Home Cigar 101

Those with Cooladors

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    robbyras:
    i'm taking the plunge... just ordered my beads... the local target has the cooler I want so as soon as the beads arrive, I'll grab the cooler and get it going...
    depending on if I get the Humi I wanted for christmas I might be on this too.

• MephistoMephisto Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 508
    I'll get them right in the mail ;)
  • MephistoMephisto Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 508
    oops--hit the wrong button. @Psycho
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    robbyras:
    i'm taking the plunge... just ordered my beads...
    That's what she said. :-D
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    JCizzle:
    robbyras:
    i'm taking the plunge... just ordered my beads...
    That's what she said. :-D
    HA! that got a chuckle out of me...
    That's how I roll.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    I need one. but i want a small one. Boxes to go in it are Ruination #1, Diesel UC, CAO MX2, and Maybe MOW beli. I'm thinking this should work http://www.target.com/Igloo-Island-Breeze-Red-Quart/dp/B002VOQ5IE/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_3_title
    Why not just get a big one?
    JCizzle:
    Because I dont have the room, and I know I'll have an urge to fill it. Just saw this and think its pretty good, anyone have it? http://www.target.com/Coleman-24-Can-Party-Stacker-Blue/dp/B002BMCLMU/ref=sc_qi_detaillink
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    PsychoSJG:
    JCizzle:
    Because I dont have the room, and I know I'll have an urge to fill it. Just saw this and think its pretty good, anyone have it? http://www.target.com/Coleman-24-Can-Party-Stacker-Blue/dp/B002BMCLMU/ref=sc_qi_detaillink
    My philosophy is this...I already bought to humi's thinking each time they would be sufficient and was wrong....one of them cost me quite a bit of dough....so.......for me and my spending habbits or compulsion however you wanna label it, I now know that I need a walkin humi (long term) which I cannot afford at the present time or go big n bad with a cooler so I limit the amount of money I am going to spend before actually have a walkin put in because I know I will surely make use of such a large cooler and I would rather do it once then several times again like the humis...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Diamondog:
    PsychoSJG:
    JCizzle:
    My philosophy is this...I already bought to humi's thinking each time they would be sufficient and was wrong....one of them cost me quite a bit of dough....so.......for me and my spending habbits or compulsion however you wanna label it, I now know that I need a walkin humi which I cannot afford at the present time or go big n bad with a cooler so I limit the amount of money I am going to spend before actually have a walkin put in because I know I will surely make use of such a large cooler and I would rather do it once then several times again like the humis...
    so in a way you budget the same way i do:

If it doesnt fit in the humidor, you dont buy it...
    kuzi16:
    Diamondog:
    PsychoSJG:
    JCizzle:
    My philosophy is this...I already bought to humi's thinking each time they would be sufficient and was wrong....one of them cost me quite a bit of dough....so.......for me and my spending habbits or compulsion however you wanna label it, I now know that I need a walkin humi which I cannot afford at the present time or go big n bad with a cooler so I limit the amount of money I am going to spend before actually have a walkin put in because I know I will surely make use of such a large cooler and I would rather do it once then several times again like the humis...
    so in a way you budget the same way i do:

If it doesnt fit in the humidor, you dont buy it...
    Hell no....I have 7 boxes on the way and no home lol....I better go get that cooler soon! lol
    I completely agree. But I live in an apt. I really dont have room to place a decent sized cooler.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    PsychoSJG:
    I completely agree. But I live in an apt. I really dont have room to place a decent sized cooler.
    just dump of your coffee table, put the cooler in front of the couch. haha
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    Finally got it setup!!!! might end up switchin out for a slightly bigger one when the summer comes around and use this one for beverages...im finding this one is just a bit small for two boxes to fit side by side or a cedar tray sideways but it will do for now.. image Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    smokeater187:
    Finally got it setup!!!! might end up switchin out for a slightly bigger one when the summer comes around and use this one for beverages...im finding this one is just a bit small for two boxes to fit side by side or a cedar tray sideways but it will do for now.. Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    There are some tasty lookin sticks in there!
    My philosophy is: fill the storage I have, and buy more if needed. :-D
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I'm just curious, why do so many guys have glasses of water in their coolers? (I see this inwooden humis from time to time as well) It just seems too risky too me. I bump, and move my humidors around far too much, and would totally spill water all over everything. If your primary source of humidification isn't cutting it, then I would think getting a larger, or more efficient source (or just doing the obvious, and getting beads/more beads) would make more sense?

Also, I'm not talking about using a dish or glass of water when seasoning. I understand that/do that myself. I'm talking about fully seasoned, set-up coolers that people put a glass of water in?
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    docbp87:
    I'm just curious, why do so many guys have glasses of water in their coolers? (I see this inwooden humis from time to time as well) It just seems too risky too me. I bump, and move my humidors around far too much, and would totally spill water all over everything. If your primary source of humidification isn't cutting it, then I would think getting a larger, or more efficient source (or just doing the obvious, and getting beads/more beads) would make more sense?

Also, I'm not talking about using a dish or glass of water when seasoning. I understand that/do that myself. I'm talking about fully seasoned, set-up coolers that people put a glass of water in?
    I think some people recharge their beads using a glass or bottle of distilled water, but I don't know if it is in there the whole time. If there is any other reason for it, I'd like to know that as well
    I'll throw a small dish in for a day or 2 to recharge the beads, spraying them makes them crack easier...
    I'm definitely going to use the glass of water technique to recharge next time. Last time I wet my beads I overdid it and had to let them dry because the humidity was too high.
    JCizzle:
    I'm definitely going to use the glass of water technique to recharge next time. Last time I wet my beads I overdid it and had to let them dry because the humidity was too high.
    Just ordered my first coolerdor and 1lb of beads
    JCizzle:
    Use a hairdryer (if you have) on low heat next time for 5 or 10 min that will help...
    PsychoSJG:
    JCizzle:
    Just ordered my first coolerdor and 1lb of beads
    You won't be sorry.
  • tincup703tincup703 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    I was wondering if anyone ever tried an electronic humidifier in a coolidor? I've been thinking about setting up a coolidor and I have an electronic humidifier a friend of mine gave me when he quit smoking
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    I have never used one in my coolerdor, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Try it and just keep your eye on it for a while.
    I finally gave in and set one up... coleman 48 quart... still in the building phases, but I'll post some pics soon... wooo hooo!!!
    The stacker ones?
    nope... I went to KMART and found this one for 18 bucks... bigger and cheaper is hard to pass up...
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    tincup703:
    I was wondering if anyone ever tried an electronic humidifier in a coolidor? I've been thinking about setting up a coolidor and I have an electronic humidifier a friend of mine gave me when he quit smoking
    Yes I have a Cigar Oasis and a half pound of beads in my cooler.