Home Non Cigar Related

Other hobbies and interests?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    alienmisprint:
    kuzi16:
    i I keep Koi. ( i didnt brew it)
    That is awesome man. As I'm sure you know, there is a huge place in tattoo art for koi. I personally think they are gorgeous fish, the leasing office of our apartment complex here has a kind of moat surrounding it with koi in. How bad is the upkeep?
    not bad at all. they are very hearty fish. every two week I change 25% the water, add some stress coat, a bit of algae stopper, scrape any excessive algae, and change out one of the filters. besides that i just feed em daily. a bit of gold fish food and a bit of Koi food. They are getting to the point where i may need a bigger tank soon. i hope to build an indoor pond.
    MAJORdorMo:
    Oh and I'm a huge metalhead m/

mm/

too much metal for one hand
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 282
    Real racing (MotoGP, WSBK, AMA Superbike, F1), not nascrap.
    Trackdays
    SCUBA
    Gaming

kuzi16:
    MAJORdorMo:
    Oh and I'm a huge metalhead m/

mm/

too much metal for one hand
    Hells yeah mm/
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    betasynn:
    A couple of xbox players here. We should have a monthly tournament or something and wager a cigar or two each.
    that's a friggin' great idea! i've been looking for an excuse to get my xbox live up and running.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    another metalhead here. Currently on the new Lamb of God and just got into Protest the Hero.

Also on xbox live - screen name: robisnotadad - long story short, I had a scare with an ex - took the paternity test, turns out it wasn't mine. After that, my best friend changed his aol screen name to robisnotadad - I just stole it from him when I signed up to xbox live.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Sleeping has been really high on my list of late! I like collecting and shooting almost anything that goes bang, lately concentrating on Soviet influenced designs (AK, SKS, SVT, etc). Also an amateur gunsmith, build my own AK's and some other projects, biggest one completed is my Browning 1919A4.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Rob1110:
    another metalhead here. Currently on the new Lamb of God and just got into Protest the Hero.

Also on xbox live - screen name: robisnotadad - long story short, I had a scare with an ex - took the paternity test, turns out it wasn't mine. After that, my best friend changed his aol screen name to robisnotadad - I just stole it from him when I signed up to xbox live.
    Man, I love their new album, Dead Seeds and Reclamation are pretty much on repeat when I am doing computer work. Forgot to mention that I also am really into music as well.

mm/ Metalheads unite!
    Garen B:
    Man, I love their new album, Dead Seeds and Reclamation are pretty much on repeat when I am doing computer work.
    Gotta say I love the album on a whole, but agree with those two, as well as Broken Hands.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    Rob1110:

Did you find out the results on Maury?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Rob1110:
    Garen B:
    Man, I love their new album, Dead Seeds and Reclamation are pretty much on repeat when I am doing computer work.
    Gotta say I love the album on a whole, but agree with those two, as well as Broken Hands.
    JOHN TESH ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! Ok not really! I'm about to puke just joking like that... I'm a metalhead too, but I have a VERY broad range of tastes in music from Blues, to old school Rat Pack, to Classic rock and Metal. Tool is my all time favorite band probably. I can listen to them anytime and be happy!
    Jdorais:
    Did you find out the results on Maury?
    haha. Now that you mention it, I should have sent a request to Jerry.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    betasynn:
    ditto, mine's betasynn...

What games do you play?

cool, send me a friend message. I usually do shooters, been doing a lot of gears of war 2 lately. Garen, shoot me a friend vite as well buddy. though I might get on here soon so I might send you guys one.
    PuroFreak:
    'm about to puke just joking like that... I'm a metalhead too, but I have a VERY broad range of tastes in music from Blues, to old school Rat Pack, to Classic rock and Metal. Tool is my all time favorite band probably. I can listen to them anytime and be happy!
    Are you my long lost brother Puro? Btw, Tool is touring again this summer, only cities they have confirmed on the tour is Jersey City, New Jersey, Commerce City, Colorado and Lollapolooza in Chicago. Hoping they hit somewhere in Ca, hell might even drive to San Fran just to see em.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I'd be up for either Halo 3 or Resident Evil 5, or (hopefully) CoD: WaW because that's a fun game. Any of those, but I have a ton of others.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Garen B:
    PuroFreak:
    'm about to puke just joking like that... I'm a metalhead too, but I have a VERY broad range of tastes in music from Blues, to old school Rat Pack, to Classic rock and Metal. Tool is my all time favorite band probably. I can listen to them anytime and be happy!
    Are you my long lost brother Puro? Btw, Tool is touring again this summer, only cities they have confirmed on the tour is Jersey City, New Jersey, Commerce City, Colorado and Lollapolooza in Chicago. Hoping they hit somewhere in Ca, hell might even drive to San Fran just to see em.
    Yea, I heard Maynard in an interview on our local station about a month ago when he was in town signing bottles of his wine and he said late June early July they are probably coming to Dallas. I've seen them twice but my wife never has gotten to so I will have to take her to the show. She is a huge fan too. What can I say, she loves some Tool... hehe I just couldn't resist saying that!
    yeah i saw them a few years ago.

Maynard walks out on stage and says " good evening drunk people"

and the show begins.

i laughed. I wasnt drunk either. one of the best shows ive seen in a while.
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    Tattoos, yeah tattoos are COOL!
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    I collect stamps, coins, (foreign and domestic) and 12" GI Joes, (I have over 200 of these and no room to put them). I fish, and go camping in the spring and summer and early fall.
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    robert69165:
    12" GI Joes, (I have over 200 of these and no room to put them)
    You should post some pics of them.
  • Joel H.Joel H. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 101
    My main hobby is drag racing during the summer months. When im not doing that im out hunting or fishing.
  • sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    IT Tech by day and computer geek by night. I like photography, art, wood working, and a hell of a lot of other things.
  • Stew3223Stew3223 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    Ive got too many for my wallet to keep up with!
    When im not in school or working Im usually up to my elbows working on my car. Im an automotive engineering Major and looove cars.  Im particularly interested in Japanese sport compacts, especially anything out of the 80's, however I like current models and anything inbetween.  Im a Subaru expert and have worked on my own as well as a couple of friends swap jobs and projects. During the summer I race my WRX Swapped 98 Subaru Impreza at autocrosses in west michigan. 
    Generally interested in racing such as Formula 1, World Rally, Le Mans, ALMS, etc.
    Im also very much into music with metal being my Genre of choice.  I have played guitar for 12 years and have played professionaly, though I have no time for it now.
    Ive recently been getting in to wine spectating with my girlfriend.
    Also this summer Im giving gardening a try.
    I wish I had more time and money for everything!

• jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Electronics.(degree)
    Collecting listening to Old Time radio plays
    Collecting watching Old movies from the "glory days of hollywood"
    Reading mostly literature, lots o cyberpunk shite right now
    Gardening
    Playing outdated real time strat. games i.e homeworld and rise of nations (i dont have a FX card)
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Hunting, fishing, mudriding, bowfishing, long-distance shooting, dirtbikes, and classic cars... Ya know, all those things a good country boy does.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    cholmes8310:
    Hunting, fishing, mudriding, bowfishing, long-distance shooting, dirtbikes, and classic cars... Ya know, all those things a good country boy does.

Hiking, nature, gardening, used to hunt, now only with a camera, anything on the water, collecting old gold coins, my cats.
  • WafflebobWafflebob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 118
    I spend way too much time gaming, especially since my ex and I broke up. I like a huge variety of music but I'm mostly a metalhead, most of my favorite bands are from Scandanavian countries though. I lift weights, go hiking, canoeing, painting. I brew my own wine (havent tried beer yet though) target shooting (especially black powder). I also do the whole renaissance faire thing
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Stew3223:
    Ive got too many for my wallet to keep up with!
    When im not in school or working Im usually up to my elbows working on my car. Im an automotive engineering Major and looove cars.  Im particularly interested in Japanese sport compacts, especially anything out of the 80's, however I like current models and anything inbetween.  Im a Subaru expert and have worked on my own as well as a couple of friends swap jobs and projects. During the summer I race my WRX Swapped 98 Subaru Impreza at autocrosses in west michigan. 
    Generally interested in racing such as Formula 1, World Rally, Le Mans, ALMS, etc.
    Im also very much into music with metal being my Genre of choice.  I have played guitar for 12 years and have played professionaly, though I have no time for it now.
    Ive recently been getting in to wine spectating with my girlfriend.
    Also this summer Im giving gardening a try.
    I wish I had more time and money for everything!

I've gotten into F1 over the past year or so. If you ever want to chat about it, drop me a line. Seems like it's all about Jenson Button this season, he's giving everyone a good run for their money.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I love food. I eat it almost everyday.
    PuroFreak:
    Garen B:
    PuroFreak:
    Yea, I heard Maynard in an interview on our local station about a month ago when he was in town signing bottles of his wine and he said late June early July they are probably coming to Dallas. I've seen them twice but my wife never has gotten to so I will have to take her to the show. She is a huge fan too. What can I say, she loves some Tool... hehe I just couldn't resist saying that!
    Did you ever make it out to a concert Puro? I ended up going to the Phoenix one, they rocked the house to say the least. As my buddy who went with me said about the opener "The instrumentals are great, but the singer sounds like a mix between a woman getting stabbed and a coyote." In the end they had a drum battle in the middle of Lateralus between Danny and the drummer from the opener. Great concert to say the least.
  • naughtnaught Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
    Since I won't admit I'm a secretly a super nerdy gamer... I'll just go with making music and collecting Gideon's Bibles.