Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    gaberox:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:
    Thanks to Snipers advice a Sherpa Cafe with my cup of joe. I might add a very enjoyable smoke!

I'm getting mixed reviews. Guess I'll have to try it myself with some coffee.
    It kind of reminded me of another Gurkha favorite of mine, a milder Regent. I drink my coffee black with no sweeteners or cream so I don't know how it would taste with a doctored up coffee

I normally do too, but lately due to Gaberox advice. I have been sipping the sugar, lol. No matter what though, I will get one in with good o cup o joe, lol....
    I like to switch it up also. Sometimes Ill just pour some good ol stiff black coffee over ice. Has to be something really rich and flavorfull like a sumatra blend. But not too dark of a roast like a french. No cigar for me yet today but gona have a 5 Vegas Miami while doing some yard work in a while.

Sounds good, I will be sending you a PM. Be on the look out.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    RCY Cigars:
    gaberox:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:
    Thanks to Snipers advice a Sherpa Cafe with my cup of joe. I might add a very enjoyable smoke!

It kind of reminded me of another Gurkha favorite of mine, a milder Regent. I drink my coffee black with no sweeteners or cream so I don't know how it would taste with a doctored up coffee

I normally do too, but lately due to Gaberox advice. I have been sipping the sugar, lol. No matter what though, I will get one in with good o cup o joe, lol....

I like to switch it up also. Sometimes Ill just pour some good ol stiff black coffee over ice. Has to be something really rich and flavorfull like a sumatra blend. But not too dark of a roast like a french. No cigar for me yet today but gona have a 5 Vegas Miami while doing some yard work in a while.

Sounds good, I will be sending you a PM. Be on the look out.

Cool...
    lilwing88:
    Camacho Coyolar Puro Perfecto #1.

Lilwing are those real smooth. I am a Camacho fan and I have yet to try those.
    kuzi16:
    geez guys... im not a big coffee fan but allt his coffee talk while smoking a nicaraguan cigar really makes me crave a cafe cubana (the non-alcoholic drink of choice on the nicaraguan trip i went on)

That sounds good too kuzi, you will have a PM to you too.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:
    geez guys... im not a big coffee fan but allt his coffee talk while smoking a nicaraguan cigar really makes me crave a cafe cubana (the non-alcoholic drink of choice on the nicaraguan trip i went on)

must be a long PM... that was 20 minutes ago...
    kuzi16:
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:

must be a long PM... that was 20 minutes ago...

Lol, PM sent. Got caught up, sorry.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    RCY Cigars:
    lilwing88:

It was a great smoke. Definitely worth trying.
    lilwing88:
    RCY Cigars:
    lilwing88:

It was a great smoke. Definitely worth trying.

Will do Lilwing, this morning I had my very first 5 Vegas Gold. Had it in the humidor since January. I am a little upset though. I only have one more left, lol. This was great Gaberox, with the ice coffee. I will try it with my regular coffee this weekend.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Box Pressed 5 Vegas Classic with my cup of mud
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Smoking my first Partagas Serie D 4. Loving it so far. First light was a tasty vanilla cream and cocoa with a hint of musk that reminded me of Kelner musk. Further into the first third is a slighty bitter twang (must be the Cuban twang everyone talks about).
    gaberox:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:

Never had that Miami yesterday. Had it today for breakfast along with yard work and... a whole bottle of champagne! Yes cigar, yard work and champagne for breakfast! Im drunk and ready to eat.
    gaberox:
    gaberox:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:

Never had that Miami yesterday. Had it today for breakfast along with yard work and... a whole bottle of champagne! Yes cigar, yard work and champagne for breakfast! Im drunk and ready to eat.

WT, never even thought of that.
    Yup I like to live life to fullest of the full lol.
    This morning, decided to go with the CCOM house blend Purple Label. Went very well with my coffee. Almost had two of them, was very tempting....
    Went with RYJ Reserva Real this morning with my cup o joe and two donuts. I know I'm going to have to run these donuts off later, lol....
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    Bahia blu, not bad at all, paired with DFAC Sweat Tea. 100+ degrees and overcast WTF?!?!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Park Ave. Maduro while walking the kids to the park. My first Park Ave Maduro. pretty solid stick for the price. some burn issues but it was 45 out side.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial. Nice, a little plain jane.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    ISOM Trinidad Reyes from SEP 09. Awesome. Vanilla bean, espresso, white chocolate, and citrus. Also tasted like goldfish for a bit. Like the little cheese crackers shaped like fish.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Man O' War Ruination. Still love this stick. However, the Armada and Puro Authentico I tried earlier today were plugged.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Opus X 4.. ..One of my younger Opus but it still delivered plenty of enjoyment. The burn was a little off though and I had to relight it three times. There was a chip and a crack under the cedar wrapper that may have been my fault. Plenty of strength, and a loose draw. I got a good hour plus of leather wood spice pepper and earth. I wanted more flavor out of it, strangely the aroma was better than the flavors provided, but still a good short smoke.
  • StogiesOnTheGreenStogiesOnTheGreen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Ccom Red Label and a Fat Tire
    docbp87:
    ISOM Trinidad Reyes from SEP 09. Awesome. Vanilla bean, espresso, white chocolate, and citrus. Also tasted like goldfish for a bit. Like the little cheese crackers shaped like fish.

Wow, little cheese crackers.....
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    RCY Cigars:
    docbp87:

Wow, little cheese crackers.....
    Bready flavors aren't unusual in cigars, but it was not just a bready flavor, it was GOLDFISH specifically. Which is a surprisingly similar flavor to pistachios.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    smoked a Gurkha Signature '101' Maduro. Great stick; had the requisite chocolate bar flavor and semi-sweetness until the last 3rd and then developed a complimentary spiciness on the sides and back of the palate making it grow in complexity as I smoked it.

It's a nice sunny day with a very cool breeze. 63-65 Degrees in Germany. May be 30 degrees tomorrow knowing this place, lol. Had a AVO classic after my bacon, eggs and grits with a cup o joe. The day has started off great.....
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    RCY Cigars:
    It's a nice sunny day with a very cool breeze. 63-65 Degrees in Germany. May be 30 degrees tomorrow knowing this place, lol. Had a AVO classic after my bacon, eggs and grits with a cup o joe. The day has started off great.....
    I'm planning on having the same thing in about 2 hours! AVO Classic and a cup of coffee!
    PuroFreak:
    RCY Cigars:
    I'm planning on having the same thing in about 2 hours! AVO Classic and a cup of coffee!

Sounds like a winner to me. Be honest on your take of it. It's one of my favorites. Everyone's palate is different though. And I know that. Enjoy Puro.....
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    bigharpoon:
    La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial. Nice, a little plain jane.

Smoked one of these last night... I had the same opinion. A very solid tasty smoke, but nothing particularly unique or interesting about it.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    A J Fernandez signature toro. Excellent at anytime of the day.