Home Cigar 101

Maduro sampler

13»

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    madurofan:
    Holy crap with that budget I'd need a walk-in in no time. I have absolutely no idea how much a month on average I spend on cigars. I don't wanna know. I have a play money budget. I try to stay within that.
    Well, $200 is tentative. That is about what I spend on cigarettes now, so with me quitting it isn't really costing us any more. At least that's how I explained it to her, lol. As the months go by, we will see how much I spend on average in a month and probably re-adjust it.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    Dude Love:
    Jetmech_63:
    May your humi be HUGE, your couch be comfy and your credit cardS low interest and high limit....Cheers!!!
    Let's be honest here...
    Jet / Dude words I have learned to live by... Did I tell you guys about my new box of Nordings ? ( my wife just asked what was delivered by UPS today) I told her it was her birthday present.
    It must be nice, having a wife who smokes cigars, too.
    Yeah right, she knows better... Her birthday is in April so she knows I'm a liar.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Well, you have to give them some time to rest.

I just ordered up some o' them Nordings you boys been blatherin' on about.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I think you'll like them. Aesthetically they remind my very much of a Fuente. Taste wise, I think its a very classical cigar along the lines of a Fuente of Ashton although I wouldn't say that it tastes anything like a Fuente or Ashton. If that makes sense.
    Not much, but I wrung all I could out of it. :)
    Fairly typical, it makes since in my head but fails to when it leaves there. Its a classical cigar IMO. Fuente's and Ashtons are also classical cigars IMO. However, while I think the Nordings and the Fuente/Ashton's share many similar traits including some flavor nuances, I would not say that the Nordings taste like a Fuente or an Ashton. They leave me with a similar impression though.

If that still doesn't make sense I'll just admit defeat at trying to articulate this thought.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i see what you are saying. the smoke does have a classic feel to it. i dont think they have a taste that is similar to ashton or fuente. i dont know how else to put it but its fairly clear to me that it was blended by a pipe tobacco blender.
    kuzi16:
    i see what you are saying. the smoke does have a classic feel to it. i dont think they have a taste that is similar to ashton or fuente. i dont know how else to put it but its fairly clear to me that it was blended by a pipe tobacco blender.
    Good observation. I hadn't thought about that.
    I thought RP blended it for Nording. Erik put together the blend himself?

That version made sense, maddy.
    urbino:
    I thought RP blended it for Nording. Erik put together the blend himself?
    My understanding(well according to RP's site) Rocky blended it then Erik liked it and asked if he could use it.

So while he didn't create it himself, he liked it. So I can see where it might be said that it has a pipe smokers appeal.

urbino:
    That version made sense, maddy.
    It happens from time to time.