Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Help a Girl out :)

VenusDePsychoVenusDePsycho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
Hey guys

Trying to find a Perdomo Immenso for my boyfriend for his birthday. I don't really want to spend the 35 dollars on the box of ten over at cigars international unless I know he's gonna like them. Anyone who could help me out by sending my way would save the day here :) I'm guessing you probably won't wanna trade cigars with me since I smoke CAO moontrance but I would be willing to pay for one immenso. Hopefully I get some help. Thanks guys!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Well, welcome to the forum.

I don't have any of those, but I did want to drop in and just give you a little heads up. In general, it's a good idea to introduce yourself and give people a chance to get to know you, and you them, before asking for a trade/transaction. I for one am generally more comfortable dealing with people I've interacted with. Hope you'll stick around.
  • VenusDePsychoVenusDePsycho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
    Makes sense there are alot of scams online. Well I'll make an attempt at introducing myself without boring anyone :) I'm 21 started smoking cigars last year thanks to my boyfriend and I've gotten hooked. Favorite cigar is the CAO moondance flavor, which sadly to get in anything but a really fat cigar I have to go an hour away. Went to school for graphic design but found out it wasn't for me. Not trying to be abrupt when asking for this transaction or trade, just hoping someone out there has better access to cigars than I do living in Nebraska.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    There ya go...and just to clear the air, I didn't want to come off as implying you were scamming or anything of that nature.

In your case, I'd really recommend shooting an email to one of the fine reps here at cigar.com and working with them to maybe set you up with something. service@cigar.com always works.
    Oh of course not! lol I'm glad for the advice I'm new so not really sure what the proper etiquette is for this I'll give that a shot and see if I can pull this off..lol looking for best girlfriend ever points :)
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Ooo Ooo! Hey guys I'm new here, and heard that in the cigar community, sometimes dudes "bomb" other smokers with free smokes, as a fun way of messing with each other, and showing appreciation friendship, good will, and even for fun, within the community of cigar smokers. Can I get my free cigars now?
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    docbp87:
    Ooo Ooo! Hey guys I'm new here, and heard that in the cigar community, sometimes dudes "bomb" other smokers with free smokes, as a fun way of messing with each other, and showing appreciation friendship, good will, and even for fun, within the community of cigar smokers. Can I get my free cigars now?
    LOL!!!
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Making a trade with some one is going to cost you $5 to ship and is going to cost the person $5 to ship to you for a $5 cigar. Better off just purchasing one online or a cigar store near you. Think its a waste of money to be honest.

On top of that, you have specified the exact cigar your BF wants, so it looks like he likes them already...$35 for a pack of 10 is cheap for cigars IMO.

Welcome to the forum btw..
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    I'm from Omaha. What part of Nebraska are you from?
    I'm in Lincoln
    He likes the look of them, if you haven't seen them the perdomo immenso is a huge cigar with a picture of an old woman smoking one. He doesn't know if he'll like the taste. I'd love to find a cigar store that sold them near me, save me a lot of time and money. As I'm new to this I just don't know if I can gamble 35 dollars on something I'm not sure of.

and Thank you
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Gamble $35? ouch...
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Diamondog:
    Gamble $35? ouch...
    lol
    Yeah I know it doesn't sound like much but I live alone, work at a job that's been giving me only 15 to 20 hours a weeks lately, am paying back student loans, and was hoping to have this be in addition to other things not the only present. Sorry for sounding like I'm whining just clarifying why I'm hesitant to spend 40 on something that might taste terrible.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Just thought Id mention that I gave my girl an Immenso and she loved it.. She tried to smoke the whole thing but it was just too much for her.. But at least she tried.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    The Kid:
    Just thought Id mention that I gave my girl an Immenso and she loved it.. She tried to smoke the whole thing but it was just too much for her.. But at least she tried.
    REALLY, JUST REALLY, , you gotta get one of those that look like the one of the label thats been around a block or two,LMFAO
    Thanks for the feedback, I've heard alot of mixed reviews about it. Makes me feel better about getting him one when I hear it's actually good, not just a novelty Just wondering were you able to get yours at a store or did you buy online?
    VenusDePsycho:
    Thanks for the feedback, I've heard alot of mixed reviews about it. Makes me feel better about getting him one when I hear it's actually good, not just a novelty Just wondering were you able to get yours at a store or did you buy online?
    It was gifted
    Darnit lol I'm gonna end up having to buy a box from cigars international aren't I.....
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    VenusDePsycho:
    Darnit lol I'm gonna end up having to buy a box from cigars international aren't I.....
    I don't have a Perdomo Immenso, However, if you PM me your info I will send you a 5 pack of cigars that he will enjoy. Up to you.
    Really? Wow Thank you so much I'll get on that right away and as soon as I have anything worth gifting I'll gladly hit you back :)
    VenusDePsycho:
    Really? Wow Thank you so much I'll get on that right away and as soon as I have anything worth gifting I'll gladly hit you back :)
    No re-gift neccessary.
    I'm amazed at the generosity :) Very sweet of you. Thanks!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Greg , are you a member of Congress and get the Franking privilege? Wait, I know, yer the freakin Postmaster General!
    Direwolf:
    Greg , are you a member of Congress and get the Franking privilege? Wait, I know, yer the freakin Postmaster General!
    Hahahahahahaha. Just trying to spread the love. Any one of you guys would have done it for her. It just happened to be me this time. I have been the beneficiary of generosity so many times, I can count.
    greg2648:
    Direwolf:
    Hahahahahahaha. Just trying to spread the love. Any one of you guys would have done it for her. It just happened to be me this time. I have been the beneficiary of generosity so many times, I can count.
    That's why I love this bar.
    VenusDePsycho:
    I'm amazed at the generosity :) Very sweet of you. Thanks!
    Yes Greg very sweet of you!!!Rebecca do you have any pics of your work, would love to see some of your special effects art
    I have a few pictures up here http://blueyes09.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0 If you will just forgive and ignore the rest of the pictures in which I think I can draw lol. I have more on my facebook which if you look for me just look for Becky or Rebecca Kahrs. I wish I'd have taken more from the zombiewalk.. I've done makeup for them for a couple of years. Also have had the opportunity to help out with several haunted houses and will be doing makeup for a local horror movie this spring. I've been blessed with some great opportunities
    VenusDePsycho:
    I have a few pictures up here http://blueyes09.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0 If you will just forgive and ignore the rest of the pictures in which I think I can draw lol. I have more on my facebook which if you look for me just look for Becky or Rebecca Kahrs. I wish I'd have taken more from the zombiewalk.. I've done makeup for them for a couple of years. Also have had the opportunity to help out with several haunted houses and will be doing makeup for a local horror movie this spring. I've been blessed with some great opportunities
    WOW,,Thanks for sharing that!!,, I enjoyed viewing those,,Although I didnt take the time to view all of them.. That Zombie walk looks like a bunch of fun! Thanks again..BTW the makup work was killer!!!
    Love the Jack Skellington
    Thanks :) I miss drawing with sharpies... I need to start doing that again