Choco super spice!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    be careful kid,strength is a comin on,, my head,lol
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    I'm just glad to be back smokin again. It's been too long
    whered you go kid, you lying down? lol
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I just came in from smoking mine. First Le Bijou that I have smoked. Really nice smoke. Creamy, some earthiness, and nutty. Oh, and it kicked my azz! IMAG0109
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    jj20030:
    whered you go kid, you lying down? lol
    lol,,not yet but gettin there,, flavor has changed and i cant figure it out
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    SleevePlz:
    Oh, and it kicked my azz!
    Ditto there, strength is comin on
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    The original My Father cigar was secretly blended by Jamie Garcia(JG), son of Don Pepin Garcia(DPG) in Tabacalera Cubana, Esteli, Nicaragua factory. JG wanted to create something special to honor his Father DPG. JG couldn't keep the secret that long from DPG but the time DPG discover the news, JG was ready with the blend. However, today we are smoking My Father Le Bijou 1922. In 2009 DPG released this cigar in honor of his father. The wrapper is Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro from Pelo De Oro leaf. The fillers are mostly Esteli grown Ligero with some other Nicaraguan grown fillers. Binder is also from Nicaragua. The cigar has excellent burn, meduim-full bodied, great construction. The great thing about this cigar is the combination of different flavors and aroma, subtle with complex flavor. After lighting, the cigar releases strong coca and spicy flavor which is the distnitive sign of Esteli Ligero. I felt the mild hardness through the nose so not easy to retrohale. I did not enjoy this part of the cigar. The first 1/3 mark, it started release dark chocolate aroma with slight ripe fruity note. The 2/3 mark started with smoothness, creamy texture. The fruitiness transformed into strong sweet, bitter, coffee, coca, slight nutty with hints of cedar and earthiness. At the end of the 2/3 mark, the cigar is very smooth without any harshness. The cigar is complex and subtle. At this point, the cigar declared its uniqueness. As I mentioned this earlier that this cigar is complex without any dominating flavor. I do not know how long he aged this Pelo De Oro wrapper but apparently it is well aged. I really enjoyed this smoke. Photobucket
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    It's good to hear that everyone else is feeling the strength in this stick. I was worried that I was just a pansy and couldn't hold my own.
    SleevePlz:
    It's good to hear that everyone else is feeling the strength in this stick. I was worried that I was just a pansy and couldn't hold my own.
    lol, yeah, with these dogfish heads ipa 60 were gettin it,lol
    rzaman:
    The original My Father cigar was secretly blended by Jamie Garcia(JG), son of Don Pepin Garcia(DPG) in Tabacalera Cubana, Esteli, Nicaragua factory. JG wanted to create something special to honor his Father DPG. JG couldn't keep the secret that long from DPG but the time DPG discover the news, JG was ready with the blend. However, today we are smoking My Father Le Bijou 1922. In 2009 DPG released this cigar in honor of his father. The wrapper is Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro from Pelo De Oro leaf. The fillers are mostly Esteli grown Ligero with some other Nicaraguan grown fillers. Binder is also from Nicaragua. The cigar has excellent burn, meduim-full bodied, great construction. The great thing about this cigar is the combination of different flavors and aroma, subtle with complex flavor. After lighting, the cigar releases strong coca and spicy flavor which is the distnitive sign of Esteli Ligero. I felt the mild hardness through the nose so not easy to retrohale. I did not enjoy this part of the cigar. The first 1/3 mark, it started release dark chocolate aroma with slight ripe fruity note. The 2/3 mark started with smoothness, creamy texture. The fruitiness transformed into strong sweet, bitter, coffee, coca, slight nutty with hints of cedar and earthiness. At the end of the 2/3 mark, the cigar is very smooth without any harshness. The cigar is complex and subtle. At this point, the cigar declared its uniqueness. As I mentioned this earlier that this cigar is complex without any dominating flavor. I do not know how long he aged this Pelo De Oro wrapper but apparently it is well aged. I really enjoyed this smoke. Photobucket
    very nice review,, tasting that bitter sweetness,, "bright" comes to mind i know that doesnt make sense but ...
    Final third mellowed out,,, this cigar is a sleeper,, smooth and the strength creeps up
    Hi kid, you got it right. I had a burning(spicy) feeling on the tip of my tongue with a bitter-sweet notes back of my tongue. Does that make any sense? LOL
    jj20030:
    WOWEE
    yep getting sleepy,,,lol
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    rzaman:

Thanks for the history lesson, rzaman! Now I have an idea of what to expect tomorrow.
    Well Im out,, couldnt smoke these every day :o)
    The Kid:
    Dually noted.
    I got the nicotine buzz as well. It is the Esteli ligeros......please drink plenty of water. I am eating a Haagen Daz chocolate vanilla ice cream and will drink plenty of water. I have a early meeting tomorrow.
    The Kid:
    Bedtime here also. Gotta get up early am for work. Nice smokin with you all.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    VERY bummed I didn't get to join on this one. One of my favorite smokes!
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    Agreed. I really like these, but I had already fired up an old world reserve maduro by the time I noticed the post.

Probably for the best though. The nicotine kick in these is brutal on me. Even the petit robusto hits me enough to make me take a nap.
    I'm nearly a week late on this, but here goes. Holy Crap! What a stick!! I fired up a Petit Robusto this morning and immediately got my aZZ kicked! Tons of flavor, clouds of smoke, and a phenomenal experience.
    The first inch gave me some prominent earthy flavors. From there it melded into rich, sweet coffee and espresso flavors with just a hint of leather and what I believe to be red oak. These flavors seemed to be most prevalent throughout the stick, with a finish that I could still taste roughly 2 hrs after I put the nub in the ashtray. This being my first MF, I can honestly say that it won't be my last!
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    Toombes:
    I'm nearly a week late on this, but here goes. Holy Crap! What a stick!! I fired up a Petit Robusto this morning and immediately got my aZZ kicked! Tons of flavor, clouds of smoke, and a phenomenal experience.
    The first inch gave me some prominent earthy flavors. From there it melded into rich, sweet coffee and espresso flavors with just a hint of leather and what I believe to be red oak. These flavors seemed to be most prevalent throughout the stick, with a finish that I could still taste roughly 2 hrs after I put the nub in the ashtray. This being my first MF, I can honestly say that it won't be my last!
    Haha your first? Glad to have popped your cherry.. um maybe you`d like to some others? Muahahaha
    bigfnsteve:
    Toombes:
    Haha your first? Glad to have popped your cherry.. um maybe you`d like to some others? Muahahaha

Thanks for the awesome smoke, Steve! I'm always up to try a new ceeeegar!
    No Smoke 'n' Post tonight ?
    I'm in. I'm not available until 8:00 but let's picks stick and see what happens?
    8:00pm EST is good for me. Any stick suggestions ? Jaime Garcia LE 2011, EP Carillo LE 2011, MOW Phalanx... ?