Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Wow, no guesses. Ok the actor won an Oscar for best supporting actor.
    Fourtotheflush:
    Wow, no guesses. Ok the actor won an Oscar for best supporting actor.
    He didnt win the oscar for this movie.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I really have no idea. The guess I was going to put up before was Christopher Walken in Suicide Kings. He won the best supporting actor award for Deer Hunter back in the 70's, but I don't remember there being a scene where anyone in the movie does a monologue in a room full of people.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    Just to clarify - in the movie - is he talking to people or tennis balls :)? Cause the way your worded things, alien, it sounds a bit weird... Even though I am sure he is not talking to tennis balls lol... I'll guess Will Smith in I am Legend... but just out of the blue - cause they used some tennis balls while filming hahaha
    alienmisprint:
    I really have no idea. The guess I was going to put up before was Christopher Walken in Suicide Kings. He won the best supporting actor award for Deer Hunter back in the 70's, but I don't remember there being a scene where anyone in the movie does a monologue in a room full of people.
    Wow - Bingo. Hes on the couch talking to the whole group in a monologue. Watch the extra stuff! PM me your addres.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Fourtotheflush:
    alienmisprint:
    Wow - Bingo. Hes on the couch talking to the whole group in a monologue. Watch the extra stuff! PM me your addres.
    nice one Tony
    Fourtotheflush:
    alienmisprint:
    Wow, really? I love that movie, but I really didn't remember the monologue scene you are talking about. Guess its time to watch it again, lol. That is the answer I edited and erased a few days ago too, lol. I'll get a question up by tomorrow morning.
    When you watch it again, watch the extras on the DVD. Walken is interesting!
    Renaissance_Man:
    Just to clarify - in the movie - is he talking to people or tennis balls :)? Cause the way your worded things, alien, it sounds a bit weird... Even though I am sure he is not talking to tennis balls lol... I'll guess Will Smith in I am Legend... but just out of the blue - cause they used some tennis balls while filming hahaha

He is in a room full of people, but when they filmed the part they actually took the people out and replaced them with tennis balls on sticks, Then they edited the people back into the live shot.
    Fourtotheflush:

He is in a room full of people, but when they filmed the part they actually took the people out and replaced them with tennis balls on sticks, Then they edited the people back into the live shot.
    That was an important clarification ;)! Too bad it came too late lol...
    Renaissance_Man:
    Fourtotheflush:

That was an important clarification ;)! Too bad it came too late lol...
    that's how I understood it in the first place. Would have been pretty funny to see Christopher Walken talking to a bunch of tennis balls though.
    This movie was one of only two movies to ever actually scare me as a child. It came out in the late 70's, but I watched it for the first time in 1986.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    alienmisprint:
    This movie was one of only two movies to ever actually scare me as a child. It came out in the late 70's, but I watched it for the first time in 1986.
    Scared me too! Jaws?
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    alienmisprint:
    The Jerk - 1979
    Vulchor:
    I also saw sites that listed it as 1989. Either way, I have been in love with Winona Ryder before that movie and still am. Yet somehow, she continues to evade me---too bad she isnt so good at shoplifting.
    I got Vulchors package at work today! Thank you! I will hopefully get Aliens out tomorrow. My car just died so that maybe problematic as it will be in the shop today and tomorrow.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Howard the Duck?
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    I'm going to have guesss Alien
    The exorcist...
    Thewelder:
    Damn, I didn't even get to give my second clue. I was going to say that my sister made me watch the original in 1986 before we went to the theatre to see the sequel. Welder, shoot me your addy along with any cigars you absolutely do not like, I will get a package out as soon as I can.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    alienmisprint:
    Is the answer too obvious... Alien ? ( thats the answer ) Nice play .

alienmisprint:
    Thewelder:
    Damn, I didn't even get to give my second clue. I was going to say that my sister made me watch the original in 1986 before we went to the theatre to see the sequel. Welder, shoot me your addy along with any cigars you absolutely do not like, I will get a package out as soon as I can.

PM sent

For mine its about three friends who start up a business, one does it so she can use the profits to start saving up for a clothing store. It came out in 2000

Sorry if I can't get back to check it for a day or two. I'm moving today so can't post till I get back to work on Monday

I know it is probably stupid, but Requiem for a Dream is somewhat about that... I just don't remember if she wanted a clothing store... But that's my guess :)...
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Half Baked is about three friends who start up a business. I don't remember a clothing store though.

Renaissance_Man:
    I know it is probably stupid, but Requiem for a Dream is somewhat about that... I just don't remember if she wanted a clothing store... But that's my guess :)...

Damn I dislike you and was hoping it would last longer than a few hours. Mainly because I wanted to throw in the next hint. Saying it took a page from The Godfather, and has oranges precede something bad happening. shoot me your address

Thewelder:

Damn I dislike you and was hoping it would last longer than a few hours. Mainly because I wanted to throw in the next hint. Saying it took a page from The Godfather, and has oranges precede something bad happening. shoot me your address

Damn... I totally expected not to get this! hahaha... U sure? omg... now I'm in deep - 3 games to watch over - Mystery, PIF, and this... Sorry dude... I wouldn't think that by business together you meant selling dope haahahah... Gotta think of a good movie now... Sending PM...

btw - this is how YOU guessed the previous question :)... The guy didn't even have a chance to post his second clue... I guess karma is hitting you back ;) :P
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I have used Requiem for a Dream as one of ny Game answers before. This movie is like watching an airplaine crash in slow motion. You just know things are not going to end well. It should be required viewing by every High School Freshman.
    Ok... For you cinema buffs... I will try to be as tough as possible...

This movie is somewhat of a satirical view of the genre it represents. There is a lot of symbolism in it and it is multi-layered. Its one of the movies regularly studied in film classes. The movie won an academy award... It is NOT a black and white movie... Ok... enough hints for now ;).
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977