thehilk:
    thehilk:
    Clue#1: independent film
    Clue #2: movie about heroin addicts
    freaky friday???{the new one...lol...)
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    Martel:
    Trainspotting
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. My favorite movie of all time! Send me the addy!
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    thehilk:
    Martel:
    Trainspotting

I had a print of the dirtiest toilet in scotland on my dorm wall in college. Right next to Eastwood with a cigarillo and Nighthawks at the Diner. I have to think now...
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Martel:
    thehilk:
    Martel:
    Trainspotting

I had a print of the dirtiest toilet in scotland on my dorm wall in college. Right next to Eastwood with a cigarillo and Nighthawks at the Diner. I have to think now...
    Love the part when they get of the bus in the middle of nowhere,and spud says why do we have to take a walk,we are not the ones your mad at,,,
    Alright, here we go. This is going to get complicated. My answer is only looking for one film, however, I'm going to tell you about two others to ask my question.

The first film is the second sequel to one of my favorite unconventional Christmas movies.

The second film is a great thriller starring two of my favorite actors.

The film I'm looking for was released the same year as both of the films above and all three have music on their soundtracks from one of my favorite jazz musicians/composers. This film also stars one of my favorite actors but in a role he's not remembered for.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Wow. One guess. I guess I'm too obscure with my clues. Trying to prevent google assist. Clue 2:

These movies all came out the year I graduated high school.
  • scooter mcgeescooter mcgee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 322
    Santa Clause 2 ?
    Martel:
    Wow. One guess. I guess I'm too obscure with my clues. Trying to prevent google assist. Clue 2:

There were a lot of great movies that came out around that time, as I think back to it. Maybe we all fondly remember our HS and college years, but I think it's more than that. Movies now tend to be awful. Some are enjoyable, but they're enjoyable crap.

Rant over. Clue 3: The Jazzman in question from hint 1 is Thelonious Monk.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Martel:
    Martel:

There were a lot of great movies that came out around that time, as I think back to it. Maybe we all fondly remember our HS and college years, but I think it's more than that. Movies now tend to be awful. Some are enjoyable, but they're enjoyable crap.

Wow I cheated was hard to find,but awesome question.
    twistedstem:
    Martel:
    Martel:

It's hard to get around google. I'm curious if you got it and how...I take it you don't want to play and that's fine, so shoot me a PM.

But for the rest of you, Clue 4: The film co-stars a classic 80's female film icon, someone everyone knows, but only for one 80's film, really. She's done a lot, but will always be remembered for one role in particular.
    Martel:
    twistedstem:
    Martel:
    Martel:

It's hard to get around google. I'm curious if you got it and how...I take it you don't want to play and that's fine, so shoot me a PM.

But for the rest of you, Clue 4: The film co-stars a classic 80's female film icon, someone everyone knows, but only for one 80's film, really. She's done a lot, but will always be remembered for one role in particular.
    Okay, google and IMDB with some process of elimination would get it with this clue (#5) combined with the others. Monika Lewinsky would be proud of the title of the film.

My next clue will name one or both of the other films mentioned in the first post.
    Hilk sent my winnings and they were received today. Much appreciated, brother. The only Cinco Pasture (wait, how do you pronounce those properly?) I've tried is the cask strength, but I've wanted to try some of the other blends for a while now. The Graycliff is a smoke I enjoyed but wanted to age one so now I have that opportunity. The Ave Maria I liked a lot, and now I get to try the box press, which I usually like. I've only had one Torano, the fortress, but like Dominican blends a lot, so look forward to this. If it weren't pouring rain, I might light this right now, but afraid the CT wrapper would split. And I know Gurkha's get a bum rap, but they make good flavored blends, if they hold together. Which blend is the other one? There's too many of the darned things for me to go looking and it only says Gurkha on it...

Well above and beyond the terms of the game. Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

photo IMAG0375_zps26e8626c.jpg
    Martel:
    Alright, here we go. This is going to get complicated. My answer is only looking for one film, however, I'm going to tell you about two others to ask my question.

The first film is the second sequel to one of my favorite unconventional Christmas movies.

The film I'm looking for was released the same year as both of the films above and all three have music on their soundtracks from one of my favorite jazz musicians/composers. This film also stars one of my favorite actors but in a role he's not remembered for.

The first film is a Die Hard Movie-and it stars Samuel L. Jackson, one of my favorite actors to ever get eaten by a shark and wield a lightsaber.

The second film is Se7en. It stars Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey-who is Keyser Soze.

The film I'm looking for, to recap, came out in the same year as these and also stars one of my favorite actors. All three have tracks by Thelonious Monk, and this film has something related to Monica Lewinsky-probably what Hilary called her-as the title.
    Martel:
    Martel:

The first film is a Die Hard Movie-and it stars Samuel L. Jackson, one of my favorite actors to ever get eaten by a shark and wield a lightsaber.

The second film is Se7en. It stars Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey-who is Keyser Soze.

The film I'm looking for, to recap, came out in the same year as these and also stars one of my favorite actors. All three have tracks by Thelonious Monk, and this film has something related to Monica Lewinsky-probably what Hilary called her-as the title.
    bumpity, bumpity

Is this lost in the Christmas bombing shuffle?

The movie is a neo-noir film starring Denzel.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I had to google it, good movie
    Neo-noir film starring Denzel that came out in the same year as Die Hard 3 and Se7en (1995) that in some backhanded way references Monica Lewinsky and has a track by Thelonious Monk in it.

Think about an infamous article of clothing.
    Martel:
    Neo-noir film starring Denzel that came out in the same year as Die Hard 3 and Se7en (1995) that in some backhanded way references Monica Lewinsky and has a track by Thelonious Monk in it.

Think about an infamous article of clothing.
    "The Devil," you say, I'm not giving you any more hints!
    bumpity
    Final hint...use google. I'll wait until tomorrow, answer the thing myself. Bomb myself. And pick a new movie at that point.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Martel:
    Final hint...use google. I'll wait until tomorrow, answer the thing myself. Bomb myself. And pick a new movie at that point.
    Thats pretty much the only way I would get it! LOL, I've been following this from the start and still don't have a clue!
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    onestrangeone:
    Martel:
    Thats pretty much the only way I would get it! LOL, I've been following this from the start and still don't have a clue!
    lol I googled it a week ago.
    Devil in a Blue Dress

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Let me bomb myself.

Okay, next question. I'll make it easier. In 2000, the movie High Fidelity was released. In that movie, Rob (John Cusack) makes "Top 5" lists for everything. A theater trade magazine called NATO News (National Association of Theater Owners-magazine later changed its title to In Focus) requested members and theater managers to send in their top five favorite movies. They published the first two lists to arrive, including mine. Name three of the five movies on that list (just one or two would be too easy).
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Okay, so off the top of my head:

The Godfather
    Citizen Kane
    Casablanca
    Gone With The Wind
    The Warriors

I would have never got the Devil in a Blue Dress without Google and I'm a firm believer this game should be Google-Proof. Happy New Year!
    bigharpoon:
    Okay, so off the top of my head:

The Godfather
    Citizen Kane
    Casablanca
    Gone With The Wind
    The Warriors

I would have never got the Devil in a Blue Dress without Google and I'm a firm believer this game should be Google-Proof. Happy New Year!
    Hmmmm
    Here's what I'll say about this list...GWTW is the most interminably long and boring movie ever made, but its score is a masterpiece of film music. Not enough to make the list. Kane is overrated; I prefer Touch of Evil in some ways even though Heston can't play a Mexican. There is a "cult" type of film on the list, but it's not the warriors. Okay, I've commented on three. At least one of the other two isn't on the list, either. Maybe one is, maybe not. But I like your thinking.

It's fine to make a list of five, but remember you only need three right!
    Martel:
    In 2000, the movie High Fidelity was released. In that movie, Rob (John Cusack) makes "Top 5" lists for everything. A theater trade magazine called NATO News (National Association of Theater Owners-magazine later changed its title to In Focus) requested members and theater managers to send in their top five favorite movies. They published the first two lists to arrive, including mine. Name three of the five movies on that list (just one or two would be too easy).

Pick five; must get three out of five right. They don't need to be in the right order.

One of the movies comes from a series that's a no-brainer for someone born in '77. Which one, I'm not saying.
  • ShizzsisShizzsis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 263
    Ok I'll go with the Star Wars trilogy ..A. New hope,empire strike back and return of the Jedi, then perhaps the phantom menace .. Rounding out with close encounters of the third kind.
    Shizzsis:
    Ok I'll go with the Star Wars trilogy ..A. New hope,empire strike back and return of the Jedi, then perhaps the phantom menace .. Rounding out with close encounters of the third kind.
    I like sci-fi, but it's not all that's on my top five...one of these is right...
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Empire Stike Back

Goodfellas

Glory

To Kill a Mockingbird

smoke em if you got em:
    Empire Stike Back

Goodfellas

Glory

To Kill a Mockingbird

Remember, this list was published in the year 2000. 300 was after that. The others were before that, but I'm making no comment on any of them. Too many hints for today already.