Home Cigar 101

A stick in my cigar.

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
Ok, here is the story.
Streater sent me a bomb. In it, an Alec Bradley Black Market Churchill.
I had a robusto that I was saving until I could get another, so tonight I fire up the Robusto.
(NOT the one I received today from Streater. Just to make that clear.)
A little into the cigar, I kept feeling like there was a stem in it that was irritating me.
After a while of smoking it, I notice right toward the end, there was a bump in the cigar. So I finally say the hell with it and start digging at the bump in the cigar.
What I found was this.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hmmm.... Can't understand why a roller would do that. And Black Market is a really nice cigar.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Wow I'm not even a an fan but really!!!!! That's just crappy!! I'd travel to where ever and wave it in the rollers face!! Not really but I don't think I can state what I'd like to do lol
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    That's a whole tree, man
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    i would definitely complain to AB about that one, send in a picture or ten as well It seems like they would replace it, i know i would be pissed if they didnt; those are not cigars that i would expect that sort of crappy quality in.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I went to their contact page and filled out their form. Told them I can send a picture if they want.
    Not sure they'll even reply. Just kind of disappointed with them now.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Wow, that's nuts! Hopefully they replace it.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    So, I know long and short filler...do we call this thick filler? That sucks, hope they make right.
  • RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 248
    you won a prize!
    The bad thing is, I enjoyed the first black market I had. Now I have to get past this.
    And I no sooner say I enjoyed the black market, this happens. Makes me look a bit foolish.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    0patience:
    The bad thing is, I enjoyed the first black market I had. Now I have to get past this.
    And I no sooner say I enjoyed the black market, this happens. Makes me look a bit foolish.
    I dont think so... Sh** happens.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    looks like the roller dropped his cane in the cigar
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    They will take care of you. Send the pic either way so you don't feel bad about telling AB customer service. That's bad and Alan runs a top notch shop from my exp so if'n they don't more than reimburse you I would be shocked. The pic would help because I assume they get a fair share of peeps trying to scam for free complaint merch.
    blurr:
    They will take care of you. Send the pic either way so you don't feel bad about telling AB customer service. That's bad and Alan runs a top notch shop from my exp so if'n they don't more than reimburse you I would be shocked. The pic would help because I assume they get a fair share of peeps trying to scam for free complaint merch.
    I'll send them the pic, but I could really care less if they don't replace it.
    Hell, I'll even send them the rest of the cigar. It's a principle thing.
    It ruined my entire night for cigars. I guess I'm odd that way.
    Kind of like eating a hamburger and hitting a piece of bone. I'm done with it.

This is the kind of thing that tests their customer service and separates the great companies from the mediocre ones.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    haha! hahahahah. liuser.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    See what happens when you give up my addy, its a omen, of what is yet to come! LOL
    MVW67:
    See what happens when you give up my addy, its a omen, of what is yet to come! LOL
    Ah! So you're to blame! Hmm.
    One day, when you least expect it, expect it. LOL!
    See, I wait until you guys have forgotten, then I strike. LOL!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    0patience:
    blurr:
    I'll send them the pic, but I could really care less if they don't replace it.
    Hell, I'll even send them the rest of the cigar. It's a principle thing.
    It ruined my entire night for cigars. I guess I'm odd that way.
    Kind of like eating a hamburger and hitting a piece of bone. I'm done with it.

This is the kind of thing that tests their customer service and separates the great companies from the mediocre ones.
    I've gone through 1.5 boxes of them...never an issue. I've found stems in high end cigars, send the email and they will replace it. It happens with premium cigars IMO and companies never hesitate to send replacements.
    0patience:
    MVW67:
    I think mvw is already paranoid about getting hit lol
  • RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 248
    Lee.mcglynn:
    0patience:
    MVW67:
    I think mvw is already paranoid about getting hit lol

He should be. ;)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    jthanatos:
    So, I know long and short filler...do we call this thick filler? That sucks, hope they make right.
    that right there is funny.

im gunna put this in terms of my job as a manager at a restaurant:
    if something goes wrong, i wanna know about it.
    i dont care if its something minor like a coffee was cold, i wanna know. how do i know to try and fix an issue if i dont know an issue is going on?

the issue here is that there is a buncher that doesnt give a *** about his job and would let this slide. i mean, seriously, how do you miss that?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    kuzi16:
    i mean, seriously, how do you miss that?
    Maybe the buncher just had a stick up his a$$ that day........
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    Lmao that's just too good!!! Thank you for making me crack up tod!!
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 590
    Ouch that sucks. That is a nice size stick. Do you have a dog? Some fetch could be in order.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    0patience:
    Ok, here is the story.
    Streater sent me a bomb. In it, an Alec Bradley Black Market Churchill.
    I had a robusto that I was saving until I could get another, so tonight I fire up the Robusto.
    (NOT the one I received today from Streater. Just to make that clear.)
    A little into the cigar, I kept feeling like there was a stem in it that was irritating me.
    After a while of smoking it, I notice right toward the end, there was a bump in the cigar. So I finally say the hell with it and start digging at the bump in the cigar.
    What I found was this.

eek! Sorry man
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    It kinda looks like a kick stand for a cigar lol
  • JGKAMINJGKAMIN Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 92
    Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    Lmao that's just too good!!! Thank you for making me crack up tod!!
    i see what you did there...
    JGKAMIN:
    Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.
    mmhmm. I looked at the stick and it actually has leaf on it, so it is one big stem.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Ummmmm......... Surprise???
    So when you find something like this and email the company, how long do you give them to reply with an apology before you say screw it and right off doing any business with them?
    One of my pet peeves is when people don't return phone calls, reply to emails or acknowledge you. That is probably the most irritating thing I ever run into.

And for the life of me, I can't figure out how a company does business if they can't respond to emails or answer the phone.

I'm just one person and I ain't a socialite, so losing my business isn't gonna mean squat to them, but it's a principle thing. A simple email saying, "we apologize for letting this slip by our quality control and appreciate your bringing it to our attention." 20 seconds to type it and hit send.
    I'm thinking that isn't too much to ask.