Comments

• JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    Jdorais:
    j0z3r:
    Jdorais:
    j0z3r:
    Oh, and your movie is Phantasm.
    Yes that's it! PM your address.
    Pm sent. I'll try and get a question up by tomorrow...might have to go watch a movie to think up a question.
    PM waiting
    On it's way UPS 1ZR3795V0361108702 should be there wed 04/01
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    Rob1110:
    Sorry, forgot to tell you about that one. That's a hand rolled cigar from a local shop up my way. That's their newest wrapper - an oscuro. So far, everyone that's tried them on here has loved them. It's fairly fresh, so go for it soon. Those tend to be better when fresh rather than aged.
    Rob, Tried the one from you local tonight. Good stuff. That thing burned forever. After about 50 mins it was barely past the halfway mark and I had to sit it down. It started to get chilly otherwise I'd have probably gotten another 20-30 mins with it.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    bbc020:
    Ok, so I don't watch too many movies and struggled with this, but thought it would be nice to bring up a movie I watched during a high school french class. It was released in 1954 and was written in French. It was based on a drama with the same name that was written in 1944. I'm looking for the original name of this movie, not one of the later translated titles.

I'll give a bonus if you can come up with the infamous idea/tagline that the original author of the drama used to sum up this work. It can be in english or french.

This one is still to be had guys. A first hint: The original author of the drama was known as a philosopher. This was considered by some to be his best work.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Glad you enjoyed that hand rolled brc. They're great cigars and the general opinion on them seems to be really good. The guy that owns the shop is having the website re-vamped right now and will be selling only the hand rolled cigars through their site, with a cam on the guys rolling and an option to write in requesting a custom blend/shape/size.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    brc81:
    Jdorais:
    brc81:
    Jdorais, I'm still waiting for you to PM me your address....

PM in your box
    Heads up! DC#03060320000303713364
    Got it today and can't wait to dig into it.
    bbc020:
    bbc020:
    Ok, so I don't watch too many movies and struggled with this, but thought it would be nice to bring up a movie I watched during a high school french class. It was released in 1954 and was written in French. It was based on a drama with the same name that was written in 1944. I'm looking for the original name of this movie, not one of the later translated titles.

I'll give a bonus if you can come up with the infamous idea/tagline that the original author of the drama used to sum up this work. It can be in english or french.

This one is still to be had guys. A first hint: The original author of the drama was known as a philosopher. This was considered by some to be his best work.
    Hint #2: There are three main characters and it is set in what is later found out to be Hell (or at least an interpretation of it)
    Seriously folks....with a google search I could get this in a heartbeat
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    bbc020:
    Okay bbc.. In Jean -Paul Jartes' work " Huis Clos" Three people are forced to live in a small room after their deaths. The man who loves himself, a L3zbian, and a nymphomaniac. They realize that "hell is other people " and remain slaves to their own passions.

French class ?? Nice the filters won't allow me to use a certain word..
    kaspera79:
    bbc020:
    Okay bbc.. In Jean -Paul Jartes' work " Huis Clos" Three people are forced to live in a small room after their deaths. The man who loves himself, a L3zbian, and a nymphomaniac. They realize that "hell is other people " and remain slaves to their own passions.

French class ?? Nice the filters won't allow me to use a certain word..
    Ah...perfect! Not only did you get the original name of the work, but also "l'enfers, c'est les autres" I didn't much get the whole thing in french during high school, but after seeing the movie, I began to understand the whole existentialist idea Sartre paints.

Kas, pm me your addy and I'll get some sticks out to you.
    Okay bbc, will do. merci beaucoup... And, I'll get a question up after a little thought.
    Next question. If you watch this movie, a horror/ thriller, I am in it. Not a speaking role, but in a scene where there is an accident. I am in a crowd scene just before the tragic moment. Several scenes were filmed in the Chicago area. Based on a novel by the same name.
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Shaquille O'Neal??
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    kaspera79:
    Next question. If you watch this movie, a horror/ thriller, I am in it. Not a speaking role, but in a scene where there is an accident. I am in a crowd scene just before the tragic moment. Several scenes were filmed in the Chicago area. Based on a novel by the same name.
    Dang Kas. This is all you're giving us to go on?
    rdnstn:
    kaspera79:
    Dang Kas. This is all you're giving us to go on?
    Okay, released in the late 70's ( I was pretty young then ), last scene was a qualiy kill.
    Several actors that were in this movie are Chicago natives Dennis Franz, Daryl Hannah, and Jim Belushi.
    Well, I know what it is but I think that I'm going to give someone else a chance. If there are no other guesses or someone doesn't get it, then I'll take it.
  • agctribefanagctribefan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    Well I haven't answered one in a while. The Fury.
    agctribefan:
    Thanks for getting this one over with.. Yes it was the Fury.. A friends father was a producer of that film, and we would go to the sets... And the directors would gather a bunch of us for different scenes.. The amusement park, the beach, people in the park " guys walking down the street", I met Jim Belushi, Amy Irving, and Brian De Palma. no pay but fun to see how movies are made. Send me your information and I will get something to you.. Any Preferences ?
    kaspera79:
    agctribefan:
    Thanks for getting this one over with.. Yes it was the Fury.. A friends father was a producer of that film, and we would go to the sets... And the directors would gather a bunch of us for different scenes.. The amusement park, the beach, people in the park " guys walking down the street", I met Jim Belushi, Amy Irving, and Brian De Palma. no pay but fun to see how movies are made. Send me your information and I will get something to you.. Any Preferences ?
    Great Message sent. I will come up with a movie a little later.
    Ok didn't take me long to come up with another movie. In my 8th grade social studies class I watched a movie about a WWII nazi death camp. This movie was originally made for TV and won a couple golden globe awards. The movie is based on factual events that happened there and the name of the camp is in the movie title. I graduated high school in 1998 and was never held back to give you a hint at the general time frame of when the movie came out.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    agctribefan:
    Ok didn't take me long to come up with another movie. In my 8th grade social studies class I watched a movie about a WWII nazi death camp. This movie was originally made for TV and won a couple golden globe awards. The movie is based on factual events that happened there and the name of the camp is in the movie title. I graduated high school in 1998 and was never held back to give you a hint at the general time frame of when the movie came out.

glad to see ya surface 'tribefan ...hows the Indians season look to ya ?
  • thebody52thebody52 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    agctribefan:

Escape from Sobibor? with Rutger Hauer?
    Glad to see you participating body, but I think this is like the other games threads and you have to be vouched for as a good trader or have a minimum post count. The squirrel started this game, maybe he can clarify.
    gmill880:
    agctribefan:

glad to see ya surface 'tribefan ...hows the Indians season look to ya ?
    Ouch that hurts! Oh no we suck again!
    thebody52:
    agctribefan:

That is it. Great movie. Since you are new, according to the rules you have to ask your question first and send your part out to whoever gets your question, then I will send mine out. Is that ok with everyone?
    agctribefan:
    thebody52:
    agctribefan:

That is it. Great movie. Since you are new, according to the rules you have to ask your question first and send your part out to whoever gets your question, then I will send mine out. Is that ok with everyone?

Forgot about the rules... just so I'm clear, it isn't like the pay it forward where it's super premium, right? Solid sticks are good like CAO, 5 Vegas, etc.? 3 sticks to a mailing?
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    thebody52:
    agctribefan:
    thebody52:
    agctribefan:

Forgot about the rules... just so I'm clear, it isn't like the pay it forward where it's super premium, right? Solid sticks are good like CAO, 5 Vegas, etc.? 3 sticks to a mailing?

None of the games are supposed to be super-premium - guys just add those out of the goodness of their hearts and because they want to and there are some very very generous BOTL here..--these games are not designed to crush someones budget....just an oppurtunity to try new sticks and maybe stuff you can't get in your own area...and have some fun as well....the premiums are appreciated but not required....Gene
    gmill880:
    thebody52:
    agctribefan:
    thebody52:
    agctribefan:

None of the games are supposed to be super-premium - guys just add those out of the goodness of their hearts and because they want to and there are some very very generous BOTL here..--these games are not designed to crush someones budget....just an oppurtunity to try new sticks and maybe stuff you can't get in your own area...and have some fun as well....the premiums are appreciated but not required....Gene

Excellent.  I've gotta jet to bowling but I'll have a movie clue up when I get back around 10.
    Lets give this clue thing a shot...two parter... name the movie...

This movie features an ensemble cast of say 4 Oscar winners and 2 other Oscar nominees.  One of the actors specifically was nominated as Best Supporting Actor during the Oscar season for this film. The movie by some could be considered a retelling of Death of a Salesman...

Second Part...

In order, what are the prizes being awarded during the contest?

If my clues are awful, let me know and i'll give more.