Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

3K Post Contest - You Think You Know Me? - SKWEEKS WINS PART 1

The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
Two score (years) and 3,000 post ago, a fat old man decided he was going to show his kids a thing or two on the basketball court... and promptly blew the ACL in his knee out. After surgery while he was laid up in bed for weeks this fat old man, who also happened to be a noob to the world of cigars stumbled onto the forums at Cigar.com.

That fat old man was, of course, me. What an absolute wealth of knowledge I found in the forums! Not only that, but I found a community of some of the best people I had ever met (online OR off), who also happened to share a passion for cigars that rivaled or exceeded my own! I introduced myself, and was struck by the generosity I saw all around, but particularly in the Trades, Passes and BOMBS thread... I couldn't BELIEVE what I was seeing! People you've never so much as shaken hands with would send you cigars - just to do it?!?!?!? This was too much, and I wanted to be a part of it. But how? I was the new guy in the community, didnt know anyone (much less have their addresses; you have to remember this was in the pre-Bork-O-Dex days!) and didnt have a whole lot of sticks in my collection.

Then I had an idea for a way to get involved in the community AND bomb some folks - a cigar ponzi scheme!

And so, THE SNIPER'S BOX , and by proxy, The Sniper himself, was born.

I figured I would bomb three or four people, be found out, and that would be the end of it. FORTY TWO PAGES OF POSTS later, everybody here knew who I was. LOL For those of you unfamiliar with that game, you really should click that link and check it out when you've got some time on your hands or better yet, while puffing on a good stogie. Re-reading the thread that gave birth to me tonight brought back a TON of good memories, and there is some HILARIOUS stuff in there.

So to recognize my 3,000th post in my adopted home here, Ive decided to go back to where it started for me. The objective here is threefold (one per every thousand posts perhaps?)...

1) The contest - as I said, the way I accomplished my original game was a cigar ponzi scheme. At that point in time to the best of my knowledge the only person who had any sort of list of addresses was Laker, and I knew if I went to him it would be a dead giveaway and end my contest in a hurry. So while only ONE person had a ton of addresses, I found out that most people had two or three addresses from people they'd traded with or whatnot. And those two or three had two or three, and those two or three, and so on and so forth.

Still, it all got started with one forum member, who for the purposes of this contest shall be known as THE NEXUS. This BOTL was the source of the first address I acquired, from which all of the victims who came after sprang. In actuality, he is the person who made me who I am. SO - one guess per contestant until the identity of THE NEXUS is correctly identified. The winner will receive a package made up of some of my very favorite sticks! Please have a minimum of 100 posts to enter the contest, which will remain open until we have a winner.

2) If you read thru the posts, the person who spearheaded the mission to end my game was a mystery poster (a la Darth Vader) who called himself "CounterTerrorism". Talking smack with this person was a highlight of the thread for me, yet I never found out who it was. I want to know now to say thank you. Please come forward, have a BOTL or two verify your identity, and accept my thanks. If you dare - I KEEEEEL YOU! :-)

3) Much like part 2, someone also created a mystery poster titled "The Beard". This BOTL made me laugh so hard on a couple of occasions during the game that not only I but my busted led were both howling with laughter AND pain! Again, never found out who it was and I want to know now. Please come forward now and be recognized sir - have a BOTL or two verify your identity and I will give you a kiss on the cheek to say thank you - SNIPER STYLE. :-)

In closing, the past two years and 3K posts have been an absolute blast. I love you people, I love these forums, and I humbly thank you all for not only making this place the best community ON THE PLANET BAR NONE, but for letting me be a part of it.

Long winded I know, but your 3,000 post only happens once. :-)

Sniper OUT

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Aewsome history there, congrats on 3k, and i have no clue! heres to another 3k!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Was I the first target??...
    I think "the Nexus" was Marty "lil wing88". Side note, I think I remember who became counter terrorism.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Oh man Glen that brought back some fun memories ! Here's raising a toast to the next 3000 brother !!!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Glen, congrats. I am going to guess my buddy j0z3r.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    bandyt09:
    Glen, congrats. I am going to guess my buddy j0z3r.
    hahaha, first thing I thought of as well

congrats on 3K Glen and this is gonna be a fun read . . . .
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I'm going ot guess the unabomber guy...Alex. Conrats my friend, and while we have not done business, we have exchanged Pm and I'd imagine we will soon. Cheers, and many thanks for stepping up in the NCR forum for the conflicts.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Congrats on 3000 Glen! I think The NEXUS is Redtailhawkoz
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Congrats on 3000 Glen!!! Your participation on this forum has helped make it as special as it is. I'm guessing The Nexus is Cabinetmaker. I'm still thinking on the other ones...
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Haven't the slightest clue who any of these people could possibly be, but I would like to congratulate you on the big 3K! It's been awesome getting to know you, Glen. Here's to more madness!!
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Congrats on the 3k, and to many more!!! :)
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Yup yup big congrats
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Congrats brother, Awesome history, enjoy the next 3k!!!!!!
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    XMacro------he is the Nexus.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I would have guessed Alex Williams, but since someone did I'll wager it was PhobicSquirrel (cause rel name slips my mind atm) Also who was CounterTerrorism?
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    CONGRATS Sniper, Mr.Glen!!! I'm torn between two and I have my reasons. I'm not afraid to say Kuzi16 or FTG. I'm going with FTG (FireTruckGuy).....

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Congrats on 3k, Sniper. I have no idea about the answers but thank you for sharing the history/background story - very cool.
    And thanks for posting the "Sniper's Box" link, I probably wouldn't have stumbled upon that on my own but I am enjoying reading through it and bookmarking it for later.
    Best luck on finding out those "mystery" posters as well.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen, and good news - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

skweekz:
    Indeed, Ozzie was the first forum member I developed a close relationship with here on the forums, and while we dont get to see him around here as much anymore I am proud to say we stay in pretty close contact and remain the best of friends to this day! Oz gave me my first two addresses of victims, and The Sniper's Box grew from that into the monster it eventually became.

Im gathering from some of the posts in this thread that I may not have been clear on points 2 & 3. I DO NOT KNOW who "CounterTerrorism" or the imposter "The Beard" were, but I desperately want to. I would prefer they step forward to take a bow and get their just rewards, and will allow them some time to see this thread and do so.

If after a period (Im thinking first of next week maybe?) they still have not come forward, I will switch gears from "take a bow" mode to "FYB" (F Yer Buddy) mode and start soliciting volunteers to rat them out. I KNOW some folks out there know who CounterTerrorism was, and I suspect somebody's gotta know who the false The Beard was as well.

Until such time, CONGRATS TO SKWEEKZ on winning the first portion of the contest. A selection of yummy Sniper Rounds will be on its way to you in the near-term future, and I will shoot you a PM when its in route. :-)

PS: If anyone of the Sniper's Box victims out there wish to "thank" Ozzie for enabling the Sniper's Box thread, I DO just so happen to have his address... :-D

Awesome!! Thanks for the contest Glen! I took a shot in the dark with the guess haha. PM if you need my address. I can't wait to see who the two Unknowns turn out to be
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Nice contest Mr. Sniper and congrats Skweeks. Looks like you skweeked by with one, lol.
    Please do shoot me your address brother, and I cant wait to find out who my mystery antagonists were either! :-)

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I don't know how I missed this thread until now and I have no clue as to who the mystery BOTLs are but I DO want to offer my heartfelt congratulations to ya, Glen, on reaching this milestone. You've had an interesting journey thus far and I pray it continues. You're an outstanding example of BORKISM and I applaud you, sir.
    The Sniper:
    Please do shoot me your address brother, and I cant wait to find out who my mystery antagonists were either! :-)

PM to you good sir
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    CONGRATULATIONS Glen !!!! You have become a such an awesome member here.

Your introduction here was epic and will never be bested. Afterall, you "gave birth" (LMAO) to the Sniper right here on the internet !!!! LMAO
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Indeed ! Congratulations Snipe' . This has been a better place thanks to your being a part of it.
    laker1963:
    CONGRATULATIONS Glen !!!! You have become a such an awesome member here.

Your introduction here was epic and will never be bested. Afterall, you "gave birth" (LMAO) to the Sniper right here on the internet !!!! LMAO
    And it was a painful birth at times too! Usually in the ribs from laughter. :-)

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and friendship - I love you guys too! :-)

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Yeah, that was a fun time with all the plastic sunglasses and the promises of... " I KEEEL YOU !"
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    skweekz:

Well Hells Bells how did you get that ??????? LOL Only Myself my wife and Glen Knew I was the one! LOL It was a Riot to watch everyone wonder hopw this NEW GUY had so many addresses! LOL
    Redtailhawkoz:
    skweekz:

Well Hells Bells how did you get that ??????? LOL Only Myself my wife and Glen Knew I was the one! LOL It was a Riot to watch everyone wonder hopw this NEW GUY had so many addresses! LOL
    Honestly I took a shot in the dark. I knew I'd seen you and glen talk a lot about the good ol' days of back then and how you two did a lot of work together. So you were my best guess Oz! If it weren't you I wouldn't have the slightest clue who to guess it might have been.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Congrats on the win Mike. And Congrats on 3000 Glen. And to Ozzie as well for being Deepthroat. Smile [:)]