Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

TJ, cameroon package away.

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
It's on it's way. Nothing fancy, but will introduce you to cameroons.
0311 3260 0002 1288 4928
Let me know what you think of them.

Comments

• T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 256
    Damn, thanks! I can't wait to give them a shot. We really appreciate it. If only our humidor would hurry up and get here. I know it has only been a few days and it is a little starter, but I swear it is moving too dang slow. I have started a list of things to call C.com with and see what they can work out. I might just be adding some cameroons to it too :-) Thanks again!
    Oh, and we will get pics up asap when we get a chance to smoke them.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Oh yeah, I should probably warn you. Cameroons don't care much for going from a cool inside to a warm outside or large changes in environment. So if you plan on smoking outside on a warm humid day, let it rest for a while where you are gonna smoke it, before lighting it up. Otherwise, the wrappers may have a tendency to crack/split or plain blow apart. LOL!
    Thanks for the heads up on that one, though it might have been funnier for you if you didn't tell us that and I came back with a horror story. You could be laughing at the rookies! :-)
    And how do you think I learned about this. ROFL!
    When I started on cigars, I knew nothing about any forums for cigar smokers, so I had a lot of trial and error. LOL!

When you get a wrapper that outright blows apart, it is pretty upsetting. Especially when you forked out $6.50 or so for it.
    Cameroons tend to have wrappers that are fragile to start with. So changes in environment, like going from inside to outside can sometimes give them fits.
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    my experience on this is cameroons areusually very thin? at least in my observations. which causes them more troubles
    It just made me think of those damn things people buy at Spencer's and put in people's cigarettes so they blow up. It would be much funnier if it happened to someone else on their own dime. Again, I really appreciate you helping us to expand out horizons with this whole process.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Cameroons are one of my favorite wrappers. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever shows up!
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    my experience on this is cameroons areusually very thin? at least in my observations. which causes them more troubles
    Yeah, they are thin. But oh so good. LOL!
    bigharpoon:
    Cameroons are one of my favorite wrappers. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever shows up!
    I love cameroons. I think that every cigar smoker should have the opportunity to try them.
    I realize that for some people, they aren't for them, but they should at least try them once.
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    0patience:
    bigharpoon:
    I love cameroons. I think that every cigar smoker should have the opportunity to try them.
    I realize that for some people, they aren't for them, but they should at least try them once.
    The only one I've tried that I don't care for is the hoyo de monterrey excalibur cameroons
    Yeah, the excaliburs don't seem to be as good as some others.
    My preference is the Torano 1916. The hemingway is another favorite.
    This Cusano Factory select cameroon one that I recently got, I'm liking quite a bit.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    If you cameroon fans haven't tried the CAO l'Anniversarie Cameroon yet, do yourself a favor and try one. I'm not the biggest cameroon fan in the world (don't love em, don't hate em), but the CAO is absolutely fantastic! (I've also heard the LFD Cameroon Cabinet is tops too, but I've never had one so I can't speak from experience).
    Heavy:
    If you cameroon fans haven't tried the CAO l'Anniversarie Cameroon yet, do yourself a favor and try one. I'm not the biggest cameroon fan in the world (don't love em, don't hate em), but the CAO is absolutely fantastic! (I've also heard the LFD Cameroon Cabinet is tops too, but I've never had one so I can't speak from experience).
    The LDF is extremely good. I don't get them very often, as they are a tad on the expensive side. But consider them a treat when I can get them.
    As for the CAO, I buy them every once in a while. They are quite good.
    image And the explosion is here! Your bomb exploded 20 minutes before the UPS guy showed up with the unseasoned humidor. Poor guy was just standing in the parking lot crying. Nikki had to help settle him down. He said he was in the area and could see the dust cloud as he pulled onto our street. Thanks again! Can't wait to enjoy one of these tonight. Here is the humidor (in progress) too. Just wanted to share. Seems that the hygrometer is already close to being ready, but I need to just be patient. image
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Fine looking sticks Tony.

Now get that humi seasoned so I can help fill it ;)
    She got it started ASAP, thanks to you helping to fill us in on what to do. This is definitely a test of my patience. I just want it to be ready already, but I know it is worth not rushing it.
    A few days and you will be able to stuff it.........or someone will anyhow, LMAO
    Cool!
    Ok, the Torano 1916 is my most favorite cigar. This one probably has a year or so of age on it. I buy more of those than any other cigar. It also probably has the thinnest wrapper of those.
    The La Caya Cameroon is a new one to me that I like. I just got a box last week. So, it may need a little rest time.
    The Perfecto, as I put in the note, is a Cusano Factory Select Preferido Cameroon. I found this cigar a few months ago when Ccom had it on the daily deal. It is a "second". But a damn fine one, in my opinion and for the price is dirt cheap.
    And the little fella is an AF Hemingway Short Story. Which everyone should have tried this one at least once.

Enjoy!
    I have the cusano sitting out now, getting itself acclimated to outdoors before I get accustomed to it! Perfect evening for sitting on the patio and enjoying a hell of a gift after a hell of a day. Thanks again for providing a great finish to the evening and a solid start to broadening our cigar perspective. Can't wait to post my feedback on the Perfecto later.
    So my question is.....What is my sister smoking tonight??
    nice humi just make sure you invest in a digi hygrometer. that old ana. wont be worth a damn
    Funny you say that because I called and cancelled the upgrade I picked out initially for the humidor to have a digital and I think I have been thinking it was a mistake ever since.... Oh well, same price to add one after the fact as it was to upgrade to it.
    And Nikki is smoking the vanilla one out of the sampler. I think I am going to order her some tomorrow from Ccom because she is about out, but she has liked all of the ones I have tried too.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    T.J. Armstrong:
    Funny you say that because I called and cancelled the upgrade I picked out initially for the humidor to have a digital and I think I have been thinking it was a mistake ever since.... Oh well, same price to add one after the fact as it was to upgrade to it.
    And Nikki is smoking the vanilla one out of the sampler. I think I am going to order her some tomorrow from Ccom because she is about out, but she has liked all of the ones I have tried too.
    TJ, you don't have a special one digital, you can pick them up at Walmart or Home Depot, little bigger then normal but will do the job in a pinch have them in my storage units and they work great calibration was within 1 percent so all good!!Cheaper too about $7-9.
    MVW67:
    T.J. Armstrong:
    TJ, you don't have a special one digital, you can pick them up at Walmart or Home Depot, little bigger then normal but will do the job in a pinch have them in my storage units and they work great calibration was within 1 percent so all good!!Cheaper too about $7-9.
    ya I got my springfield at walmart for 7 bucks. Never lookded back
    What up Walmart! I knew you were good for more than entertaining photos of retarded people and a six-pack of socks for $2! Thanks for the heads up. That beats the hell out of paying $20 + shipping from a cigar site or trying to find one at the B&Ms around here.
    I thought I saw you in one of those photo's?
    marineatbn03:
    I thought I saw you in one of those photo's?
    Oh! And the hits just keep coming! LOL!
    TJ,
    One of the concerns I always have when I recommend a cigar, especially when I know the person has obtained one, is whether THEY will like it. I always worry that the person will not like it.
    Anyways, I'm hoping you will find them decent cigars and if not, at least it will present you with a bit of variety to help you to tune into your likes. Enjoy.
    Worst case scenario. I will drive to your house and take tha hemmingway short story from you. One of my favorite gars in the best size available for that blend.