Home Non Cigar Related

New Gun

2»

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    That's awesome Gray, those are great guns and I really enjoy shooting them, also a great first handgun too!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    90+ Irishman:
    That's awesome Gray, those are great guns and I really enjoy shooting them, also a great first handgun too!
    It was between this, Glock 19, and M&P. I had shot this one before and really like the grip and weight of the gun. I see how this can be a hobby just as consuming as cigars! (and whiskey). Lots to learn, and yes always safety first.

Really excited to shoot at the range! Gonna practice a little bit, get comfortable with it, and hopefully take a class or two and get a permit by summer.
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    It was between this, Glock 19, and M&P. I had shot this one before and really like the grip and weight of the gun. I see how this can be a hobby just as consuming as cigars! (and whiskey). Lots to learn, and yes always safety first.

Really excited to shoot at the range! Gonna practice a little bit, get comfortable with it, and hopefully take a class or two and get a permit by summer.
    Congrats Gray. I haven't been to the range in a while. The one I used to frequent burned down. Thankfully a new one is opening right near my house so I imagine I'll hit that up quite often. Definitely addictive!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    I have a XDs in a .45. My little CC, love that little thing.

• StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    firetruckguy:

What sights are you using? I had TFOs put on mine...luv'em!
    Stubble:
    firetruckguy:

What sights are you using? I had TFOs put on mine...luv'em!
    Stock for now, I im going to look into HiVis when its time to change them.
    firetruckguy:

Big bullet in a little gun! I heard those were great. I liked the bigger size of the M. I can see growing the collection in the future and grabbing one of the XdS's too
    I didn't want to clog up the what'd you get today threads. But I found a pretty good deal at Cabela's on these guys (with the can)! Dunno if it'd make a better ammo storage or herfador. image
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Gray4lines:
    I didn't want to clog up the what'd you get today threads. But I found a pretty good deal at Cabela's on these guys (with the can)! Dunno if it'd make a better ammo storage or herfador. image
    Sweet. Had to check out the website for these. Might have to head out there later.
    CharlieHeis:
    Gray4lines:
    Sweet. Had to check out the website for these. Might have to head out there later.
    Wish,we had a local cabelas, but even after tax and shipping (with promo code on the site) it was cheaper than picking up ammo alone anywhere locally or online that I've seen.
    Gray4lines:
    CharlieHeis:
    Gray4lines:
    Wish,we had a local cabelas, but even after tax and shipping (with promo code on the site) it was cheaper than picking up ammo alone anywhere locally or online that I've seen.
    Funny thing, when I was a kid growing up in Sterling Co. my dad used to take me to Cabela's in Sidney Ne. The first Cabela's was in a old 2 story shop in the middle of the old town of Sidney. I remember that the bargain cave was the lower basement of the shop, loved to go down there and see what I could get for the 5 bucks my dad would give me.

Now they have what, 20 some stores across the nation? Kinda cool being in the first one......
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Just Picked up a new gun. S&W M&P Shield 9mm. I needed a smaller carry gun, as in the summer a P228 can get heavy and harder to conceal.

JHewey:
    Just Picked up a new gun. S&W M&P Shield 9mm. I needed a smaller carry gun, as in the summer a P228 can get heavy and harder to conceal.

Cool! I checked out the M&P's before getting my xdm. Nice little gun.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Gray4lines:
    JHewey:

Cool! I checked out the M&P's before getting my xdm. Nice little gun.
    Very cool Justin congrats!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    JHewey:

Nice
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    Nice pistol Justin!
  • The_StigThe_Stig Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    Just bought a Springfeild XD Mod.2 .45 ACP yesterday and shot it today... And I LOVE IT!! It feels awesome in the hand the fiber optic front site is very visible, it tears apart easy and is very accurate, even though it only has a 3.3 inch barrel. I've owned a 9mm XD a few years ago and loved it too, sold it cuz I was dumb with my money then, but as soon as friend showed me the Mod.2 I knew I had to get it!image
    The_Stig:
    Just bought a Springfeild XD Mod.2 .45 ACP yesterday and shot it today... And I LOVE IT!! It feels awesome in the hand the fiber optic front site is very visible, it tears apart easy and is very accurate, even though it only has a 3.3 inch barrel. I've owned a 9mm XD a few years ago and loved it too, sold it cuz I was dumb with my money then, but as soon as friend showed me the Mod.2 I knew I had to get it!image
    Nice rig, Im a XDs .45 fan boy too.
    Cool! I liked the mod 2. Real nice sight on it! I've only had a chance to shoot my xdm once, 100 rds and I'm pretty bad! Lol! Hopefully can practice a lot more.
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    Walther PPQ M2 9mm. No pictures because my husband may wonder why I'm getting my gun out at 9:57 on a Monday. Then again he's sick and feverish tonight so I could probably tell him it was a dream ;) I've had it for a while, but since it took months to get it, I was pregnant by the time it arrived. I've been to the range once with it recently and did pretty well actually. Mike got a S&W M&P (is that right?) 9mm as well.
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    Just ordered up a Winchester sx3 12 gauge for waterfowl hunting. 3.5" chamber and 28" barrel. Ready to slay some ducks and geese.
  • BrianakBrianak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 227
    The wife won a Remington 870 Saturday. Already have two so this one will more than likely get sold.
  • The_StigThe_Stig Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    Gray4lines:
    Cool! I liked the mod 2. Real nice sight on it! I've only had a chance to shoot my xdm once, 100 rds and I'm pretty bad! Lol! Hopefully can practice a lot more.
    Haha, yeah I'm usually not that great when shooting a new gun for the first time, way to excited!! Shooting it again this weekend though and I can't wait!