Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    dbeckom:
    gaberox:
    dbeckom:
    gaberox:
    Called in to work today on a whim which I never do. So had some organic costa rican med roast coffee over ice with vanilla. Now having my 1st Kristoff the maduro toro. Was a little worried with it smelling like poop err I mean barnyard. Lovin it so far, a lttle poop in the aroma not so bad lol.

Some of the best cigars I've ever had smelled like dog poop when I removed the cello...kinda funny, to associate the aroma of dog crap with a good experience

Exactly what i was thinkin at 1st sniff. I Thought when people said barnyard it must be a hay type smell.

IMO the "barnyard" is more like a damp, earthy, organic aroma with a hint of livestock manure...the dog poop aroma is in a category all to itself. I'm not a great fan of Rocky Patel's cigars, but IMO most of his finest sticks have a strong aroma de poop!

Manure is a much better description of this Kristoff. Poop was my sad attempt at humor
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Plasencia reserva organica, nice morning smoke..
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    The Kid:
    Plasencia reserva organica, nice morning smoke..
    Those are good cigars!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Had about one inch of a nica libre. Will NOT be revisiting anytime soon.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Lakota72:
    Had about one inch of a nica libre. Will NOT be revisiting anytime soon.

Funny I thought they werent bad at all. Nothing great but not somthing I would toss after an in. This coming from somone who does not buy cheap bundles or super cheap budget smokes.

RCY sent me one and I really enjoyed it
    After my nica libre debacle, I had a kristoff Sumatra to see if my palate was jacked up. It was pretty damn good. I think that maybe I'm just not a fan off the nica.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Lakota72:
    After my nica libre debacle, I had a kristoff Sumatra to see if my palate was jacked up. It was pretty damn good. I think that maybe I'm just not a fan off the nica.
    You gotta revisit it. The first one I had was pretty rough, I had another not too long after and it was great. I've had a few more since and they've all been good too.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Lakota72:
    They have no consistency, some are delicious and some are horrible. I'm speaking not only from personal experience but for a while everyone on the board was weighing in with similar experiences. I've had so many bad ones that I'm reluctant to buy anymore, which stinks because the good ones are great.

This morning I had an H. Upmann, pretty tasty with coffee but the draw was a little tight.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    bigharpoon:
    Lakota72:
    They have no consistency, some are delicious and some are horrible. I'm speaking not only from personal experience but for a while everyone on the board was weighing in with similar experiences. I've had so many bad ones that I'm reluctant to buy anymore, which stinks because the good ones are great.

This morning I had an H. Upmann, pretty tasty with coffee but the draw was a little tight.
    I had a nica libre the other day and it was the best one I can remember, I too have found it inconsistent, same with the cuba libre, I wont even smoke those now. cuba libre "one" is still pretty good, I havent tried the brute
    601 Black Label Connecticut
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    bigharpoon:
    Lakota72:

Which H. Upmann did you have?

Perdomo Habano Connecticut
    Had a Camacho Maduro this morning. Never fails with a cup o joe. Morning has started off great and the kids are having fun fishing.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    RCY Cigars:
    bigharpoon:
    Lakota72:

Which H. Upmann did you have?

The standard Dominican one. The tight draw really surprised me, usually they are insanely consistent.
    RCY Cigars:
    Had a Camacho Maduro this morning. Never fails with a cup o joe. Morning has started off great and the kids are having fun fishing.
    How do the Maddies compare to the Corojo? I've had a couple Corojos and loved em!
    Might try mines for the first time. My B&M had some and I picked up two to try. Tight draw, my cigars feel like they are rolled pretty tight too. Hope I won't have any issues. Thanks...
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    How do the Maddies compare to the Corojo? I've had a couple Corojos and loved em!

Honestly, I like them both seeing I'm all over Camacho. But I would go with the Corojo just cause of the strength of them. Awesome....

RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:

Honestly, I like them both seeing I'm all over Camacho. But I would go with the Corojo just cause of the strength of them. Awesome....

I do love the strength of the Corojo...I see a box of em in my near future! I'll have to get my hands on a few of the Maduros. Thanks Rick
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    El Mejor Espresso. A little strong on A empty stomach. Next time I'll have breakfast first. A fine cigar though.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Cuban Legacy and coffee to start the day
    My first MOW Virtue
    dbeckom:
    My first MOW Virtue

That is a good morning smoke to have. Love them with coffee.
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    My first MOW Virtue

That was my only one...definitely gotta have more! I've also gotta get some G2's to try. I love a good Connie for breakfast!
    Had a CAO Brazillia on the way back in from an early morning deep sea fishing trip. Perfect choice.
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    My first MOW Virtue

That was my only one...definitely gotta have more! I've also gotta get some G2's to try. I love a good Connie for breakfast!
    Not a fan of the virtue but I really enjoyed the G2 for a morning smoke. Probably one of my favorites for a morning smoke.
    Lakota72:
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    My first MOW Virtue

Not a fan of the virtue but I really enjoyed the G2 for a morning smoke. Probably one of my favorites for a morning smoke.
    I have been wanting to grab a few when I place an order, but I always forget to
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    My Father, Le Bijou 1922, this afternoon.
    Perdomo 10th Anniversary Criollo…yummy!
    I'm sitting outside staring at the gulf of Mexico enjoying a NUB Cameroon. What a great vacation.
    Lakota72:
    I'm sitting outside staring at the gulf of Mexico enjoying a NUB Cameroon. What a great vacation.
    Sounds nice! Glad you're enjoying it brother.