Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The Young Gun - Revealed

bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
Alright guys,
Here is a long story, somewhat condensed, and I will try to tell it as I remember it.

A long lost brother came back, in April 2011, to the forum after an absense of some time. A question was posed by said brother, "Who is My Steed?", that's right Mr. Alex Williams, the prodigal Unibomber, has come back to Cigar.com.

In answer to his question, the vocal majority pointed fingers at RCY and myself. I was fine with it as I never bombed for recognition; it was always for my fun and enjoyment.

Shortly after I get a PM from a brother stationed in Germany wanting to know if I could help him on a little project; code name BOMB ALEX WILLIAMS. Who am I to say no to a little bombing? Of course, I wanted to add a little more to the game in honor of the Unibomber so I tried to start a Vets vs. Noob "conflict", didn't work out too well but just good enough to give me an idea.

The Young Gun was born by a veteran and a "noob". When I discussed this with Rick, I pretty much let him know that you guys are a smart little bunch and he would be pegged pretty quickly as TYG. The other thing I figured is that I wouldn't be found out.

We then proceeded to bomb the living daylights out of Alex Williams after getting his NEW, UNTOUCHABLE address from a very good friend of mine who will remain anonymous. I am sure you all remember the bomb..........if not, maybe someone can post a link to it.

After a few more bombs people PMd TYG wanting to be part of the devastation, skweekz, so I gave him the ultimate test, the Sniper. Nice hit Mike, but I knew you would be doomed from the start, however, if you did succeed, I did have big plans for you.

After a lull in the "game" granneja, Jesse, came along new to the boards so I knew he could have free reign in sending packages from his place and no one would know from who or where they were coming from. Thanks so much Jesse for jump starting TYG to the next level.

After some fun, it has to come to an end. Life has gotten very busy for me and I just didn't have the time to do it much over the next few months and didn't want it to fade away, I felt you guys should know "the identity".

I don't want "retribution" or anything like that, I just wanted to let everyone here have a little fun as it seemed like the boards at times were getting a little intense.

If you really feel the need to get retribution, please make a donation to the Troops via JSnake in care of The Young Gun, as those are the guys and gals that truly deserve any and all recognition for all they do.

In short, RCY Cigars and I, Bandyt09, have always been The Young Gun and behind the game the whole time. I do thank everyone that helped and everyone that got hit. You all made it very fun and way better than I had ever expected.

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Well played brothers :o)
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I knew it was either you or Rick but not both. Well donedone
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Knew it!!! When I spoke with Rick a while back when TYG was new, I pegged his A S S!!!

Good one fellas, good one!!!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    well... I had no idea... well played Gents!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Actually, I will say that one person did nail me with the Alex Williams bomb and that was lcpleel.
    dennisking:
    Dennis, just curious, how did you get a feeling that it was me? I pegged the Joker from a gut feeling so I can totally go with that explanation, but if it is different, let me in on it. Thanks
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    MTuccelli:
    Well played brothers :o)
    +1 great job boys
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Pretty cool. Maybe someday The Young Gun will be reborn much like the Lone Ranger.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    bandyt09:
    Alright guys,
    Here is a long story, somewhat condensed, and I will try to tell it as I remember it.

A long lost brother came back, in April 2011, to the forum after an absense of some time. A question was posed by said brother, "Who is My Steed?", that's right Mr. Alex Williams, the prodigal Unibomber, has come back to Cigar.com.

In answer to his question, the vocal majority pointed fingers at RCY and myself. I was fine with it as I never bombed for recognition; it was always for my fun and enjoyment.

Shortly after I get a PM from a brother stationed in Germany wanting to know if I could help him on a little project; code name BOMB ALEX WILLIAMS. Who am I to say no to a little bombing? Of course, I wanted to add a little more to the game in honor of the Unibomber so I tried to start a Vets vs. Noob "conflict", didn't work out too well but just good enough to give me an idea.

The Young Gun was born by a veteran and a "noob". When I discussed this with Rick, I pretty much let him know that you guys are a smart little bunch and he would be pegged pretty quickly as TYG. The other thing I figured is that I wouldn't be found out.

We then proceeded to bomb the living daylights out of Alex Williams after getting his NEW, UNTOUCHABLE address from a very good friend of mine who will remain anonymous. I am sure you all remember the bomb..........if not, maybe someone can post a link to it.

After a few more bombs people PMd TYG wanting to be part of the devastation, skweekz, so I gave him the ultimate test, the Sniper. Nice hit Mike, but I knew you would be doomed from the start, however, if you did succeed, I did have big plans for you.

After a lull in the "game" granneja, Jesse, came along new to the boards so I knew he could have free reign in sending packages from his place and no one would know from who or where they were coming from. Thanks so much Jesse for jump starting TYG to the next level.

After some fun, it has to come to an end. Life has gotten very busy for me and I just didn't have the time to do it much over the next few months and didn't want it to fade away, I felt you guys should know "the identity".

I don't want "retribution" or anything like that, I just wanted to let everyone here have a little fun as it seemed like the boards at times were getting a little intense.

If you really feel the need to get retribution, please make a donation to the Troops via JSnake in care of The Young Gun, as those are the guys and gals that truly deserve any and all recognition for all they do.

In short, RCY Cigars and I, Bandyt09, have always been The Young Gun and behind the game the whole time. I do thank everyone that helped and everyone that got hit. You all made it very fun and way better than I had ever expected.
    I brought RCY in for questioning but he passed the poly, so I then was all over Granneja and I thought he was the mastermind, ahhhh now I see it's you,, very well played indeed....Ohhhhhhhhhh Hmmmmmmmmm I know what you both need!!!!! to be cont---
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    bandyt09:
    Actually, I will say that one person did nail me with the Alex Williams bomb and that was lcpleel.
    Was too easy. By the type of bombs that flew it was a no brainer. I talked to you and Rick long enough to figure things out. But I must say you guys are key players on the forum and you both will always be remembered. Well played BOrKs!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    zeebra:
    Knew it!!! When I spoke with Rick a while back when TYG was new, I pegged his A S S!!!

Man the whole Granneja thing totally worked. Brilliant!!! One more question who was doing the posting under the Young Gun .. was it one of you,, all of you,, did you all have his uid and psw???
    The Kid:
    zeebra:

Man the whole Granneja thing totally worked. Brilliant!!! One more question who was doing the posting under the Young Gun .. was it one of you,, all of you,, did you all have his uid and psw???
    Depending on the thread, it was mostly me but granneja started the Slinging thread, I just took it over. Since RCY, Granneja and myself all had access to TYG account I'm not sure what posting the other two did, maybe Rick and Jesse can chime in on it.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    what happened to alex williams??? havent herd from him in months
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Well, WOW! Just - - WOW!!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Awesome job fellas. It was great to watch it unfold.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    You have had multiple roles this year!! A job well done by a master of disguises!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Dang! I love seeing the creativity that members around here have. Way to go guys!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Very nicely done

Now who in the hell is The Joker and The Whale?
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    bandyt09:
    Alright guys,

The gig is up, the gig is up, lol.

Well, now you all know the truth. But first, let me answer some questions. Why would I want to bomb Alex Williams? Bandyt09 will vouch for me on this and others that were in the forum during that time. It wasn't to try and be top dog or in this case, top bomber. Alex, as delicate as I can put this. Was having a little occupied with life crisis and I wanted to cheer him up a little. The icing on the cake would be that he would know it was from us. But the forum would think it was TYG. How did he bomb the best of the best.

Yes, Zeebra, lcpleel, The Kid, BigT06 and James40 all confronted me about it. I kept my innocense by saying the very first package came out of Cali, when I was in Germany. How could I be part of that? I continued to bomb individuals myself to throw you of my trail. But, these guys did spot check me. I have to give a big I'm Sorry to Mike(MTuccelli). Because he really wanted to get TYG. And we talk almost everyday.

I'm really hoping you guys don't punch us around. But if you feel the need too. Take it out on Jsnake's mailbox by donating for The Troops. Trust me, those guys will be very happy and they are more deserving of it. Lakota72, DopeyFerree, DustoffDan and myself along with about 7others that are not in the forum. All were a part of a Troops Bombing that Jsnake and the guys in the forum put together. That's why we are here and here to stay. CCOM forum members are unmatched in my opinion. There are some other good forums out there. That may be just as good. But this is home for me.

Lastly, I don't bomb people just because I can. Anyone can do that. If you talk to me through PM's. And I'm not talking once or twice. I mean you really want to get to know a person. Then yes, you just put a target on your back. Meaning, I'm going to send you a nice friendly package of stuff that you either like or want to try. If I have it. Everything I send out, comes out of my cabinet or coolidor. I messed up by taking that picture and got PM's from a few that busted me for having the cabinet and coolidor. Anyway, I also bomb when we know someone has hit a rough patch. You may see regulars from JJ, MTuccelli, Jcizzle when he's on here and I would love to say lclpleel, lol. But that's just because we always communicate and try sharing some old and new stuff. Communication is the key. Oh and every now and then I will get someone for talking smack on one of my threads. Not all the time, but sometimes, PsychoSJG, lol.

bandyt09:
    dennisking:
    Dennis, just curious, how did you get a feeling that it was me? I pegged the Joker from a gut feeling so I can totally go with that explanation, but if it is different, let me in on it. Thanks
    comparing sticks that were sent with the same sticks I had seen others get. Also, a newbie wouldn't read a bio to see what sticks someone liked and then send those. The weird part was, when I got hit, neither you or Rick responded to my bomb post which I thought odd because Rick responds to almost all bomb posts. When I get past the stage in life of having 3 kids with one income, I'm gonna blow some peeps up for fun. I can't wait.
    Rick, I'm just waiting for the right thing to come my way and you're getting destroyed. I just need the last peice of the puzzle.
    dennisking:
    bandyt09:
    dennisking:
    comparing sticks that were sent with the same sticks I had seen others get. Also, a newbie wouldn't read a bio to see what sticks someone liked and then send those. The weird part was, when I got hit, neither you or Rick responded to my bomb post which I thought odd because Rick responds to almost all bomb posts. When I get past the stage in life of having 3 kids with one income, I'm gonna blow some peeps up for fun. I can't wait.

Your Mr.Professional, you should have known you were going to be a target. As for your post, I messed up on that. That was in the early stages. We were trying to figure out how we would do things back then. Get your blog going Dennis, we miss you driving those nice cars and trucks...

dennisking:
    Rick, I'm just waiting for the right thing to come my way and you're getting destroyed. I just need the last peice of the puzzle.

Your like my hero, I can't drive nice cars like that every day. I sent you cigars out of respect and being your biggest Fan. You can't do that to your Fans. That's unheard of :)....

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Well played gentlemen, well played!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Nicely done fellas.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    JudoChinX:
    Dang! I love seeing the creativity that members around here have. Way to go guys!
    Agreed, this was nicely played.....
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Damn. Its Over??? Its really over??? It was a blast reading all of the comments. I always looked forward to the "slinging bullets" thread. I am going to miss the drama. Good job fellas. If TYG ever returns, I want in.
    dennisking:
    bandyt09:
    dennisking:
    Dennis, that is one of the clues that I sent out. Seriously, how many people have enough Monte Platinums to send out to multiple guys. I figured if I put them in TYG packages and Bandyt09 bombs then I would at least get called on it or a PM. Of course, I would have blamed one of my SoCal brothers for raiding my stash but that have made an interesting story line also.
    greg2648:
    Damn. Its Over??? Its really over??? It was a blast reading all of the comments. I always looked forward to the "slinging bullets" thread. I am going to miss the drama. Good job fellas. If TYG ever returns, I want in.
    Yes Greg, the Young Gun has slung his last bullets, most of which should hit today. However, if he does return it will probably be as The Old Fart......................
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Just goes to show gents...nothing is what it seems. I agree 110% with the brothers when it was said " well played".