Home Non Cigar Related

Video Game Thread

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I hear rumors that the Bungie team is splitting up and the Halo will be out on playstation3. Has anyone else heard about this?
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    My computer is being fixed atm, so I dusted off my xbox and started playing some of the games I have that have been languishing. I got sucked into Red Dead Redemption. It's pretty damn good I have to say. Entertaining as hell. As little as I play console games, this one will last me quite a while.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Russ55:
    My computer is being fixed atm, so I dusted off my xbox and started playing some of the games I have that have been languishing. I got sucked into Red Dead Redemption. It's pretty damn good I have to say. Entertaining as hell. As little as I play console games, this one will last me quite a while.
    That's an awesome game! Way better than GTA. However I didn't like La Noir.
    djbeenie:
    Russ55:
    That's an awesome game! Way better than GTA. However I didn't like La Noir.
    Yeah, I've got GTA4, and I'm having a hard time getting excited about it, or finishing it. It doesn't help that I only play it when my son isn't around. I'm not even sure I want to play RDR around him, and it seems toned down much more than the typical rockstar game.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I'm also finding it hard to get into GTA 4 - the driving sucks, TBH. Every car fishtails and has no traction; it's like the wheels are made of butter. But reading the GTA 4 forum comments, the 13 yr olds love how "realistic" it is - blah. It's not realistic, and it's not fun; Vice City and San Andreas were worlds better

Right now I'm getting into Team Fortress 2 again; the Degroot Keep/Medieval mode is a lot of fun, and I'm getting pretty decent with the Soldier.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    xmacro:
    I'm also finding it hard to get into GTA 4 - the driving sucks, TBH. Every car fishtails and has no traction; it's like the wheels are made of butter. But reading the GTA 4 forum comments, the 13 yr olds love how "realistic" it is - blah. It's not realistic, and it's not fun; Vice City and San Andreas were worlds better

Right now I'm getting into Team Fortress 2 again; the Degroot Keep/Medieval mode is a lot of fun, and I'm getting pretty decent with the Soldier.

I loved gta for the computer back in the day. I liked vice city as well. Though the others have just lost their fun. 4 just sucked. cool story but the game lacked so much fun. now thankfully for fun and zanyness there's saints row, which I'm happy to see 3 coming out later this year.
    New Video Gameplay for Elder Scrolls V. Yes! They changed the lvling engine so not all monsters lvl with you. It will have zone like any other RPG. I think they are finally getting it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU&feature=player_embedded
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    djbeenie:
    New Video Gameplay for Elder Scrolls V. Yes! They changed the lvling engine so not all monsters lvl with you. It will have zone like any other RPG. I think they are finally getting it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU&feature=player_embedded

NICE! I'm ~30hrs into Oblivion and I'm already frustrated with the levelling thing. Going to put it down for a bit and take advantage of the free PS3 "Welcome Back" games.

So far Infamous is much more gratifying :P
    doromath:
    djbeenie:

NICE! I'm ~30hrs into Oblivion and I'm already frustrated with the levelling thing. Going to put it down for a bit and take advantage of the free PS3 "Welcome Back" games.

Yeah I cant stand the leveling piece in Oblivion. It's a long game and it gets repetitive near the end with the towers. I am hoping this is going to blow all others away.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    djbeenie:
    doromath:
    djbeenie:

Yeah I cant stand the leveling piece in Oblivion. It's a long game and it gets repetitive near the end with the towers. I am hoping this is going to blow all others away.
    Man I owned that game!!!! After I joined the black hand and got that one ninja looking sword I owned everything!
    Oh and I made this cloak of invisibility so I could just run up to enemies and stealth kill.

I put so many hours into that game... good times, good times.

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I have download from Steam but have not played yet, but am chomping at the bit to play
    Witcher 2
    Portal 2
    And I think FDP for me of Duke Nukem Forever (Hail to the King Baby) 11 years is long enough to wait.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Portal 2 is a lot of fun; great successor to Portal. I've been meaning to finish the co-op mode; only got to lvl 3 or something, and I think there's 8 total
    xmacro:
    Portal 2 is a lot of fun; great successor to Portal
    +1 love both those games...

I loaded up Fallout 2 the other day, which for those of you who have never played it, should go get a copy (not from steam) and experience it. It just might be the best RPG ever made. No joke. Anyway, I installed the Restoration patch, and it's excellent. I've been playing the crap out of it lately. Great, great game.
    Russ55:
    I loaded up Fallout 2 the other day, which for those of you who have never played it, should go get a copy (not from steam) and experience it. It just might be the best RPG ever made. No joke. Anyway, I installed the Restoration patch, and it's excellent. I've been playing the crap out of it lately. Great, great game.
    Fallout 2 was great! But wait till you play Fallout 3 New Vegas.
  • GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Don't play it in front of your son when you're in Mexico. One cutscene in particular you walk in on a guy doin' a lady on a table with her fun bags bouncing around. Just a heads up haha
    Gentleman:
    Don't play it in front of your son when you're in Mexico. One cutscene in particular you walk in on a guy doin' a lady on a table with her fun bags bouncing around. Just a heads up haha
    What Game is this?

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    stephen_hannibal:
    Gentleman:
    What Game is this?

Red Dead Redemption
    robbyras:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Gentleman:
    What Game is this?

Red Dead Redemption
    How did I miss that?

• smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    stephen_hannibal:
    robbyras:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Gentleman:
    What Game is this?

Red Dead Redemption
    How did I miss that?

Yeah I must of missed that too!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:
    robbyras:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Gentleman:
    What Game is this?

Red Dead Redemption
    How did I miss that?

You didn't miss much, they weren't that good looking.
    sightunseen:
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:
    robbyras:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Gentleman:
    What Game is this?

Red Dead Redemption
    How did I miss that?

You didn't miss much, they weren't that good looking.
    Are you kidding!? haha I loved Red-Dead! Much better than the GTA series! :)
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Just watched the new MW3 Call Of Duty commercial.... Loved it.. Also loved AC/DC playin Shoot to Thrill in background..Man I love Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzaxlddWbk
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    I didn't know this thread existed till the bump from The Kid....wish I was playing MW3 and Battlefield 3 now, but gonna save them for my oldest son for Xmas gifts....then I get to mooch some gametime from him ;-).
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Assasins creed revelations on the doorstep when I got home today!

Dear Amazon,

I love you.
  • TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    Games im looking forward to: GTA-V SWTOR The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    well I have beat black ops,battlefield 3 and gears of war 3 I just got them about a month ago. been going back to unlock more things but I want to play skyrim and MW3 now
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Let's revive this thread. Anyone else into competitive online gaming? I'm currently playing MW3, and every now and then Mortal Kombat. PSN: KingDANIMAL
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    This may sound lame but I have corrupted the kids in my youth group with the Atari 2600. I still have my original from the 80's and a lot of cartridges. They love it and it has been a blast having a whole new generation to play classic games with.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    MW3 on X Box. Halfway through 7th prestige.
    Blackhorse2010