Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Noob Bomb Pass - Choose your own Adventure *Launched*

12346»

Comments

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Rain:
    03113260000146090204Rob's rule is....you have to smoke a cigar you've never had and post the review here, complete with pictures.

I can handle that. It might be a few extra days after I get the package though. I'm just getting over the stomach flu and I want to enjoy the first stick I will have had in a few weeks. I got a couple of sticks in mind that I have been saving. I will bust one of them out for this!!!

Rob
    I got the pass today. I will be able to look it over tomorrow, make my takes and puts, then get it back out on Wednesday. I take it I am sending it to MVW. Could someone please send me his addy. I don't have his on file. I will also my "rule" over the Thanksgiving holiday since my work hours don't allow me to sit outside and smoke during the day.

Rob
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Pm sent:-) :-)
    Due to a bunch of "crap" that went on, this is finally going out on Monday. Sorry about the delay. I won't bore anyone with details. I also still need to do my adventure. I had a cold all Thanksgiving weekend and never had a chance to light up. If I can get an afternoon off this week I will get it done asap. I'll send MVW the tracking number and post it here tomorrow.

Rob
    Here are my takes (left) and puts (right). image
    Here is the DC#03122120000125192160
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Awesome, thanks for participating brother.
    This has arrived and will be getting this on to the next step.....lol
    Awesome!! Man, it is wierd. This was sent off right before I left the states. And will finish as I am getting back. How cool is that.
    marineatbn03:
    So, I have been blessed to have been bombed by a few very generous and great BOTL from this forum. I have been thinking about a way to pay that generocity forward while having a little fun at the same time.

What I would like to do is start a pass that will end with a complete noob to the hobby gaining the proceeds. In other words, THIS WILL NOT COME BACK TO ME. Basically, when I started off I had very little knowledge of what was good or what was worthy of trying. I had made the same mistake many others have made starting out by buying cigars because they were just plain cheap. The purpose of this pass would set up a new member with a decent collection of decent sticks to start them out with while they develop their own flavor profile.

If there is enough interest in this, I would like to get this out in two weeks when I get back to the states. MVW67 has agreed to take the final shipment and distribute it to an unsuspecting noob.

Now the rules. There are only two.

1. No high end stuff, this will be going to someone completely new and may not know the difference between a dog rocket and an Opus.

2. The choose your own adventure part. the second rule will be to create a rule that is only valid for the next person in the pass. This rule is up to your imagination, but limitied in nature as not to cost someone to have to meet the needs of your rule. Be creative, and keep in mind the end result, everything will be distributed to a noob.

If there is no interest I will abandon the idea, but I thought it would be a cool way to have a pass and help a new member in the right direction. I will start the pass with 15 sticks, and keep in mind these are medium priced and more everyday type sticks, the type that you may go to on a regular basis. Who's in?

Here is the list so far:
    Whodeygal & TJ
    Laker1963
    Kingjk729
    Medic45
    Bigshizza
    mmccartneydc
    Lift603
    Buckeyecigar
    bobbo2009
    Rain
    This Pass will go out today to some unsuspecting Noob/Newb please enjoy on behalf of James!!!
    MVW67:
    marineatbn03:
    So, I have been blessed to have been bombed by a few very generous and great BOTL from this forum. I have been thinking about a way to pay that generocity forward while having a little fun at the same time.

What I would like to do is start a pass that will end with a complete noob to the hobby gaining the proceeds. In other words, THIS WILL NOT COME BACK TO ME. Basically, when I started off I had very little knowledge of what was good or what was worthy of trying. I had made the same mistake many others have made starting out by buying cigars because they were just plain cheap. The purpose of this pass would set up a new member with a decent collection of decent sticks to start them out with while they develop their own flavor profile.

If there is enough interest in this, I would like to get this out in two weeks when I get back to the states. MVW67 has agreed to take the final shipment and distribute it to an unsuspecting noob.

Now the rules. There are only two.

1. No high end stuff, this will be going to someone completely new and may not know the difference between a dog rocket and an Opus.

2. The choose your own adventure part. the second rule will be to create a rule that is only valid for the next person in the pass. This rule is up to your imagination, but limitied in nature as not to cost someone to have to meet the needs of your rule. Be creative, and keep in mind the end result, everything will be distributed to a noob.

If there is no interest I will abandon the idea, but I thought it would be a cool way to have a pass and help a new member in the right direction. I will start the pass with 15 sticks, and keep in mind these are medium priced and more everyday type sticks, the type that you may go to on a regular basis. Who's in?

Here is the list so far:
    Whodeygal & TJ
    Laker1963
    Kingjk729
    Medic45
    Bigshizza
    mmccartneydc
    Lift603
    Buckeyecigar
    bobbo2009
    Rain
    This Pass will go out today to some unsuspecting Noob/Newb please enjoy on behalf of James!!!
    This pass is flying!!!!!
  • mr.wendell1979mr.wendell1979 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    image I got the bomb (Nuked more like it!) today!!! Wow, I can't believe the absolute generosity of those in these forums. Thank you to everyone that joined in blowing up my mailbox... Now to find a bigger Humi.
    I seriously can't thank everyone enough!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Now that's a "welcome to the forum" package if I've ever seen one. Enjoy Wendell.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Enjoy Wendell!!! It's what we do best!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    pelirrojo:
    Now that's a "welcome to the forum" package if I've ever seen one. Enjoy Wendell.
    +1
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Best part of the pass.. Hitting the noob! Plan awesome.
    But which should I enjoy first? Any thoughts?
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    A lot of good sticks in there Wendall, just take your time and figure out what you like the best! Enjoy bro!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Nice! Very generous package! Lots of poopies with those cigars
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Close your eyes and pick one! Lots of good stuff there.
    The whole point of the pass was to give someone newer to the hobby a chance to smoke a wide variety of everyday type sticks. Mission accomplished. Smoke them all and hopefully it will help you develop your pallet. Enjoy Wendell.
    So far so good... Tried the Nub Habano and like it. I can also see why Tatuaje is a popular stick as it was a great smoke
    Stick around brother, I am moving to FL in the Spring. We will have to arange a herf.
    marineatbn03:
    Stick around brother, I am moving to FL in the Spring. We will have to arange a herf.

Don't worry i'll be around. I have seen a few others from Fl as well...