Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    though it doesn't really fit the 2003 date... eh, good one ron I'm really stumped.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Got it, Desperado with Antonio Banderas, Selma Hayek, the director is Robert Rodriguez and the comedian is Cheech Marin. The other famous actors are Steve Bucsemi, Danny Trejo, and one of my favorite directors, Quentin Tarantino.
    son-of-a... damn. I think you did get it.. Although the hint was a little off, desperado wasn't really a sequel, more of a re-make...
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    Garen, you got it brother. And although they are very close, and it could be taken as a remake, it isn't because if you have seen El Mariachi, there are a couple references in Desperado that make it a different time. That is why he was looking for El Bucho in Desperado, because of events related to the first film. I was really surprised at how much the group had worked together though. When I was looking for some good clues that wouldn't give it away, I found that Rodriguez, Banderas, and Hayek had all worked together on a previous film and then many of them worked together later like Banderas, Trejo and Marin were in the Spy Kids movies which I didn't even realize were by Rodriguez. Trejo was also in from Dusk til Dawn which include Tarantino as did Planet Terror and Grindhouse from the two. Then for those that didn't know, the third film was Once Upon a Time in Mexico that added, Johnny Depp, Willem Dafoe and Eva Mendes. ANyway, good job Garen, PM me your addy and I will send a package your way.
    true. I didn't know that about the three working together previously... You had a good one going though.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    Yeah, it's one of my faves. Of course even if it wasn't for the gratuitous violence, there is always the part where Salma Hayek gets naked.
    I'm swamped right now with work to do, I'll have a hint up tonight. Need some time to google proof everything.
    rdnstn:
    Yeah, it's one of my faves. Of course even if it wasn't for the gratuitous violence, there is always the part where Salma Hayek gets naked.
    yeah that was a big plus!
    Sorry for the delay, this movie was made in the early 2000's, and features numerous homages to older japanese films.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Jeez man, already? Yes it is Kill Bill and here are a few other bits of trivia I was going to use for clues:

Biggest shocker: This is the first Tarantino movie that uses less than 100 f-bombs, it only has 17
    They spent 65 grand on swords.
    It has a body count of 95
    In the scene where the crazy schoolgirl throws her ball and chain weapon off screen, she actually hit Tarantino on the head while he was standing near one of the cameras

Shoot me your addy, I'll get your sticks out ASAP.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Garen B:
    Jeez man, already? Yes it is Kill Bill and here are a few other bits of trivia I was going to use for clues:

Biggest shocker: This is the first Tarantino movie that uses less than 100 f-bombs, it only has 17
    They spent 65 grand on swords.
    It has a body count of 95
    In the scene where the crazy schoolgirl throws her ball and chain weapon off screen, she actually hit Tarantino on the head while he was standing near one of the cameras

Shoot me your addy, I'll get your sticks out ASAP.

Good guess Tony ...
    Damn, that was kind of a shot in the dark too. Info sent, I'll get a question up momentarily.
    Okay, this movie was released in 2001. It revolves around an insane homeless person who used to be a musician.
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    The only thing I can come up with is The Soloist, but that didn't release until this year.
    Nope, this one was in 2001. The main character finds a dead kid in a tree in the park he lives in and tries to solve the mystery of who killed him.
    I know exactly what movie that was from, but since I just won one, I'm going to keep my mouth shut.
    What did you think of it? I love the flick, very visual, and the lead actor did an outstanding job.
    I did like it, you are spot on about the actor. Been a while since I have seen it, probably going to have to rent it sometime soon and rewatch it.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I too know the movie, haven't seen it yet... Gonna' rent it this weekend.
    Ok, next hint:

The lead character has a very unusual name, but has a more conventional, neanderthal-ish nickname.
    I think I got it: The Caveman's Valentine
    Thats it, I figured the neanderthal would give it away. I still have your addy, I'll get some sticks out to you tomorrow. Anything you want to try?
    alienmisprint:
    Thats it, I figured the neanderthal would give it away. I still have your addy, I'll get some sticks out to you tomorrow. Anything you want to try?
    Nothing in particular that I can think of....surprise me. I'll get my question up either later tonight or early tomorrow. I need some time to think of a good one.
    In this movie an escaped convict helps a small group of people survive an attack from large bat-like reptiles.
    Well, when I first started reading that sentence, I was going to say Cool Hand Luke, but I'm pretty sure I don't remember Paul Newman fighting LizardBats.
    This 2000 movie has a sequel that released in 2004.
    One of the people in the group thought to be a boy is found out to be a girl when she start her period, which attracts the large bat-like reptiles.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Oh, Pitch Black staring Vin Diesel, released in 200. And Rhiana Griffith was the bleeder, who played Jack/Jackie.
    betasynn:
    Oh, Pitch Black staring Vin Diesel, released in 200. And Rhiana Griffith was the bleeder, who played Jack/Jackie.
    You got it. Send me your info and any preferences and I'll get something out to you.