Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

My Father 2010 Limited Edition

Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
I was looking for 2 or 3 of these, PM me and we can try and work something out for them.

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Or does anyone have any My Father El Hijos?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    PM sent... this is just informational though... I don't have any to trade...
    robbyras:
    PM sent... this is just informational though... I don't have any to trade...
    Appreciated, back 2 ya
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    Out of curiosity, CI.com has a 3-pk My Father SE sampler on sale for $19.95 - does anybody know anything about these?

The My Father Special Edition Sampler Box includes:
    3 - My Father Special Edition Robusto (5" x 50)
    jasonusa1:
    Out of curiosity, CI.com has a 3-pk My Father SE sampler on sale for $19.95 - does anybody know anything about these?

They are the original MF blend but in a new "Special Robusto" size, 5x50 instead of the #1 which is 5.2 x 52
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    jasonusa1:

They are the original MF blend but in a new "Special Robusto" size, 5x50 instead of the #1 which is 5.2 x 52
    PM to you Shaun.
    All PMs Replied...still looking for an El Hijo that someone would part with :)
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Shaun, maybe you should wait a couple of days and then check your mailbox......
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    bandyt09:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    He meant wait a couple days, and then check where your mailbox WAS... lol
    BigT06:
    bandyt09:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    He meant wait a couple days, and then check where your mailbox WAS... lol
    Ohh schitt, hopefully the excitement dulls the pain!!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    jasonusa1:

Event only cigar, based on the El Centurian blend actually (even has a similar band)... Supposed to be reallllly good.
    docbp87:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    jasonusa1:

Event only cigar, based on the El Centurian blend actually (even has a similar band)... Supposed to be reallllly good.
    Boy am I glad I am slmost sitting on a box of these then........only need 6 more, hmmmmm...............................
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    bandyt09:
    docbp87:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    jasonusa1:

Boy am I glad I am slmost sitting on a box of these then........only need 6 more, hmmmmm...............................
    LOL nicely done Todd! Wish I could have picked up that 3 pack box... Ah the joys of being poor lol
    bandyt09:
    docbp87:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    jasonusa1:

12 are in-transit to me...YUM!
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    I'm not gonna lie...I got 2 boxes as well. Very excited.
    CvilleE:
    Two boxes or two 3 packs? Since DPG packages the My Father series in 23 count boxes I am just curious if you are as big a MF whore as I am because 46 of those bad boys would be awesome. Having 17 of them I am pretty stoked but 46, out of control brother...........
    bandyt09:
    CvilleE:
    Two boxes or two 3 packs? Since DPG packages the My Father series in 23 count boxes I am just curious if you are as big a MF whore as I am because 46 of those bad boys would be awesome. Having 17 of them I am pretty stoked but 46, out of control brother...........
    lol...I got 2 boxes of the 3 packs (that's what the special was, box of 3 cigars)...so 6 cigars....wish I could afford 2 boxes of 23....I would be living alone if I decided to pull a stunt like that though....lol
    CvilleE:
    bandyt09:
    CvilleE:
    lol...I got 2 boxes of the 3 packs (that's what the special was, box of 3 cigars)...so 6 cigars....wish I could afford 2 boxes of 23....I would be living alone if I decided to pull a stunt like that though....lol
    Haha, I hear ya on that brother. So I guess I need a history lesson on this cigar...it isn't based on the original MF blend and just a special size?...it is based on another cigar?
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    CvilleE:
    bandyt09:
    CvilleE:
    Haha, I hear ya on that brother. So I guess I need a history lesson on this cigar...it isn't based on the original MF blend and just a special size?...it is based on another cigar?
    I thought it is the same as the MF 2010 Blend, just made in the special size....I could be wrong though.
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    It is my understanding that the El Centurion was the original "Pepin" blend. Most say that the Special is a remake of that blend, but even the VP Jose Ortega can't say for sure (he believes it is). It is not the same as the MF LE (10 or 11). These LE's have a wrapper grown on an Oliva farm specifically for Pepin. Just a side note for those who aren't familiar, the 2010's are bundled by Jaime and the wrapper was put on by Pepin. The 2011's are suppose to be the same blend, but they are not assembled by father and son. In any case, they are all very tasty............
    spindrift:
    It is my understanding that the El Centurion was the original "Pepin" blend. Most say that the Special is a remake of that blend, but even the VP Jose Ortega can't say for sure (he believes it is). It is not the same as the MF LE (10 or 11). These LE's have a wrapper grown on an Oliva farm specifically for Pepin. Just a side note for those who aren't familiar, the 2010's are bundled by Jaime and the wrapper was put on by Pepin. The 2011's are suppose to be the same blend, but they are not assembled by father and son. In any case, they are all very tasty............
    Sounds good. I got one gifted to me the other week and it has a different band than the one in the cigar.com...does anyone have the original banded ones or are they all the new ones with the big 'S' on them?
    The original MF El Centurian has a "C" on the band and is very similar to the Special band with that "C" in place of the "S". As far as the band shown on some internet sites for the Special I have not seen one with that band, though none of mine are from any of those sites showing that band. Perhaps another BOTL can confirm the variation.
    spindrift:
    The original MF El Centurian has a "C" on the band and is very similar to the Special band with that "C" in place of the "S". As far as the band shown on some internet sites for the Special I have not seen one with that band, though none of mine are from any of those sites showing that band. Perhaps another BOTL can confirm the variation.
    Does the 3pack here on Ccom have the C or the S?
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    This one isn't listed on ccom yet, and it has an S on the band.
    CvilleE:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Ahh, yeah I meant the one on the regular MF page where it shows the bonus 3 pack. Where can someone get one of the C ones?...only trade shows?
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    CvilleE:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Ahh, yeah I meant the one on the regular MF page where it shows the bonus 3 pack. Where can someone get one of the C ones?...only trade shows?
    Forgot about those, but yeah they appear to be the same ones....
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    CvilleE:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Good Luck. It will be difficult to get someone to part with an El Centurion I think. But you never know. They have not been produced in years (except for the Special that is).....
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    CvilleE:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Good Luck. It will be difficult to get someone to part with an El Centurion I think. But you never know. They have not been produced in years (except for the Special that is).....
    I see them available on Ccom right now...am I missing something?
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    CvilleE:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    I see them available on Ccom right now...am I missing something?

These?

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-MFBASST5

Or am I missing something as well?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    he's talking about the Special S... the 3 stick pack that is a gift if you buy a box...

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=787

you can purchase them on their own as well... i actually has some arrive a few days ago...

2011-11-14_12-38-11_571