Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard brother ...
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    Hello group. My name is Kris and I'm a cigaraholic. I have been smoking cigars about 6 years now. My wife got me a humidor for my birthday and I have been toying around with them ever since. I just recently upgraded to a 300 count humidor, with a cigar oasis xl plus. For the first time I am buying cigars to age, and not just picking up one at the local b&m. It's been about 6 hours since my last cigar, and I can still taste the wonderfulness of my last smoke. The hardest part about being a cigaraholic is, I don't ever want to quit. I am 33, happily married, 2 kids, and I live in texas. oh yeah and I'm a smarta55
  • PederPeder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    Welcome Kris, thanks for letting us know that you're a smarta55...now we're prepared. Sandman- I love your signature. I wish I could go back in time and smoke a cigar with Mark Twain. He would have been such a character to know. Ejenne87- You're a true renaissance man.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Hello new peeps...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Welcome to the end of any free time you may possibly have........ Glad to see more BOTLs joining the fun.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Peder:
    Welcome Kris, thanks for letting us know that you're a smarta55...now we're prepared. Sandman- I love your signature. I wish I could go back in time and smoke a cigar with Mark Twain. He would have been such a character to know. Ejenne87- You're a true renaissance man.
    I agree he always had a way with words & seemed like a no non-sense kind of guy. Welcome Letsgo.
  • michaelharveymichaelharvey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 201

New to the site.  About to light up a Kuba Kuba.....I've never had an ACID cigar before.  Love the Site,  my shipments get here fast considering they are traveling half way around the world.  Well hope all is well......about to light up and enjoy.

michaelharvey:

New to the site.  About to light up a Kuba Kuba.....I've never had an ACID cigar before.  Love the Site,  my shipments get here fast considering they are traveling half way around the world.  Well hope all is well......about to light up and enjoy.

Welcome to the forum, Mike. ACIDs are pretty iffy smokes. You either love 'em or hate 'em. I like the KUBA KUBA, myself. I like the Crush classics for a quick smoke.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    lilwing88:
    michaelharvey:

Welcome to the forum, Mike. ACIDs are pretty iffy smokes. You either love 'em or hate 'em. I like the KUBA KUBA, myself. I like the Crush classics for a quick smoke.
    Yeah, some guys will give you a hard tme for smoking flavored cigars, but they are just trying to push you into the good stuff! :) ACID's got me back into smoking, so I have fond memories. Now I can't stand them, lol.

Welcome!
    Well thank you for the heads up....although i just bought the weekned blitz...so i hope i like them, if not well i suppose someone will...so ill share the wealth.
    Welcome and good luck with that 1 that looks like a triangle.
    Just finished smoking my Kuba and while its was an over all good cigar...i thought the tobacco took a back seat to the flavor,  but it was still enjoyable.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Welcome ! New people every day... Thats good to see
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    michaelharvey:

Welcome everyone!!

Hey mike, where in the world are you? If I may be so bold.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Welcome to you both Michaelharvey and Kris, nice to have you guys here . I like an occasional Drew Estates cigars. Especially the Natural Line.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard new guys
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Hello, welcome to all new members this week!
    michaelharvey:

Welcome everyone!!

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

"If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go" Mark Twain

Currently Iraq...
    michaelharvey:
    nightmaremike31:
    michaelharvey:

Welcome everyone!!

Currently Iraq...
    Cleaned that up a little bit...

Well damn, its good to see you're getting your sticks still.

Are you serving over in the land of sand?
    michaelharvey:
    nightmaremike31:
    michaelharvey:

Welcome everyone!!

Currently Iraq...
    Cleaned that up a little bit...

Well damn, its good to see you're getting your sticks still.

Are you serving over in the land of sand?
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

"If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go" Mark Twain

Sure am...USAF...im coming up on the end of my third tour. 
    michael harvey, we're proud of you here. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for brothers and sisters like you. Thank you
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Welcome Evvvvvryone!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Welcome everyone.
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    I guess I missed this thread a couple months ago... Morning everyone. My name is Stephen and I'm a cigar addict. I've been sober from cigars for about eight hours since I went to bed last night. I'm about to fall off the wagon again once my coffee is done brewing, and I figure a nice AB Tempus is in order. I've been smoking cigars for about 18 years and hope to contribute where I can.
    SaVas:
    I guess I missed this thread a couple months ago... Morning everyone. My name is Stephen and I'm a cigar addict. I've been sober from cigars for about eight hours since I went to bed last night. I'm about to fall off the wagon again once my coffee is done brewing, and I figure a nice AB Tempus is in order. I've been smoking cigars for about 18 years and hope to contribute where I can.
    Welcome, brother.
    Welcome SaVas! ah coffee and cigars yumm.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I wanted to introduce myself to the board. I've been buying from cigar.com for the last year, but I just found out about the board a couple days ago. I'm impressed so far! A lot of knowledge, and a lot of good questions. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

A little pearl (jam) of wisdom: Kitty Litter made of Silica Gel costs roughly $10 for a huge 8 lb container. This works just as well as beads that cost significantly more money!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Welcome to the forums!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Yo... sup new blood?
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Hey everyone I would like to formally introduce myself! I'm from illinois obviously, and I go to SIUC.. I have become very engaged in reading these forums and it seems like everyone here is very personable and acts as a big family! I think thats really cool and I am really looking forward to getting to know you guys better!