Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

My Father 2010 Limited Edition

2»

Comments

• jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    Ahhh.. ok that clears it up. Where on ccom can you buy just these? Or do I have to call? I saw them on sale at ci.com the other day but by the time I went back to buy some they were gone.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    contact your rep... I emailed Tim and he set it up for me... not sure what the stock is like though...
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    jasonusa1:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    CvilleE:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    The original MF El Centurian has a "C" on the band and is very similar to the Special band with that "C" in place of the "S". As far as the band shown on some internet sites for the Special I have not seen one with that band, though none of mine are from any of those sites showing that band. Perhaps another BOTL can confirm the variation.
    Does the 3pack here on Ccom have the C or the S?
    This one isn't listed on ccom yet, and it has an S on the band.
    Ahh, yeah I meant the one on the regular MF page where it shows the bonus 3 pack. Where can someone get one of the C ones?...only trade shows?
    Good Luck. It will be difficult to get someone to part with an El Centurion I think. But you never know. They have not been produced in years (except for the Special that is).....
    I see them available on Ccom right now...am I missing something?

These?

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-MFBASST5

Or am I missing something as well?
    Well I think there is some confusion here. MF made a Special Robusto 'C', that coincides with the Gurkha Centurian(not sure, haven't even heard of this smoke)...the NEW MF Special Robusto 'S' I am not sure what it coincides with(and is part of the 3pack sampler on the My Father page)...and for the link you posted I think those are the original MF blend, just in a 5pack special sampler. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Again, has anyone seen these with the different S band that is in the traditional MF band shape and not the plain white one?...is this the same stick with a new/old band? I will try and post a pic tonight
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Again, has anyone seen these with the different S band that is in the traditional MF band shape and not the plain white one?...is this the same stick with a new/old band? I will try and post a pic tonight
    /// Shaun, the El Centurion was produced in 2007. It has a "C" on the band (hard to find). I believe late 2010, the Special appeared with an "S" on the band (like the one you have...). These two have similar bands, one with a "C" and one with an "S". Rob has confirmed that the Special has a new band. I have only seen it on some sites. I cannot confirm if there has been a blend change or if they taste similar because all the ones I have are banded with the large "S". The 3 pack box is different as well.
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    /// Shaun, the El Centurion was produced in 2007. It has a "C" on the band (hard to find). I believe late 2010, the Special appeared with an "S" on the band (like the one you have...). These two have similar bands, one with a "C" and one with an "S". Rob has confirmed that the Special has a new band. I have only seen it on some sites. I cannot confirm if there has been a blend change or if they taste similar because all the ones I have are banded with the large "S". The 3 pack box is different as well.
    check out the "What Did You Get Today" thread... bandyt09 got some of the S's the other day, both band types... I asked him the same question when I saw them (I wasn't aware this convo was going on) and he said that he thinks they are the same, just different bands... and he is the resident My Father Whore
    spindrift:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Thanks for the clear-up spindrift. It all makes sense now. Hopefully they are the same blend, I will check the wrappers when I go home tonight
    I got my end of the trade from Smoke em if you got em, damn this brother packs a punch!!
    MF El Hijo, Perdomo Habano Maduro, Cain Daytona, EP Carrillo, Padilla 68, Ccom Purple Label, and an AF Short Story...all great smokes, thanks brother!!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I got my end of the trade from Smoke em if you got em, damn this brother packs a punch!!
    MF El Hijo, Perdomo Habano Maduro, Cain Daytona, EP Carrillo, Padilla 68, Ccom Purple Label, and an AF Short Story...all great smokes, thanks brother!!
    No problem...you gotta pretty nice jab yourself. MF Robusto Special Edition, Ccom red and cameroon label, 2 1844's, Nica Libre, 601, and an AJ fresh rolled..well done brother. Nice trading with you.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    is this the El Centurion that you guys are talking about? image

That's the one...Not to be confused with the Gurkha Centurion...Shaun will be on a hunt now.....
    Oh, and nice picture.....
    funny thing is I had no idea what this thing was when i was smoking it.... and I honestly dont remember who i got it from but it was from ccom forum. the smoke was a great smelling smoke. the flavor was a solid med. overall a good smoke.
    smoke looks great... traffic looks like sh!t
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    lcpleel:

That is the El Centurion that I sent you right?
    90+ Irishman:
    lcpleel:

That is the El Centurion that I sent you right?
    Must be LOL. My cameras been in the fix for a while.
    I just got a box of these...thanks **** ***** :)
    And a box of 11's as well in the same week? Well done.
    jasonusa1:
    Yes sir, those will make for some nice pics next week
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    I was wondering about the 3packs myself. My rep did not really have a good understanding of what they were. But, said rep was kind enough to provide me with some.
    Did you get the ones in the red box or the white one?...aka: do they have the big "S" on them or the little "s"?
    So wich year has the "C"?
    Those were the original, Paul-"the El Centurion was produced in 2007. It has a "C" on the band (hard to find). I believe late 2010, the Special appeared with an "S" on the band(the red box)(like the one you have...). These two have similar bands, one with a "C" and one with an "S". Rob has confirmed that the Special has a new band(the white box). I have only seen it on some sites. I cannot confirm if there has been a blend change or if they taste similar because all the ones I have are banded with the large "S". The 3 pack box is different as well. " The new white box Special Robustos Ccom sells are different than the red box Special Robustos that exist at other vendors...the red one is claimed to be based off of the El Centurion blend and is preferred from the BotL I know who have smoked them both.
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Did you get the ones in the red box or the white one?...aka: do they have the big "S" on them or the little "s"?
    ==>The one in my avi is the red one, the one based off of the El Cent...the white one can be found on Ccoms website under the my father boxes...its the free 3pack
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Mine have the S and came in the white box....as previously mentioned by some other BOTLs are quite good. So if the Red Box ones are based on the Centurian blend then what is the White Box S Robustos blend? Rep seemed to thing they are dif than the MF original blend but was not sure.
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    jasonusa1:
    Yes sir, those will make for some nice pics next week
    <--- semi-jealous. Can't wait to see the pics.
    dowjr1:
    Mine have the S and came in the white box....as previously mentioned by some other BOTLs are quite good. So if the Red Box ones are based on the Centurian blend then what is the White Box S Robustos blend? Rep seemed to thing they are dif than the MF original blend but was not sure.
    Not sure what the new white ones are based off of, the red ones are 99% sure based off of the El Cent. They probably rab out of the red blend or it is a hybrid of part red blend and something new...the wrapper is different as well between the red and white ones
    Just to note: I was informed by a VP that the big S and the small s banded sticks are different. No info was given (trade secret) about the difference. I have had many (10-12) of the large S event special and it is special. I have had only one of the small s (thanx Shauan) and they need time (IMHO). They are not as flavorful as the large S, but are a decent stick (not sure of the price point because it was gifted).