Home General Discussion

Cigar Sprint Sale

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Theedge:
    MTuccelli:
    With anything new I always go a bit crazy when ordering. Last night I learned if I use this CigarSprintSale with some patience, common sense and know my pricing before I hit confirm I can actually get a better variety of sticks staying within my monthly cigar budget.

Last night I picked up 2 10 packs of the Torano Exodus Silver Robusto for under 60 bucks putting each stick at roughly $2.90 a stick. Every time I try to nab a deal on these at auction some idiot comes along and bids them up almost to full retail. So I think I will be checking this site first before going anywhere else.
    I grabbed the Exodus Silver for $2.68 each yesterday on the sprint. The silver is my favorite Exodus.
    Good deal brother. This is one of my favorites too.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Been watchin for quite a bit since this rolled out and I gotta think that they are holding back on the premiums until they calculate what the take is. Until then they are puttin up items with the most built in margin. Where it wont hurt as much.Of course I could be way wrong. Theres much to consider, inventory, manufactures who are on board with this so on and so on. . Im suprised that we havent seen any Gran Habano's .
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    The Kid:
    Been watchin for quite a bit since this rolled out and I gotta think that they are holding back on the premiums until they calculate what the take is. Until then they are puttin up items with the most built in margin. Where it wont hurt as much.Of course I could be way wrong. Theres much to consider, inventory, manufactures who are on board with this so on and so on. . Im suprised that we havent seen any Gran Habano's .

I thought I saw some go through last night.
    Just saw a ten pack of Partagas Cifuentes Diciembre go (or close down) just under $23.
    kevin1323:
    The Kid:
    I thought I saw some go through last night.
    Hmm didnt see them, must of been a one and done. Wonder what the first sprint item was?
    WHO HOO just got my kill..lol picked up the best of connecticut sampler for 33, think I squeezed just a bit early but thats what happens when ones been waiting, I mean huntin all day.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    mmmhmmm....MOW Ruinations. Like Kid, been hunting some deals today.
    Been evaluating this and there are many pros with this site... 1. Its a faster pace, they do cycle through deals extremely fast. 2. Mostly box purchases. I do tend to buy more 5 and 10 packs but its a great way to score a box of one's favs. 3. Frequent repeats so if you dont get it the first time, chances are it'll be around again. So I feel better about leavin the computer like I did today, came back and saw the same deal I missed out on earlier. 4. Cigar.com reputation and service. Top notch as far as I'm concerned. 5. Fast and free shipping. Cant beat that!!! ......Additionally I'm surprised as I havent seen cigar.com samplers packs, seen a bunch of cigar.com box's . I think the samplers would do really well.. I had more but I think I need a friction modifier in the old gear box. I'm sure I'll come up with more later....Oh Yea, Thanks Cigar.com!!!!
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Every time I step away I miss the 5 Vegas Cask Strengths!
    WOW that maduro madness sampler went for forty bucks, that was 2.50 a stick, and they were all decent sticks, woulda coulda but Im in a conny phase right now
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Right now we only have a few hundred lots cycling though. As we work out some bugs and fetid to a few thousand and continuously cycle in now items and out old ones as we run out of activity. So good news is that ultimately there will be a ton of variety. Bad news is if you miss a lot you wanted, it could be days before you see it again.
    Just scooped up those MOW Virtue Salomon's, Awesome smoke..(edit) Looks like Alex is turning up the heat!!!
    Alex Svenson:
    Right now we only have a few hundred lots cycling though. As we work out some bugs and fetid to a few thousand and continuously cycle in now items and out old ones as we run out of activity. So good news is that ultimately there will be a ton of variety. Bad news is if you miss a lot you wanted, it could be days before you see it again.

Alex,

Great job with the Sprintsale site! I guess that is obvious given that I think I doubled my post count in this thread alone.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    This has been quite the test of my self control. SERENITY NOW!
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    I've always wanted to try those cask strengths but they just don't seem to last very long on the sprint.
    wwestern:
    I've always wanted to try those cask strengths but they just don't seem to last very long on the sprint.
    They are excellent smokes Wes! I've had a couple of them from random samplers and they were great
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Just got the 5 vegas Miami petit corona's for under 40 bucks! Patience paid off on this one.
  • EnphraredEnphrared Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    I hoping to grab some Vegas Miami's, would like something bigger than the corona. I managed to get the dirty dozen sampler late last night. Not a fan of the Ave Maria, but I want to try the cuba's, mow's, morro, and diesel.
    Thank goodness somebody bought those Ruinations. I was about to click the button lol must control myself
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    ENFIDL:
    dude, seriously, he question of if its worth it, seems to have nothing to do with cost.

hey pm man.
    boydmcgowan:
    ENFIDL:
    dude, seriously, he question of if its worth it, seems to have nothing to do with cost.

hey pm man.
    replied brother
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    ENFIDL:
    wwestern:
    They are excellent smokes Wes! I've had a couple of them from random samplers and they were great
    I picked up 10 Cask Strengths last night for $22!!! Wes, they're delicious!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    JZ:
    All I have to see is the RP 2nds toro or torpedo (90 or 92) with at 45 at the front and I'll take em!
    Now I'm happy, got the torpedos last night for my target price!
    dbeckom:
    ENFIDL:
    wwestern:
    I picked up 10 Cask Strengths last night for $22!!! Wes, they're delicious!
    Daayyyuuuummmmm
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    In about 3 days the "what did u get today" thread is going to crash. LoL.
    Anyone else notice that every item gets a sold sticker stamped on it.. I mean who is buying these Primeros Regionals. Anyone ever smoked one? Maybe the sold sticker is a default and is placed on each item whether it sells or not.
    The Kid:
    Anyone else notice that every item gets a sold sticker stamped on it.. I mean who is buying these Primeros Regionals. Anyone ever smoked one? Maybe the sold sticker is a default and is placed on each item whether it sells or not.
    I was thinking the same thing. I think it's a default thing
  • EnphraredEnphrared Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    I picked that 5 Vegas Full-Bodied 5x2 Sampler for a hair under $25, you guys think I pulled the trigger too soon? I was wanting to try some Miami's and AAA's. My bro had both in a sampler awhile back and really liked them and had me curious.
    Enphrared:
    I picked that 5 Vegas Full-Bodied 5x2 Sampler for a hair under $25, you guys think I pulled the trigger too soon? I was wanting to try some Miami's and AAA's. My bro had both in a sampler awhile back and really liked them and had me curious.
    Nope, Think you pulled right on time, If it was early only by a smidge, not enough to warrant waiting. Good Job!!. I like pretty much all the 5 vegas cept for the relic, IMO those two and the Cask strength are their best. Even better than their ltd's