Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Liga Privada Undercrown corona viva
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Padron break at work!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Enjoyin my first cigar this week.. Smokin an Ashton Cabinet while looking over the weekend blitz,,
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    A little yard work before the march snow storm Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Sitting on back porch, enjoying a MoW original, glass of red wine, looking for signs of tornados.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    C-LOVE:
    Great smoke. Very woody.
    madurofan:
    C-LOVE:
    Great smoke. Very woody.
    Very woody indeed, I'm not real good at picking up on all the diff. notes in cigars just yet, but I picked up on that right away.
    Smoking a Emilio AF1 toro this afternoon
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    C-LOVE:
    madurofan:
    C-LOVE:
    Great smoke. Very woody.
    Very woody indeed, I'm not real good at picking up on all the diff. notes in cigars just yet, but I picked up on that right away.
    You may never. I've tried and tried to pick up on all these different flavors people speak of but I only get certain things. I've never tasted shitake mushrooms, I've caught a hint of something I would describe as mushroomy. IMHO don't try, when I stopped trying I enjoyed cigars infinitely more. The subtle nuances and hints will appear and when you get one just stew on it for a second. Don't try to discern everything you're tasting in every puff. I'll go entire cigars and never even think of what I'm tasting besides, "MMMM this is relaxing". Other times I'll be sitting there minding my own business and I'll go, "Wow that's woody tasting". Next puff, that kinda reminds me of Cedar or burning hickory. Then 3 or 4 puffs later, "man that reminds me of standing next to a pencil sharpener when I was in school". So if asked I describe it as having woddy notes (maybe cedar or hickory smoke) and pencil shavings.

I've watched people take one puff and say I tasted floral boutique, cedar and earth in that. I can't help it but I immediately think, "Bullshit". Maybe they can taste all that in one puff and I just have the palette of a billy goat. But I know I enjoy my cigars, when I tried to do that I did not.

That was the long way of saying don't let it bother you that you are not picking up on all these flavor yet, or ever. Also remember that while many reviewers are honest and truthful and amazing at picking up on hints of this or that, many are full of sh!t. Even if they are an honest one and you had as refined a palette as they do you may pick up different things than they do. Kuzi can link you to one of his threads I'm sure but he has explained a few times about someones chemical makeup of their mouth and how different things effect different people at different times depending on all kinds of factors.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Avo Heritage from Justin, thanks again brother.

• reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Just finished a Muwat baitfish, I love these little guys
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    had to burn this after Martel's review.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    amz1301:
    Avo Heritage from Justin, thanks again brother.

That beer looks fantastic as well..aged in bourbon barrels...nice!
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    I tried an Obsidian figurado today. I really enjoyed it :). Wish I could get my hands on some more lol. image
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    Camacho corojo ltd. this afternoon.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    CCom Brazilian label house blend. Spicy!!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Toombes:
    That is a great, "budget" smoke.
    Good choice Daniel!!!

But stock up while you can --- saw this on their FB page a while back:
    "due to lack of popularity the Brazilian label has been discontinued. I might suggest picking up some in another size while supplies last."

I grabbed an AJ Overrun Nica Libre yesterday afternoon.
    Might have another one today when I walk the dog after work.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    jgibv:
    Toombes:
    Good choice Daniel!!!

"due to lack of popularity the Brazilian label has been discontinued. I might suggest picking up some in another size while supplies last."

Crap! The good deals and "grab 'em while you can" situations always pop up when I'm on a buying freeze...
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Toombes:
    jgibv:
    Toombes:
    Good choice Daniel!!!

Crap! The good deals and "grab 'em while you can" situations always pop up when I'm on a buying freeze...
    You're preachin' to the choir.
    Smoking a Viaje Super Shot from last year, and this is a great short smoke, I bought some of this years batch hopefully they're as good
    Smoking a Vega Fina Summum. I dont think VF's are too popular over here, but this is a great smoke. Very smooth and slightly sweet, but with a noticeable citrusy, tangy finish. Cool combo.
    MOW sp Little Devil
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    WebMost Bazooka, rolled this Winter. Bezuke wrapper and binder, dom seco filler. Getting smoother the longer I age it. Smoke thick thick and creamy. No premium by a long shot, but entirely smoke-able for just the second batch ever.

Nica Libre for a backup when this gives out.

webmost:
    WebMost Bazooka, rolled this Winter. Bezuke wrapper and binder, dom seco filler. Getting smoother the longer I age it. Smoke thick thick and creamy. No premium by a long shot, but entirely smoke-able for just the second batch ever.

Nica Libre for a backup when this gives out.

That is awesome! Im glad your gars worked out. Im pretty bummed that all of my tobacco plants were devoured by bugs last summer (even when using Sevin bug killer).

Im smoking a Jaime Garcia reserva with 1 year on it... still packs a punch!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I broke my own rule and smoked a cigar that wasn't gifted to me by one of you today. I was at a B&M and had to buy something there. So I went with an LFD Air Bender Maduro Toro. Still waiting for my first bad LFD.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Gray4Lines PM to you
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    God of Fire 2007 by Carlito Double Corona: 7 5/8 X 49. Complete review in my cigar journal. photo Gigante13017_zps75814de8.jpg
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Having one of those nub sized Gurkha Fury's. I'm all alone at the house for a couple hours and its just to nice a day to throw away doing what I should be doing.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Just lit up a Verdadero Organic, pairing with a cup of coffee makes for a very enjoyable afternoon!