Home Non Cigar Related

No Shave November!

acsamples79acsamples79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 66
Whats up guys, i just discovered there was such a thing as No Shave November.... You can look it up, but short and sweet, guys all over dont shave during the whole month of November in support of Testicular and Prostate Cancer awarness... i thought someone was messing with me, but its legit i looked it up... Just to let everyone know, DONT TOUCH THOSE RAZORS ;)

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I would love to take part in this, but I have to be clean shaven daily for work. I'll take part in it on my days off though!
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    Sounds good. I already have my winter beard in so I guess its time to go Mountain Man with it.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    If I asked to be excluded from shaving in the military they'd laugh me out the door :)
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    i'd love to do it, a few of my friends are doing it, but if i did it my boss would fire me.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I rarely shave as it is so no skin off my back...lol I'll just have to not trim the ol beard
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Work and a really bad looking beard keeps me from participating.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Im in - time to grow the winter beard in anyway! Are we going to post before & after pics at the end of the month?

• martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    sweet. i'm in. i haven't shaved for a few weeks anyway. i'll just keep it going.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I'm in until my job or my wife complains, whichever comes first. I usually don't shave much in Nov anyways cuz of deer hunting season. I'll try my best to make it till the end of the month. See how it goes....
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I am in but we will need to seek forgiveness from "The Beard" for entertaining the idea of of even attempting to ascribe to his greatness.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    ive been doing no shave till at least next yr. I usually have a beard but trim it. havent touched it since like mid to late sept.
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    I'm in! I've been working on growing out a Leonidas for almost 2 months now. I'll let it ride. I wonder how long it'll be before work tells me to trim it back?
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Up here they call it "Movember" and it's all about the solo stash. The guys on a local radio show called "The Mens Room" have found that the solo mustache draws a lot more attention and gives them the opportunity to spread the word about the cause more effectively. I haven't been able to bring myself to shave off my beard, but letting it grow sounds like fun :^)
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I've had a beer for a long time. However, a few months back I switched it up to a Fu Manchu. Already decided to let the fu get really bushy this month. Yee haw! BTW, they hold the Stache Bash here, in StL.
    Women with *** cancer get a pink ribbon. Men with testicular cancer grow beards! The Chuck Norris approach to cancer awareness.
    bump - How are those beards coming in fellas? Everyone past the "going to itch my face off if I dont shave this thing off!" phase? LOL How many people have fallen by the wayside since we started? How many are still hanging in there?

Ive had several people ask me why I was growing the beard out, and I have to admit it was pretty cool breaking it down for them. Perhaps someday November will be all bearded out for us boys like October is all pinked up for the ladies.

God willing, there will be a cure for all of this soon so it will all be a moot point.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Seems more reasonable to not shave the sack rather than the face. I mean if it were nose cancer awareness, maybe don't shave the face....Just sayin'

Fluffy

Beards
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Being military i cant get on with this one, but i will forego the manscaping for a month. Hairy Balls for Cancer Awarness.....catchy...
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    image Haven't shaved since 4th of July, I'll keep it going.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Jetmech_63:
    Being military i cant get on with this one, but i will forego the manscaping for a month. Hairy Balls for Cancer Awarness.....catchy...
    .. we'll have to trust you on that one Jet, We don't need a public display.
    I had to trim back my beard. I was chewing on my bottom lip so much that it started splitting and hurt like hell. I'm still rocking it though. I havn't been without my beard since I had to renew my license last. I think 3 years ago.
    JCizzle:
    image Haven't shaved since 4th of July, I'll keep it going.
    Pretty epic!
    Thanks! I had to trim up the stache, it was literally getting to hard to eat (food, not the stache).
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    JCizzle:
    Thanks! I had to trim up the stache, it was literally getting to hard to eat (food, not the stache).
    I once didn't shave or get a haircut for 6 months! The stache was the only part I had to trim, to keep it out of my food. I started with about an inch and a half of hair on day one, and by the end of the six months the hair was past my eyes. My face was skin close, but after 6 months I had about 5 or 6 inches of pure, awesome beard! This was all during my first deployment to Afghanistan back in '08.
    ejenne87:
    JCizzle:
    I once didn't shave or get a haircut for 6 months! The stache was the only part I had to trim, to keep it out of my food. I started with about an inch and a half of hair on day one, and by the end of the six months the hair was past my eyes. My face was skin close, but after 6 months I had about 5 or 6 inches of pure, awesome beard! This was all during my first deployment to Afghanistan back in '08.
    Nice! A couple of the guys out here have beards, but I must say mine is the best so far. My previous record is 9 months, but I hope to eclipse that while I'm here (for god knows how long).
    cabinetmaker:
    Seems more reasonable to not shave the sack rather than the face. I mean if it were nose cancer awareness, maybe don't shave the face....Just sayin'

Fluffy

Beards
    Stickin with the beard here boys - I simply CANNOT deal with a sascrotch! LOL

• tincup703tincup703 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    I haven't shaved since 1962, does that count me in?
    tincup703:
    I haven't shaved since 1962, does that count me in?
    Id say it probably counts you in the lead! LOL

• RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    Im going since Sept. havent touched the Stache yet either. Just a little trimming as i eat lol. been able to usually work around it though. not going till i loose my goal of 28lbs but even then only going to prob trim sides stache do kinda like an oapy look from SOA
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I just stopped shaving 12-1.