Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Make A Wish (read first post)

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Yeah, I love the 5 Vegas line so far. I have had all 4 of the "main" line, the A, Gold, Classic, and Miami. My favorite so far is the Miami, but I have really been wanting to give some of their limited run stuff a shot.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the A is my favorite. i like the Apex (toro) the best. this is also one of the few cigars that i feel does very well in a large ring. the Atomic ( 6 x60 ) is almost as good as the Apex.

the best thing they have put out (that i have had) are the limitada 06. i have two left. im holding onto them for a minute. i have a feeling they will have the same fate as the last of my Cask I's did:
    on the front porch with my Dad.
    Yeah, I like the A too, like I said, I dig all their sticks. Have you tried the Anomaly? I was pretty suprised at how good it is for such a small cigar.

I want to try all of the limitadas too, I can't find them (or any other 5 Vegas for that matter) at any of the B&M's around here.
    alienmisprint:
    Yeah, I like the A too, like I said, I dig all their sticks. Have you tried the Anomaly? I was pretty suprised at how good it is for such a small cigar.

I want to try all of the limitadas too, I can't find them (or any other 5 Vegas for that matter) at any of the B&M's around here.
    the abomaly is good to. 5 vegas reblends each size to make them taste as close as they can to each other. I still think it does best in the toro.

5 vegas, if im not mistaken, is almost entirely sold online. if you find them in a B&M you are one lucky man.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    First Anomaly I smoked was from a hole-in-the-wall B&M...They had obviously been there a while and had some of the most yellow of cellos I had ever seen. They were fantastic. Quite often I think about making a "business trip" to go up to that shop again.
    Since there have been no bites on the 5 Vegas...how about some Rocky Patel American Markets?
    bbc020:
    First Anomaly I smoked was from a hole-in-the-wall B&M...They had obviously been there a while and had some of the most yellow of cellos I had ever seen. They were fantastic. Quite often I think about making a "business trip" to go up to that shop again.
    this shop in ohio?
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    bbc020:
    this shop in ohio?
    Yeah, it's in Lancaster, OH. Kind of a bum wrap for these folks. They had a really nice place at one time, then the building caught on fire and destroyed much of what was once their shop. They have since moved and keep a pretty wide selection, but they do not have the most up-to-date way of displaying their goods...I found these anomaly's on the bottom shelf of a cabinet unit in a large zip-lock bag, it was under three other bags. They were a very reasonable price though.

Even through their hardships, they continue to be a license Opus dealer.
    Okay, how about any of these:

5 Vegas Limitada (any year)
    Gurkha Turk
    Verdadero
    Liga Privada
    Bolivar Cofradia
    Gurkha Rare Breed
    Chateau Real Connecticut
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    I wish I had some of those sticks on your list, sorry buddy.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    alienmisprint:

Gurkha Turk
    Verdadero
    Liga Privada
    Bolivar Cofradia
    Gurkha Rare Breed
    Chateau Real Connecticut
    hey alien, I have a box of the 5 vegas 08 coming, should be here tomorrow or thurs...
    kuzi16:
    the A is my favorite. i like the Apex (toro) the best. this is also one of the few cigars that i feel does very well in a large ring. the Atomic ( 6 x60 ) is almost as good as the Apex.

the best thing they have put out (that i have had) are the limitada 06. i have two left. im holding onto them for a minute. i have a feeling they will have the same fate as the last of my Cask I's did:
    on the front porch with my Dad.
    I have given the A's 3 trys and though I sort of dug the robusto size, I still am not a huge fan of them. Something about them. Though I like the rest of them I've tried. I had a sort of bad experiance with the limitada 08 but they owner of a little shop has had them for a bit and has been storing them. It was much better. I do want to try the 06 though.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    alienmisprint:

Gurkha Turk
    Verdadero
    Liga Privada
    Bolivar Cofradia
    Gurkha Rare Breed
    Chateau Real Connecticut

Squirrel, are you on this one for the 5 vegas? If not, I could provide the Bolivar and Rare Breed.
    Yup. you've got some rare breeds? hmmmm....
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219

I wish for CAO Americans, I have seen this cigar ad else where and would love to try this out, Thanks Robert  rjpol@gpcom.net

"Happiness is a long ash".

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Hey Robert, it's not that simple... read the first post.

"You can wish in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which gets filled first"
    dutyje:

"You can wish in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which gets filled first"
    what if your um... constipated?
    phobicsquirrel:
    dutyje:

what if your um... constipated?
    carpe opportunity
    Rob1110:
    alienmisprint:

Gurkha Turk
    Verdadero
    Liga Privada
    Bolivar Cofradia
    Gurkha Rare Breed
    Chateau Real Connecticut

Squirrel, are you on this one for the 5 vegas? If not, I could provide the Bolivar and Rare Breed.
    Yep, Phobic is granting my wish. Sorry it wasn't too clear before.
    Rob1110:
    alienmisprint:

Gurkha Turk
    Verdadero
    Liga Privada
    Bolivar Cofradia
    Gurkha Rare Breed
    Chateau Real Connecticut

How do you like the Cofradias? Are they comparable to the regular Bolivars? I am going to NC next week and plan on stopping at a B&M that I know has them, was gonna pick up a few. I guess what I'm asking is, should I get one or two singles, or one or two five-packs?
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I actually haven't even tried them yet. They look nice, but haven't cracked one open. I got the tubos.
    Alien.. where are you headed in NC?
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    dutyje:
    Alien.. where are you headed in NC?

Duty you have pm
    After Alien get's his package I'll post my wish... unless you all are okay with me wishing now? lmk.
    I'm fine with you wishing now, I think you have enough cred on the board here, lol. And I won't be home to get the package until like Wednesday.
    Okay so here are my desired smokes:

Cohiba Black
    Excalibur Dark Knight (Hoyo de Monterrey)
    Rocky Patel Decade
    Partagas Ltd. Res. Decadas '97
    Graycliff Double Espresso
    Graycliff Crystal
    5 Vegas Relic
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    Dang phoebs. You would wish for something that I don't have. I think all that I have from that list is a single RP decade so someone else will have to grant this wish and I'll wait for the next round.
    yeah I realize it's a long shot. I'll see if anyone bites, if not I'll update the list.
    Okay so how about
    olivia V maduro
    Pryme by Alec Bradley
    gurkha centurion
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut
    Nestor Miranda
    La Flor Dominicana Mysterio
    Nestor Reserve Maduro
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 207
    If you don't mind coronas, I can do Cohiba Black from the first list. Let me know.