Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Garen B:
    The Jerk.
    Hey Garen... Someday I am going to post the question, " What is Garen's favorite movie ? "
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    Garen B:
    The Jerk.
    Nope.. Hahha.. Not really... BUT... The main character IS quite of a jerk! Most people in the movie do not like him...
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    kaspera79:
    Garen B:
    The Jerk.
    Hey Garen... Someday I am going to post the question, " What is Garen's favorite movie ? "
    The answer to that question would be Pulp Fiction with Saving Private Ryan as a close second.
    Movie came out in the 70s.... Come on.... some guesses?!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Okay Renai' The only one I could think of that would be studied by film classes .. The Exorcist.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:
    This movie was one of only two movies to ever actually scare me as a child. It came out in the late 70's, but I watched it for the first time in 1986.
    Is the answer too obvious... Alien ? ( thats the answer ) Nice play .
    You know, that didn't even occur to me. It was kind of obvious though, huh? The forum moniker really has nothing to do with any movies though.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    alienmisprint:
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:
    This movie was one of only two movies to ever actually scare me as a child. It came out in the late 70's, but I watched it for the first time in 1986.
    You know, that didn't even occur to me. It was kind of obvious though, huh? The forum moniker really has nothing to do with any movies though.

always wondered if it had something to do with one of your tatoo's Tony ...sounds like a story there ...care to share ???
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:

always wondered if it had something to do with one of your tatoo's Tony ...sounds like a story there ...care to share ???
    There really isn't much of a story to it. I was always into music as a kid, and at some point (probably when I was a teenager, that's around the time I got into Punk) I decided that if I ever had a band, it would be called Alien Misprint. Of course, I never learned to play any instruments and I cannot sing at all, so the band never happened, lol. I always liked that name though, I really have no idea where it came from, but I just kept using it for different things. Pretty much anything I do art related is under the Alien Misprint name. Matter of fact, just about everything I do that isn't under my actual name is under the Alien Misprint name. I even call the tattoo machines I build "Alien Irons".
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:

There really isn't much of a story to it. I was always into music as a kid, and at some point (probably when I was a teenager, that's around the time I got into Punk) I decided that if I ever had a band, it would be called Alien Misprint. Of course, I never learned to play any instruments and I cannot sing at all, so the band never happened, lol. I always liked that name though, I really have no idea where it came from, but I just kept using it for different things. Pretty much anything I do art related is under the Alien Misprint name. Matter of fact, just about everything I do that isn't under my actual name is under the Alien Misprint name. I even call the tattoo machines I build "Alien Irons".

Cool ...thats pretty interesting anyway Tony ...
    kaspera79:
    Okay Renai' The only one I could think of that would be studied by film classes .. The Exorcist.
    Nope... Ok... The movie is taking place somewhere on the west coast... Should I give more hints?
    Damn! No guesses?!?! Ok... The movie is a detective/mystery story...
    PM in your inbox Reni Man.
    Still open :)... Good guess Garen B!
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Renaissance_Man:
    Damn! No guesses?!?! Ok... The movie is a detective/mystery story...
    Beverly Hills Cop
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Scrambler:
    Chinatown.
    Damn you, Scrambler! I wish I could say no. PM me your info. Movie is 1974's Chinatown with Jack Nicholson as JJ Gittes - *** private eye who uncovers cheating husbands :)...

Chinatown - Doing as little as possible...
    Renaissance_Man:
    Damn you, Scrambler! I wish I could say no.
    Aww, why the hate?

I'll send my info, then I have to come up with a good question.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Renaissance_Man:
    Scrambler:
    Chinatown.
    Damn you, Scrambler! I wish I could say no. PM me your info. Movie is 1974's Chinatown with Jack Nicholson as JJ Gittes - *** private eye who uncovers cheating husbands :)...

Chinatown - Doing as little as possible...
    I love the dirty word filter :)
    Scrambler:
    Renaissance_Man:
    Damn you, Scrambler! I wish I could say no.
    Aww, why the hate?

I'll send my info, then I have to come up with a good question.
    Ima guess your movie on the first go ;)! This way I wont have to mail yet another package to LA.. haahahah... Anyway - check ur PMs...
    Alright, the movie I'm thinking of was filmed here in Louisiana.
    The film was based on a TV show, which was based on a movie.
    Each of the main actors from my all-time favorite movie make a cameo appearance.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Scrambler:
    Alright, the movie I'm thinking of was filmed here in Louisiana.
    The film was based on a TV show, which was based on a movie.
    Each of the main actors from my all-time favorite movie make a cameo appearance.
    The Jerk
    jpclotfelter:
    The Jerk
    Hahah - seriously?

I say Star Wars... lol
  • a1phoneguya1phoneguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3

I would like to get in on this, you dont have to send cigars now. I would like to play. Thanx Guys

See How They Run is my guess

Sorry phoneguy, you have to have 25 posts and be on the good traders list still.

My guess: Howard the Duck.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Fourtotheflush:
    Vulchor:
    I also saw sites that listed it as 1989. Either way, I have been in love with Winona Ryder before that movie and still am. Yet somehow, she continues to evade me---too bad she isnt so good at shoplifting.
    I got Vulchors package at work today! Thank you! I will hopefully get Aliens out tomorrow. My car just died so that maybe problematic as it will be in the shop today and tomorrow.

Due to various car problems and waiting for something to come in the mail to add to this package, I finally got Aliens sticks out today. Of course with the help of Cholmes! Long story made short is that I couldnt make it to the PO today and Cholmes was headed that way and mailed my stuff at the same time he mailed his out! Big thanks to Cholmes!!! and Alien, I hope I made it worth the wait!

I can handle the 25 posts, but, how do I get on on the good traders list????
    a1phoneguy:
    I can handle the 25 posts, but, how do I get on on the good traders list????
    What do you mean "handle"? Post padding? You can do a "trade" to get on the "traders' list"... If you want - post an offer for a trade with what you have available. Then, whoever can will respond. A lot of people here have STELLAR reputations so you shouldn't be afraid to mail your part of the deal first... Anyway... Do you know anybody on the forum?
    Post Padding? Only if I keep running into it.... ;) By "handle", I meant I would just have to stay on top of reading the posts & ask alot of questions. "Trade?"...Hmmmm...I guess thats what you guys do here, but, I never even thought of that. No, I don't know anyone on the forum, after all, I'm new here. I saw Cigar.com somewhere & thought I'd check it out. Then I found the Movie trivia forum & read all 48 pages. ALOT of obscure films there guys. I wanted to get in on the action. Not so much for the cigars, mind you, but, for the game itself. The cigars would be a major bonus! I noticed from the old movie trivia posts that you have bent the rules in some cases. If I got up to 25 posts, guessed & won, could not my cigars be held until I sent out someone elses winning booty after I posted a clue & they won? It's kind of hard to get into the action here & someone did say at one point that you needed more players. I like the game, I want to play, what can we do? In any case, thanx fer gettin back to me & talk amongst yerselves & let me know what you think, if anything, what can be done. Geez this big post should be like 5 posts already! Hehe. Beer [B]Paradise [ip]
    I guess it's time for another hint. My favorite scene in this movie is ripped straight from the above mentioned all-time favorite movie. It features the director of both the film in question and my favorite movie in a cameo appearance.
    Scrambler:
    I guess it's time for another hint. My favorite scene in this movie is ripped straight from the above mentioned all-time favorite movie. It features the director of both the film in question and my favorite movie in a cameo appearance.
    JFK?