Home General Discussion

Cigar Sprint Sale

Comments

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Unthought_Known:
    KingoftheCove:
    Unthought_Known:
    I finally pulled the trigger on a tenner of Diesel Unlimited for about $27. Clicked 'Buy Now', and it took me to a second screen. Less than 1/2 second later, the page was gone and it reset! It wasn't humanly possible for me to click 'confirm' in the time it gave me. Does it do that with every item, or just if you let it wind down to the very edge? I thought it would give me at least a few seconds to click Confirm.
    If you see something you like, you should click "Buy Now" right away, then when you get to the next screen, you can wait and lcick confirm at the last second, and you're good to go.
    It helps if you have an idea what the reserve price for your item is, or if you know what price will make you happy, and when it gets threre, click Confirm.
    The Diesels come thru pretty regularly, so you'll get another chance.

Interesting. I figured I would be locked in when I hit 'Buy Now'. I didn't know it would continue to decrease.
    OK, now I'm not sure.....but I thought you didn't "buy" anything until you clicked confrm, and the price was set at the point of your confirmtation.
    I have an email into them to clarify...cause I really need to know this.
    just got word from Ccom - the price is set when you click Confirm, not when you click Buy Now.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    djbeenie:
    Love the new site, but after watching it constantly I am tired of seeing 5 Vegas sticks. haha! :)
    .. No Shitt. You don't have to wait very long for some 5 Vegas stuff to show up.. Now I love some 5V's but would like to see a little more different sticks get into the rotation. ( side note) I just switched over, if you want some 5V Gold toros get over there now.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    kaspera79:
    djbeenie:
    Love the new site, but after watching it constantly I am tired of seeing 5 Vegas sticks. haha! :)
    .. No Shitt. You don't have to wait very long for some 5 Vegas stuff to show up.. Now I love some 5V's but would like to see a little more different sticks get into the rotation. ( side note) I just switched over, if you want some 5V Gold toros get over there now.
    I agree. 5 Vegas can be great. in fact, I'm currently sitting on two boxes of them. But man, variety is great too! :)
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Has anyone noticed that prices are getting a bit higher? It seems that the tuning man goes all the way across but after it either gets pulled or someone buys it, it's quite a bit higher than when the site first started. Just an observation. Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this trend.
    Lakota72:
    Has anyone noticed that prices are getting a bit higher? It seems that the tuning man goes all the way across but after it either gets pulled or someone buys it, it's quite a bit higher than when the site first started. Just an observation. Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this trend.
    yeah - more activity, and the reserve went up on several items
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    KingoftheCove:
    Lakota72:
    That's what I was thinking as well. It almost seems like tim will be able to do a better job at beating the sprint sale prices.
    Lakota72:
    KingoftheCove:
    Lakota72:
    That's what I was thinking as well. It almost seems like tim will be able to do a better job at beating the sprint sale prices.
    hmmmm.......I'm not so sure about that.......at least not yet.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Lakota72:
    KingoftheCove:
    Lakota72:
    Sprint Site dipping into sales rep pockets huh. LOL. Your correct, most items seem to be higher, thus has me putting the brakes on when it comes to buying. Looks like I'll have to find a rep or call up and say " I have s sh!t ton of cash but I cant get a rep to hook me up, wtf the dealio.." oh I have beaten this horse before...still laying there...dead...LOL.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    The reserve price on some items has definitely gone up. I am wondering if there is computer systems tracking the sale prices and adjusting them. There has to be something controlling it other than human intervention.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Yeah, I see that too. I would really like to try the Gurkha Crest 10 pk. but it does not come up that often. It just did but I was too busy reading Alex's post about the mad. short story and missed it again. Oh well, not my time I guess.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    fla-gypsy:
    The reserve price on some items has definitely gone up. I am wondering if there is computer systems tracking the sale prices and adjusting them. There has to be something controlling it other than human intervention.
    Being a programmer myself, I bet now that they have a bit of sales stats in the database they are probably calculating the average base price of the product and using that as a floor. This was probably always programmed in but when the products were first added the bottom was selected by Alex now it is being driven by the consumer. The way to test this is to watch the base for new products and then compare it a week later. The more the consumer base grows the higher the base will go, unless there is a readjustment factor built in to keep the floor from over inflation. Just my 2 cents
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Hmm...just saw a 10 pk of Gurkha Beauties sell for more than Guerrilla Warfare listing. Someone not paying attention?
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    was it close enough that the free shipping would make a difference?
    Watched the Diesel Shorties start at 59.99 for a 10 pack and tapped out at 34.and some change...anyone else find this....Odd.
    Had to add this too. Watching the 5 Vegas Classic 10 pack: Started way over $40.00 bones and the MSRP is $32.00. So Ccom, I think ya have some issues to resolve here. Running man finished the race for $20.81..and If I recall seeing this the robustos bottoming out at 14ish...
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Yeah, was just watching the shorties as well... they finished ~+10 higher than they normally go for. They might be testing the waters to see who bites, or their pricing algorithms may need updating.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    It was $44 and change...so barely.
    Stinky ash tray starting over 10.00 the MFSP. Money is safe at this rate ccom.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Just noticed a 10 pk of diesel uhc finished for $32. Not too much of a deal when I got a box of unl for $50
    Cubabn Roots sampler for $47?......bummer....best of summer sampler went for considerably more than before too..........bummer
    I should have been loading up the first 72 hours......but.....like I whined twice before.....I placed my biggest order ever two days before this site goes up, so my cigar $$ was done....................timing is everything they say...........bummer
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    RampMonkey:
    I just watched three items in a row starting at $10-$20 OVER the MSRP. The 5-pack of Ave Maria Barbarossa was one of them...it then closed out at $30!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Thanks for the info guys.. To be honest I stopped following the sprint sales a few days ago due to the lack of selection especially on the med to med-high end sticks. My only routine has been to check this thread periodically hoping to see some chatter bout new items.
    Full Bodied Tap Out Sampler for $33....normal price $34............but ya get free shipping I suppose

• Knoxca1Knoxca1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 147
    dbeckom:
    RampMonkey:
    I just watched three items in a row starting at $10-$20 OVER the MSRP. The 5-pack of Ave Maria Barbarossa was one of them...it then closed out at $30!
    I just saw a 5 pack of Ave Maria Crusader MSRP of $35.00 start at over $50.00. I don't think it even got down to the MSRP before it closed out.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Camacho PE 5-pack and Herfador on the Sprint!
    dbeckom:
    ,,, what did that go for ?
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    dbeckom:
    what did it go for!?!?! I just saw that =(.
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 147
    Looked like around $66
    Knoxca1:
    Looked like around $66
    ... that's fair. I would have held off for a little closer to sixty. But with the shipping, someone is happy.