Home General Discussion

I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Thank you Mike(mfotis)!

Thank you Chuck N.

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    #36 is from Illinoisgolf99. Haven't had this blend in over a year. It was really nice to revisit it. Thanks again! IMAG0168
    #37 on lancero day is a Fuego Origen from Drew. Very tasty. Thank you very much! IMAG0170
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    SleevePlz:
    #37 on lancero day is a Fuego Origen from Drew. Very tasty. Thank you very much!
    You are very welcome. Dont forget to save one of those for your last one. I gotta win that 50th contest.

I smoked this beauty from Bombay last night. Thanks for hooking a brother up!
    ddubridge:
    SleevePlz:
    #37 on lancero day is a Fuego Origen from Drew. Very tasty. Thank you very much!
    You are very welcome. Dont forget to save one of those for your last one. I gotta win that 50th contest.
    Lol, I'm not dropping any hints, but I am really looking forward to what I picked out for the 50th.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Thanks, Randy!! My first Punch, let's see how it is! image
    #38 is another stick from my Secret Santa, Bombay. A short LFD torpedo that I paired with a Great Lakes Brewing Co Porter. Very nice on a beautiful summer evening. Thanks bro! IMAG0171
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Oh yeah look at that. Two out of the last three ain't bad.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    image Thanks man very nice
    My Secret Santa bomb last year was absolutely awesome, so I decided to raid it again for #39. Went with the Tatuaje 2009 L'esprit de Verite complete with amazing picture, lol. Thanks again Santa, it was delicious! IMAG0172
    From drew in our 545. Been waiting to fire this one up! Looks great, thanks drew! image
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    My Father Le Bejou from my Noobie trade/bomb... sorry on pic but nubbed it. Great smoke thanks Mr. Mike.
  • AVJimAVJim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    macs-smokes:
    My Father Le Bejou from my Noobie trade/bomb... sorry on pic but nubbed it. Great smoke thanks Mr. Mike.

If you already don't know, there is a great deal right now on ccom for a box of 10 LE of these.... just sayin...
    No pics, but #40 and #41 were smoked this afternoon. First was a Zino Classic from Gray. Really enjoyed this one. Thanks again! Next, I lit up a Tat Baby Face from Trident. Not sure how I held out smoking this for so long. Truly delicious. Thanks man!
    Thank goodness I have another one of these. This one from the shizz.
    Thanks Jim!
    Before the storm hit, I lit up #42 courtesy of Gray. An AVO XO that really hit the spot. Thanks again bro! IMAG0174
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    SleevePlz:
    Before the storm hit, I lit up #42 courtesy of Gray. An AVO XO that really hit the spot. Thanks again bro! IMAG0174
    great stick!! IMO closest to cubanesque
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    Lee.mcglynn:
    SleevePlz:
    And that means the XO is next on my list.
    What a killer stick. Thanks Brian!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    I had the privelege of getting together with EDH (Big Ed) yesterday and he gifted me a cigar I had'nt ever tried or even heard of.. The Room 101 Big Delicious or "Big D" as I now like to call it.. Fantastic cigar!! Like an OSOK on steroids!! Thanks Ed,,,,,, Wunderbar!!!
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    Lee just destroyed my wish list and this was the one I was looking the hardest for. It did not disappoint. Thanks brother, this is an amazing smoke.
    ehehat:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    SleevePlz:
    And that means the XO is next on my list.
    Great, glad it was good! I really enjoy those
    I lit up the oldest cigar in my humidor today for #43. A HdM from '99 that I received from Dan at a scotch night last year. Thanks again bro! IMAG0175
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    2 cigar night for me......smoking my first Padron cigar from Martel from a movie winnings. Thanks man! photo 26DB5084-8BC3-4CCE-B57A-A285F541623B-1011-0000013855F4A15A_zpsced6c4f0.jpg
    man, what a cigar! I keep saying more...my fingers say no. Thanks for my first ABBM Gordon. It wont be the last.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Glad you enjoyed it. I had one early on in my smoking career and didn't care much for it. Thankfully I picked up a 5er recently and revisited. I really liked the last one I had. Even my neighbor said "man that smells good."
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    brianetz1:
    2 cigar night for me......smoking my first Padron cigar from Martel from a movie winnings. Thanks man! photo 26DB5084-8BC3-4CCE-B57A-A285F541623B-1011-0000013855F4A15A_zpsced6c4f0.jpg
    Those maduro corticos are tiny little bits of happiness in my book. They're tasty, but it took me some time to balance the draw rate on them-they are easy to smoke too fast and get bitter if you do. Hope you enjoyed, brian.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Martel:
    brianetz1:
    Those maduro corticos are tiny little bits of happiness in my book. They're tasty, but it took me some time to balance the draw rate on them-they are easy to smoke too fast and get bitter if you do. Hope you enjoyed, brian.
    This was my first attempt at such a small cigar. It was very interesting trying to smoke it slow, draw correctly and keep it lit. I was never a cigarette smoker, so the drawing thing was an issue......i was trying to draw like a larger ring gauge and it wasn't going to well, so i stopped drawing to hard and that helped a little, but still was interesting to smoke. I smoked it down to the little ity bitty nub though because it was tasty.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    brianetz1:
    Martel:
    brianetz1:
    This was my first attempt at such a small cigar. It was very interesting trying to smoke it slow, draw correctly and keep it lit. I was never a cigarette smoker, so the drawing thing was an issue......i was trying to draw like a larger ring gauge and it wasn't going to well, so i stopped drawing to hard and that helped a little, but still was interesting to smoke. I smoked it down to the little ity bitty nub though because it was tasty.

Yeah, I never did cigarettes, either. I found, like you did, that it wasn't so much frequency of draw as it was drawing very gently. Glad you found it nub worthy. I usually do, too. This post made me look. I'm down to one! May have to make an emergency run to the B&M. But that's a dangerous proposition.