Home General Discussion

Cigar Sprint Sale

Comments

• slum_lordeslum_lorde Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    I did get a few good deals. I had to monitor the site for a while to do so, however. I picked up some black dragons and ruinations for cheap, for instance. Funny thing, when I tried to pick up some diesel unlimited, the prices on those were consistently higher than on the other, much more expensive sticks.

Like others here, I've been noticing a price increase. Oddly, a number of the products I've been watching have closed out--either they were sold or their reserves had been met--at prices similar to what you might pay over on Joe Cigar on a rather regular basis. Maybe that's even becoming the baseline.

Well, in any case, I can't see that it's really worth it to monitor this site anymore. It's kind of a drag waiting around for what you want to pop up and then for the bid meter to run down to where you want to pay. Also, there's too much repetition--M1s as well as the company brands and Vegas sticks come up again and again and again. Now that the prices have gone up it seems, the incentive is kind of gone. Who wants to wait around for something they want only to see the meter tap out at prices you can find with less time and effort elsewhere?

oi
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    slum_lorde:
    I did get a few good deals. I had to monitor the site for a while to do so, however. I picked up some black dragons and ruinations for cheap, for instance. Funny thing, when I tried to pick up some diesel unlimited, the prices on those were consistently higher than on the other, much more expensive sticks.

Like others here, I've been noticing a price increase. Oddly, a number of the products I've been watching have closed out--either they were sold or their reserves had been met--at prices similar to what you might pay over on Joe Cigar on a rather regular basis. Maybe that's even becoming the baseline.

Well, in any case, I can't see that it's really worth it to monitor this site anymore. It's kind of a drag waiting around for what you want to pop up and then for the bid meter to run down to where you want to pay. Also, there's too much repetition--M1s as well as the company brands and Vegas sticks come up again and again and again. Now that the prices have gone up it seems, the incentive is kind of gone. Who wants to wait around for something they want only to see the meter tap out at prices you can find with less time and effort elsewhere?
    I'm afraid you are largely on the money here...........I've been watching/tracking this.........they are now introducing new items slowly, and from what I can tell (very small sample) about 1/2 of them (the new stuff) are good deals (for now)....the other half, simply OK/normal deals.......but there is always the free shipping

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    KingoftheCove:
    slum_lorde:

I'm afraid you are largely on the money here...........I've been watching/tracking this.........they are now introducing new items slowly, and from what I can tell (very small sample) about 1/2 of them (the new stuff) are good deals (for now)....the other half, simply OK/normal deals.......but there is always the free shipping

I think Alex said something to this effect prior to the site's inception, that the deals would be much better at first and then diminish over time. The new stuff DOES seem to be cheaper, and more interesting for now. And since he also said that eventually there will be so many lots that things might not reappear for days to a week, I think this site still has a solid future and will continue to be interesting.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    The Kid:
    Thanks for the info guys.. To be honest I stopped following the sprint sales a few days ago due to the lack of selection especially on the med to med-high end sticks. My only routine has been to check this thread periodically hoping to see some chatter bout new items.
    +1 if they had multiple deals going it would be more interesting. Something like whack-a-deal style mixed with free fall. Seems like a waste to only have one deal going, 20 deals at a time would be much more interesting and fast pace.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    CAcigarguy007:
    The Kid:
    Thanks for the info guys.. To be honest I stopped following the sprint sales a few days ago due to the lack of selection especially on the med to med-high end sticks. My only routine has been to check this thread periodically hoping to see some chatter bout new items.
    +1 if they had multiple deals going it would be more interesting. Something like whack-a-deal style mixed with free fall. Seems like a waste to only have one deal going, 20 deals at a time would be much more interesting and fast pace.
    That a fantastic Idea, As Whack a deal is very fast paced and fun.. WHen I used to buy from the other I always tried to save a little extra for the whack a deal
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    The Kid:
    +1

I've lost interest... at least I got a couple screamin good deals when the thing started... but I just watched a 5 pack of Ave Marias end for $10 MORE than I paid for a 10 PACK of Ruinations!! WTF CCOM?!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Maybe it's just me but I never thought the deals or selection were any good. I watched the site for a few hours when it first came out but that was it.
    It didn't seem to sell the items I want at a price I like.
    I'm sorry to see that it seems it's becoming that for the rest of you.

This is one of the things I really wanted to be cool.

• Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Regardless of what was said that deals would diminish over time, I think that is the wrong approach for business. At first, it was great and we were talking about it and more than likely telling our friends about this new site.

unfortunately, I am not telling anyone about it. Ccom, it's time to focus more on the customer and bring those reserves back down again.
  • SchroozSchrooz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 165
    So long as they roll a 10 pack of mow ruin at least as often so I can catch it and outbid all for $28 like I just did some time ago, I am happy with cigarsprintsale. Wouldn't hurt to roll some Oliva Serie V .
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Schrooz:
    So long as they roll a 10 pack of mow ruin at least as often so I can catch it and outbid all for $28 like I just did some time ago, I am happy with cigarsprintsale. Wouldn't hurt to roll some Oliva Serie V .
    +1, I am hoping for some better premium sticks to be added. I'm gonna keep watching, hell...I got nothing else to do. LOL
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Krieg:
    Schrooz:
    +1, I am hoping for some better premium sticks to be added. I'm gonna keep watching, hell...I got nothing else to do. LOL
    +1 Kreig if some better smokes start to show up it would pique my interest but the pricing does need work.
    Just watched a sampler start at $63+ while the same sampler is sold here for $39.99. The sampler ended at $38 thats really not that much of a deal imho.

Note I'm not hating on Ccom. I buy a majority of my smokes here, I love the reps they are beyond anyone else as far as customer service goes.
    I just know they can do better I've seen it and I continue to see it in other areas.

• Jay9Jay9Jay9Jay9Jay9Jay9 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53

A few random new items have started popping up (Padilla Artemis), however the prices have gone crazy over the past few days.  Ave Maria's which I bought a 10 pack for around $23 are now hitting reserve at $28 for a 5-pack!!!!

The deals that got me hooked before are definitely long gone.

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    while I've seen a few new items, I am starting to agree with all of you on pricing... the free shipping is a + but the prices are going up... kind of a bummer
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    A few thoughts: 1. I took Alex's comments about the deals being better closer to the site's inception as an indication that there wouldn't be as many customers in the know about the site. 2. I think the idea of starting the sprint price at a high level (at MSRP) gives you time to actually view the item and consider it. If it started at the list price on CCom, for a sampler, the sprint would be over in too short of a time for someone to buy it. Unless they slowed the time of/decreased the amount of the incriments. 3. I am sure CCom is taking all of the data the site is generating in and will be making adjustments accordingly. The site is in its infant stage and I am sure there will be plenty of analysis and action on their part to dial in the sweet spot for both CCom and the customer.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    kevin1323:
    A few thoughts: 1. I took Alex's comments about the deals being better closer to the site's inception as an indication that there wouldn't be as many customers in the know about the site. 2. I think the idea of starting the sprint price at a high level (at MSRP) gives you time to actually view the item and consider it. If it started at the list price on CCom, for a sampler, the sprint would be over in too short of a time for someone to buy it. Unless they slowed the time of/decreased the amount of the incriments. 3. I am sure CCom is taking all of the data the site is generating in and will be making adjustments accordingly. The site is in its infant stage and I am sure there will be plenty of analysis and action on their part to dial in the sweet spot for both CCom and the customer.
    I agree with you. I think people are also glossing over the free shipping aspect. If a $40 item is sold for $38 and free shipping, it's not a $2 savings, it's a $7-8 savings. Maybe your rep is willing to give you free shipping through email orders, but the vast majority of CCom customers don't get free shipping unless they buy the daily deal.

I did notice more variety on the site lately. Last night I saw an Oliva V Sampler, and there were a few new items when I awoke this morning.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    Your face when you realize that most of the "deals" right now are effectively "house" or budget brands.

5 Vegas
    Ave Maria
    Diesel
    Diesel Unlimited
    Graycliff G2 Turbo
    Gurkha Park Avenue
    all Man O' War lines
    Morro Castle
    San Miguel
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
    cigar.com blends
    budget (reposado, indianos primeros, El Mejor Emerald)

Not to say some of these brands/blends aren't good. But if you are already getting stifled by the increasingly small gap between regular DD/Jam prices and Sprint sales, imagine how small the gap for big premium brands.

• dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Anyone happen to see what the Fonseca Arana's went for earlier?

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    dbeckom:
    Anyone happen to see what the Fonseca Arana's went for earlier?

around $34 I believe
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    saw some oliva Vs on there little while ago, now some Xikar cutters...looks like they added some new stuff today.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Some... but nothing to write home about. Have yet to see something to make me jump up and say "Holy SH1T!"
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    Just saw some Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles 10 pack go for 36 bucks. damn good deal.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Agreed, and boner worthy IMO
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    Me thinks some folks protest too much too soon. I see some good deals on there - saw some royal vintage go through a bit ago, didn't catch the price. I've been very happy with my deals.
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    Just picked up a 10 pack of Artemis Double Torpedos for 42 bucks. They are 13.50 a pop at the B&M here.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    If the sprinter runs off before the end of the "track", does that always mean that someone bought the current item? I'm asking because I've seen him run off at some ludicrous prices... maybe the reserve kicks in before the end?
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    allsmokedup:
    If the sprinter runs off before the end of the "track", does that always mean that someone bought the current item? I'm asking because I've seen him run off at some ludicrous prices... maybe the reserve kicks in before the end?
    Yup it appears that the reserve price coincides with the end of the percentage bar.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    New stuff is coming up now! I missed the RYJ 10 pk but would love to know what it went for. I will have to keep checking now. I had gotten a little board with it this week but seeing some new product has me again.
  • MeanGreenMeanGreen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    J.S.:
    New stuff is coming up now! I missed the RYJ 10 pk but would love to know what it went for. I will have to keep checking now. I had gotten a little board with it this week but seeing some new product has me again.
    Low 40's
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 147
    Jay9Jay9Jay9:

A few random new items have started popping up (Padilla Artemis), however the prices have gone crazy over the past few days.  Ave Maria's which I bought a 10 pack for around $23 are now hitting reserve at $28 for a 5-pack!!!!

The deals that got me hooked before are definitely long gone.

I think the Ave Maria is priced for 10 packs not the 5 that is advertised. I've seen a couple pop up start at $50 bucks and end above the MSRP. Also noticed a lot of items ending $10 more than what they were going for a few days ago.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    So glad to see new items!