Home Non Cigar Related

Gym Rats

2»

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    boydmcgowan:
    ENFIDL:
    boydmcgowan:
    if by "rat" you mean working out in my basement before the family wakes up, then count me in. Just me and my boy Petey (my avatar) are up usually and even he looks at me like "don't you have anything better to do?" haha.

I'm all natural though man, no supplements for me except extra helpings of dinner. You know I'm old college rower, and thats the way we did it back then so I just keep on keeping on. Of course I'm not exactly a house either . . . . so I don't know if its working per say . . . . but I'm thin, I gave up along time ago of gaining much weight. Working out keeps my head on straight though, and its always been a huge part of my life.

got your email btw E, I'll fire one back shortly.
    Back then they didn't have supplements! lol you act like you're old brother. I was hoping you'd pop in here. Boyd is a beast fellas! Sounds good. I have a bad feeling you didn't get my last one before that though.....f'in yahoo lol
    LOL, yeah dude not really that old, just very old school I guess.

We definitely kept it old school for the dry land crew workouts. Lots of Circuits, Power lifts, way too many squats, Plyometrics, medicine ball junk, and a lot of time running the hills in the canyon behind campus. I actually miss that canyon these days. Oh yeah, and of course it was crew so way too many hours spent on the Erg . . . . . . watching that little screen . . . . . . .

I obviously don't put in the time I used to in college, but I still try to keep the workouts varied enough that my body never quite gets used to it.
    That's good stuff brother. As busy as you are it's a real testament to how dedicated you are that you still find the time to keep working out which is something that you love
    bandyt09:
    ENFIDL:
    Who all here is a gym rat? I know I'm one. I figured it'd be good to have a thread where we can talk about workouts, supplements, food, etc.
    I am something like a gym rat....gym has has 3 letters and bar has 3 letters and I do 22 ounce curls quite religiously. Good 3 to 4 hour workout 2 to 3 times a week and I am a happy camper. Always workout on the weekends..........
    Todd you sir are a beast! I could totally see the Bandy Gym of Drinking! That could be very profitable. Gotta carry a line of custom shorts though ;)
    Imgembo:
    cmartin:
    I've been lifting for the past 5 years real heavy.I've prob tried almost every supplement out there. Don't take anything crazy now just some whey here and there. Have any of you guys tried crossfit? I've been doing a navy seal type crossfit. The website is sealgrinderpt.com they are about an hour or so everyday. I've had some great results. And my cardio has shot they the roof. All the workouts are different so you don't get bored. I wasn't sold at first but have been doing it for about 3 months and have noticed a huge difference. Always sore the next day. It's a great feeling the day after a hard training session.
    I am going to have to check this out. I am getting real bored with p90x. I cant wait till summer so i can just swim laps in the pool. today i did an ab routine and plan in going on a hike with my girlfriend. It is gourgous today and we both have the day off so i cant be wasting my time working out inside =).
    Man I really tried to get into crossfit but couldn't. That sealgrinder one though looks like it's up my alley. Gonna have to give it a try. Thanks brother!
    jliu:
    ENFIDL:
    jliu:
    me sir. i love working out (mainly lifting weights and doing cardio). reduces stress. makes me have a bigger appetite. it's all good haha
    Yeah man I love the ridiculous appetite I get. Although at times it can be a real PITA lol
    haha for sure. have you experimented with whey protein? i mainly just do whey protein, fish oil pills, and multivitamin (from GNC to be more specific). i cycled off of whey for about 2 months (after using it for about 2 months) to see if it really makes a difference. it didnt... still lifted the same weights, had the same stamina. just felt less..... gassy hahah
    I have. I have found that for me the natural whey protein does wonders for helping my body recover from a hard workout. I usually feel like I'm about to die when I get done in the gym and my post workout shake always picks me back up.
    So here's my own post work-out concoction that I make in a blender:
    8oz skim milk
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey Protein
    5 half moon ice cubes
    1 whole banana
    1 gigantic spoonful of natural peanut butter

• ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Bombay:
    Man this topic took off quick. I am training for a tough mudder in late summer. I have been eyeing some supplements on line and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Hyper shred or Oxy Elite pro? I have recently got back into lifting heavier. I was just doing cardio for a while but that gets boring and with the events in tough mudder I will have to at least have some strength built up.
    oxyelite pro is a supper nice fat burner It will make you fill the jitters for a while though. You pretty much cant in any other sources of caffine if you take it. IF you eat right with it you will get some good results. I would not recommend it for strength training though.
    ENFIDL:
    So here's my own post work-out concoction that I make in a blender:
    8oz skim milk
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey Protein
    5 half moon ice cubes
    1 whole banana
    1 gigantic spoonful of natural peanut butter

i do the same thing only some times now peanut butter and i do strawberries. about 45 min before a work out i do a cup of berries and a whey shake ( usealy ON or the cheapo vita cost whey).
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Imgembo:
    Bombay:
    Man this topic took off quick. I am training for a tough mudder in late summer. I have been eyeing some supplements on line and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Hyper shred or Oxy Elite pro? I have recently got back into lifting heavier. I was just doing cardio for a while but that gets boring and with the events in tough mudder I will have to at least have some strength built up.
    oxyelite pro is a supper nice fat burner It will make you fill the jitters for a while though. You pretty much cant in any other sources of caffine if you take it. IF you eat right with it you will get some good results. I would not recommend it for strength training though.

Yeah i was talking about only using it as a fat burner. I will use other stuff to keep the lean mass going but truth be told I need to drop a few lbs and I was looking for a little help. I know nothing beats a good diet and exercise but hey I aint above a little help.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Bombay:
    Oxy elite pro is a good fat burner. If your stim sensitive stay with one pill they only have 100 grams of caffeine but there potent and it does what it says.
  • cmartincmartin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 130
    No problem Enfidl. I've only seen one where I didn't even attempt to do it. It was a 3 mile run 300 pull ups, 600 push ups and 900 body weight squats and another 3 mile run. It would've taken me forever to do those pull ups.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Ive been serious about my workout since graduating from college. Last summer went to Jamaica and have not been able to get back as serious as I once was. I go two to three times a week were before I lived in the gym. I'm starting the biggest loser cause I need somthing to get me back and focused. My favorite sup at the moment in animal rage it give me the best workout I have to drag mysel out of the gym.
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    I have only been serious about the gym for a little over a year now and i love it. Right now for supplements i take Amino Energy for a pre-work out with M-Stak. With lunch and dinner Orange Triad for a multi and CLA. For shakes i use O.N. Hydro whey for off days and Hydro builder on workout days. Also before bed i take ZMA which i find helps me sleep better and recover.
    musicman3:
    I have only been serious about the gym for a little over a year now and i love it. Right now for supplements i take Amino Energy for a pre-work out with M-Stak. With lunch and dinner Orange Triad for a multi and CLA. For shakes i use O.N. Hydro whey for off days and Hydro builder on workout days. Also before bed i take ZMA which i find helps me sleep better and recover.
    I use to use the amino enrgy too but then i figured i took in so much protein that i could probly cut it out. Cla and fish oils are always good totake.
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    Imgembo:
    musicman3:
    I use to use the amino enrgy too but then i figured i took in so much protein that i could probly cut it out. Cla and fish oils are always good totake.
    I mainly use it for energy. I work long days and when i finally get to the gym i need a little help lol
    musicman3:
    Imgembo:
    musicman3:
    I mainly use it for energy. I work long days and when i finally get to the gym i need a little help lol
    I feel ya there man. Whenever I'm lifting after work I'm almost always dead before I get there. A lil pick me up helps for a great work out.
    Ok so trying out the new supps. I love em! Battle Fuel + Assault had ready to tear the gym apart and I can honestly say it was my best lifting session in years. Combat is a great overnight protein. Great flavor and filling enough to know that I was good but it wasn't overly to the point where it felt like I was stuffed. And the opti-men multi is fantastic as well. This stuff with all my regular stuff, on natural whey, probiotics, fish oil and echinecea complex is so far a great stack for me. Here's to hoping that it continues to be great
  • cmartincmartin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 130
    Assault is awesome. I love that stuff. I was taking jacked till they changed the ingredients and made it Jackie 3d. Gives me nasty headaches now. That reminds me. I've been off it for a while. Guess I'll be putting an order in today.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Not a rat, but I go to the gym every other day, religiously. I play handball. Quickest way to sweat this side of sex. Hell of a game. Can not work the gerbil machines. Just not in me to be a rat on a treadmill. I need a score to make me sweat. Can not do futile lifting. I would rather take a job loading trucks. There has to be a point for me to do it. Need to try and beat the living crap out of somebody, for me to get a workout. That's what scores are for. When my opponent is better than me, all the better. Makes me bear down and play harder. I lose five or six pounds in an hour of handball. Have weighed myself often, and it's pretty consistent.

Sweat like that, shower, and you feel on top of the world.

And as for supplements, as long as a pig died, I'm happy. Dead pig and a beer.
    i haven not been able to get a good work out in the past weak i cant wait till the semester is over so i can good a good solid 3 months of hitting the gym. Might get a chance to play raquet ball after class tonight.
    Can you peeps do me a favor please? Pop over on this link, http://alphahelixusa.com/?ref=4qqyg, and sign up for AlphaHelixUSA's newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time but if I get 20 people to sign up I get a free tshirt. Jay Cutler, not the qb lol, dropped MuscleTech and is now heading up a new supplement company. Pretty stoked about it. Thanks guys!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Been working out since I was about 13, if count playing basketball in high school. I remember at one point when I was 20 I weighed 168 lbs! Fast forward 10 years and I topped out at 248, after a few years of pretty serious lifting. I haven't maintained it, though, but I'm still around 210 and pretty fit. I do a lot of stuff and go through phases, from cross-fit type stuff, lifting, playing basketball, etc. I ran, too, for a few years, did a few marathons and a couple of ultras up to 50 miles. All natural, too, all I take is a multi-vitamin when I can remember to take it. My nutrition is pretty dialed in.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I do weight training and about an hour a week of cardio. Been lifting for about 16 months but took the last month off to rest my shoulder and prepare for the baby.

Stuff I put in my body:
    C4 by Cellucor Pre-workout
    GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Intra-Workout W/Creatine added
    Vitamin Shoppe brand Casein/Whey protein shake post workout and meal supplement.

Chest and Shoulders tomorrow. ABs every other workout
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    ENFIDL:
    Ok so trying out the new supps. I love em! Battle Fuel + Assault had ready to tear the gym apart and I can honestly say it was my best lifting session in years. Combat is a great overnight protein. Great flavor and filling enough to know that I was good but it wasn't overly to the point where it felt like I was stuffed. And the opti-men multi is fantastic as well. This stuff with all my regular stuff, on natural whey, probiotics, fish oil and echinecea complex is so far a great stack for me. Here's to hoping that it continues to be great

I have a bottle of Assault just sitting on a shelf. Love that it has ConCREAT creatine but does little for my. I used Hemo-RAGE for a while (Insert joke here) Wasn't a fan of that either.