Home General Discussion

Cigar Sprint Sale

Comments

• RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Anyone have any input on the Cusano Habano Sungrowns Robusto? Looks tasty but hate to purchase before I have some positive feed back.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    I may be WAY off base here - but I think that the "low price" threshold has been raised on certain cigars (Diesel, MoW)
    Anyone else notice this?

Agreed, seeing the last set of UHC going for 27.00ish. Ccom has teased us and now has our attention. What to do. Lol.
    RampMonkey:
    Agreed, seeing the last set of UHC going for 27.00ish. Ccom has teased us and now has our attention. What to do. Lol.
    yep - and I don't think anyone bought that - think that was the low threshold kick-out price - which is up almost $5.00!.....bummer.........

• cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    KingoftheCove:
    RampMonkey:
    yep - and I don't think anyone bought that - think that was the low threshold kick-out price - which is up almost $5.00!.....bummer.........

did u read my previous post on pg 32
    yes I did - what I'm guessing is that Ccom has raised the threshold, not the "market" (us buyers) - from what I understand you're saying is that we will be driving up the prices - in some cases yes, but from what I have been tracking - it appears (imho) that Ccom upped the kickout threshold on certain sticks, which by the way, I predicted several days ago that they would do,.....but again............just my theory.....and it could be totally off base.

I have been watching the 5 Vegas Cask Strength sticks for awhile and have been looking to try them and with the price that the sprint site had, couldn't resist pulling the trigger. Feed back from anyone? I hope I mad a wise choice. Lol!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    RampMonkey:
    I have been watching the 5 Vegas Cask Strength sticks for awhile and have been looking to try them and with the price that the sprint site had, couldn't resist pulling the trigger. Feed back from anyone? I hope I mad a wise choice. Lol!
    Love the Cask Strength II. Never had the pleasure of smoking the original but I've had a few of the II and they have been great smokes. I don't think you'll be let down brother
    ENFIDL:
    RampMonkey:
    Love the Cask Strength II. Never had the pleasure of smoking the original but I've had a few of the II and they have been great smokes. I don't think you'll be let down brother

Thanks for the input Enfidl, now just need to get them shipped and start resting for this winter. Cant wait!
  • EnphraredEnphrared Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    RampMonkey:
    Bastids!! Glad I got my UHC's on Monday for under $24 :P The cask strength II's are really good!! I got my firkin 10pack in the mail yesterday. Just waiting for my UHC's, Trip A's, Miami's and the dirty dozen sampler.
    Enphrared:
    RampMonkey:
    Bastids!! Glad I got my UHC's on Monday for under $24 :P The cask strength II's are really good!! I got my firkin 10pack in the mail yesterday. Just waiting for my UHC's, Trip A's, Miami's and the dirty dozen sampler.
    Yes you and I and hopefully the other brothers got a smoking deal on the UHC's. With this new site Alex and the gang have done a good job so far lifting the weight off my wallet. LOL. From your description, that sounds like a kick a$$ deliveries coming. Grats!
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I was able to pick up some uhc 10 pack and shorty's 10 pack both for under $23 mow box coronas for $75 the prices are great and my addiction continues.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Bottomless cup just went for $59.??...the little man was almost to the end of the line...not seen him get that close to the end before....quite a deal for 40 cigars, even if you don't like them all!
    cooch36:
    I was able to pick up some uhc 10 pack and shorty's 10 pack both for under $23 mow box coronas for $75 the prices are great and my addiction continues.
    hey cooch - was that score on the Shortys and the uhc recently (as in the last 24 hours)?
    or was that several days ago?
    I'm hoping it was in the last 24 hours, cause then my theory on the increased kickout threshold is wrong (which I'm hoping it is!!)

KingoftheCove:
    cooch36:
    hey cooch - was that score on the Shortys and the uhc recently (as in the last 24 hours)?
    I'm hoping it was in the last 24 hours, cause then my theory on the increased kickout threshold is wrong (which I'm hoping it is!!)

Would love to see some Shorties for that price...like you cooch and others, the addition train continues..
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    RampMonkey:
    Anyone have any input on the Cusano Habano Sungrowns Robusto? Looks tasty but hate to purchase before I have some positive feed back.
    same here... not sure why but I ALMOST buy them everytime I see them...

Haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet... I'm waiting for the Ccom Brazilian and/or Sun Grown Coronas... I keep seeing Churchills and robustos... and I want a box of the morro castle torps... i keep missing them!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    robbyras:
    RampMonkey:

I had one a long time ago. They had one of these and the rare cameroon in the COTM before they were released, with just orange and blue bands, respectively and in a perfecto shape. I remember liking it quite a bit, but I was a noob and the mystique of some oddly banded, novelly shaped (for me at the time at least) and unreleased cigar might have been what did it rather than the actual flavor. Also I smoked it out with friends after a softball victory. I do remember it being quite good though...
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    RampMonkey:
    KingoftheCove:
    cooch36:

Would love to see some Shorties for that price...like you cooch and others, the addition train continues..

I am pretty sure that the increase has ocurred. Nothing on D. is going for less then 26.50 or so. This has been the trend since the site went back to auto refresh. I doubt you will see the 23.00 price again, at lest for a while. at around 27 I don't think the deal is that great but you all will have to decide that for yourselves.
    robbyras:
    RampMonkey:

Haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet... I'm waiting for the Ccom Brazilian and/or Sun Grown Coronas... I keep seeing Churchills and robustos... and I want a box of the morro castle torps... i keep missing them!

I have only seen the Cusano's once or twice but not sure about pulling just yet. As for the Brazilian's I have missed the coronas every time. Would love to see those come back around here soon. As for the sun grown, the corona was good but would like try the robusto version too. If all else fails I sure I might see if some one would want to split a box. To be continued...
    J.S.:
    RampMonkey:
    KingoftheCove:
    cooch36:

I am pretty sure that the increase has ocurred. Nothing on D. is going for less then 26.50 or so. This has been the trend since the site went back to auto refresh. I doubt you will see the 23.00 price again, at lest for a while. at around 27 I don't think the deal is that great but you all will have to decide that for yourselves.
    Maybe it's not a kickout threshold increase but rather an increase of people using the site? That would tend to drive up bottom line prices as well...
    You make a good point but the same price keeps ending the sprint give or take a few cents. It seems unlikely that they would all go at the same price. But I really don't know.
    True. So I wonder how long it'll be until someone writes an ap that watches it for you and only bites when it hits a certain price?
    Ken Light:
    True. So I wonder how long it'll be until someone writes an ap that watches it for you and only bites when it hits a certain price?

I would love to get my hands on an ap like that!
    Ken Light:
    that would be a fairly sophisticated/expensive bit of coding

KingoftheCove:
    Ken Light:

Really? I had no idea. Don't they do similar things for ebay already?
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    If anyone comes across a Herf-a-dor on the Sprint sale for cheap, pick it up for me and I will reimburse you for the troubles. If there are no takers, no problem and no offense will be taken.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Ken Light:
    KingoftheCove:
    Ken Light:

Really? I had no idea. Don't they do similar things for ebay already?

Yes, there is at least one that I know of - it's called 'Hammersnipe' and it works pretty well for eBay. As code-illiterate as I am, though, I couldn't begin to guess as to its development cost or complexity.
    90+ Irishman:
    If anyone comes across a Herf-a-dor on the Sprint sale for cheap, pick it up for me and I will reimburse you for the troubles. If there are no takers, no problem and no offense will be taken.
    I'll keep an eye out. PM me your max bid?
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I keep missing that southport humidor. Its making me sad :(
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    scarlin:
    I keep missing that southport humidor. Its making me sad :(
    I know you aren't on the good traders list yet, but I'm willing to give you a chance regardless. If you PM me info and low price point I'll keep my eyes on it and snag it for you.