventory, but I can swing 5 :)
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    sounds like a man who is afraid of facing Timmy, Cain and Sanchez in a short series... I can't blame you...

we can bet whatever you want... how about a box of Ccom house label of the winners choice... am I getting overexcited? probably...

you select the terms and I'm in...
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    I'm happy to see the Giants make it...being from N Cali (Fairfield) I never imagined this day would come...I only hope their bats will come alive as they're really heavy on pitching. Can't rely on the pitchers for everything.
    robbyras:
    sounds like a man who is afraid of facing Timmy, Cain and Sanchez in a short series... I can't blame you...

we can bet whatever you want... how about a box of Ccom house label of the winners choice... am I getting overexcited? probably...

I see you left out Zito lol
    Nick2021:
    robbyras:

I see you left out Zito lol
    ha... i'll be a little shocked if he even makes the roster for the NLDS... not sure where he fits in... I'd carry Bumgarner as a long man over zito... and there is no way in hell that Rowand makes the roster... not sure you need a 6th outfielder in a best of 5 series...
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I bet if the wager was a box of Swisher's Chris would be all in ^_^
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    robbyras:

so what are the stakes?

10 sticks?
    I've been a Braves fan for as long as I can remember.. I really think we are out prove something this year..not just b/c its Bobby's last year but b/c we have battled some injuries, we allowed the Philles to run away with the division..with that being said you care put up 10 sticks for a bet with me..or at least 5?
    Hayblet:
    I bet if the wager was a box of Swisher's Chris would be all in ^_^
    yeah, i should agreed with the 10, and send him some nice tasty peach flavored swishers! With Prado and Chipper down...gonna be an interesting series, just hope conrad and infante don't make anymore dumbass errors.
    ok... so I've got 5 sticks on the line with each of you guys...Krieg and smoke em if you got em
    robbyras:

LOL...yeah...ok....fine buddy, we will do 10!
    Krieg:
    robbyras:

ok... 10 it is... whatever you wanna lose is fine with me... =P
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    robbyras:
    Krieg:
    robbyras:

10 sounds good to me!
    smoke em if you got em:
    robbyras:
    Krieg:
    robbyras:

10 sounds good to me!
    sounds good... i'll just have to clear some room
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I think it's great that two new BOTL's have found their reflection in each other's hearts.... and then to have this awesome relationship come to fruition right on these foru.........

Oh... I just read the posts... Nevermind...
    Lasabar:
    I think it's great that two new BOTL's have found their reflection in each other's hearts.... and then to have this awesome relationship come to fruition right on these foru.........

haha... now that is funny...HA!
    robbyras:
    Lasabar:

haha... now that is funny...HA!
    now that was funny
    Saw that zito didn't make the roster, this should give the Giants a SIGNIFICANT boost at their chances of winning...looks like they're serious about winning and don't care how much a player is making when it comes to winning!
    I felt like they became serious about winning the day they decided that Andres Torres was going to be the everyday centerfielder... they buried Rowand on the bench and never looked back... Zito was a decent fifth starter this year, lets be honest, he was the #5 guy... but there is no need for a #5 in a short series... It's the right move...

it also looks like Rowand made the roster, which I don't really get... My only guess is that ATL's 2 best relievers are Lefties, so a righthander off the bench to hit late in the game is a good thing... i'll be shocked if he ever puts on his glove
    yes, Posey was out at second... but, Cox decided to throw a needless strike to Ross...

and just to make the bad calls as second even, Huff was safe later in the game... I think that was in the 8th...
    robbyras:
    yes, Posey was out at second... but, Cox decided to throw a needless strike to Ross...

and just to make the bad calls as second even, Huff was safe later in the game... I think that was in the 8th...
    With the game being on the West Coast, I just can't stay up and watch the entire game, did the umpires suck last night?? Btw...hats off to your boy last night, Linny was great, damn *** ;)
    the umps were fine... they made all the right calls except on the 2 SB's... Posey was called safe, but he was out (and he went on to score the only run, which was just a much Bobby Cox's fault... pitching to Ross there made absolutely no sense with Timmy on deck)... and Huff was safe but was called out... so the 2b ump (name is escaping me) had a rough night... otherwise it was all about the pitching... the atl pen is lights out... Venters and Kimbrel are unreal...
    I see, oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. Glad it's friday, I can stay up tonight and watch the game!
    Cain and Hanson... should be much of the same... screams 2-1 final...
    robbyras:

I agree with you, blown call but the Braves made some critical mistakes. Also, as much as I hate saying this, I still can't help but worry about the Giant's hitting...
    Nick2021:
    robbyras:

I agree with you, blown call but the Braves made some critical mistakes. Also, as much as I hate saying this, I still can't help but worry about the Giant's hitting...
    well, people have worried about their hitting all year... it's worked out so far... and the Braves aren't the Yankees... once you get past McCann, they have 5 hitters who really aren't any good...injuries have killed them... Ankiel looks like he is swinging a lead pipe up there and brooks conrad is not helping much either... Teh Braves are gonna have to win this series on the mound, which they could very well do... I'd take Cain over Hanson, but not by much... and Huddy starting at home, that's almost a gimme... my guess, it's 2-1 giants going in to game 4 on Monday... and call me captain obvious, but if ATL doesn't win the next 2, they're done... you can't go down 2-1 with another timmy start looming...
    I woke up early this morning and saw part of the Giants game...seems like when Cain left ATL caught up to the Giants...man I hope the giants can pull out of this one..in the 10th now..
    well... that was a gift... at least we have a series now
    robbyras:
    just goes to show "It ain't over, till it's over" ;)
    Krieg:
    robbyras:
    just goes to show "It ain't over, till it's over" ;)
    well... it's over when one teams decides to give it away
    man... tried to give it away again... no runners in scoring position and somehow we gave up 2 runs... I think we win in spite of Bochey...for having such a big head, he's kinda dumb... I feel kinda bad for Conrad, what a bad game... I might have to start selling Brooks Buckner t-shirts... and, i'll admit it, those pitches that Wilson was throwing were not strikes...it's amazing that this series is this close considering the Braves have had the lead less than a full inning...