Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Holidays for the Troops 2012

jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
Guys, I know we have done this a few times but we can never do enough to thank our men and women in uniform. I am gearing up for the holidays and putting together my troop packages until around November 15th. I am looking for cigars, pipes, sealed pipe tobacco, lighters, butane, cutters, magazines, snacks, or anything you would like to donate for our troops.

I will be collecting packages for the next 4 weeks so there is plenty of time for all who want to get involved to donate. There is nothing too small. If you want to donate 2 sticks that is just as important as those who donate a box.

I know someone did one of these and upset some people here with the way it was handled. Because of that I will collect but if you would like I will give you a soldiers address and you can ship directly to them. The mass collection just helps keep packages to a minimum and consolidates things for a unit. I try to make sure my contact will spread the wealth and send back pictures. I have done about 12 packages over the last year and donate, buy, invest time and money to do this because I am a vet and know what this means to our soldiers.

You guys are amazing BOTL and have really made this a successful event for me in the past. I couldn't have done it without your help. If you can and want to help thank you. If you do not or cannot no worries. These will all be going to Afghanistan this holiday season. There is a possibility that we might get an American flag back that was flown in Afghanistan. There is high demand for these from schools and government offices so I haven't been made any promises. One of my contacts is going to try to get a flag sent back to us and if that happens everyone who donated will be put into a drawing to have the honor of keeping this piece of history.

Thanks guys!

DONORS LIST:
SleevePlz
Bombay
RobbyRas
MTuccelli
Bigshizza
Big Tex
jsnake
smoke em if you got em
taythegibs
Angie1977
Heavy
Lee.mcglynn
toombes
bbass2
PsychoSJG

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Almost forgot in need of finger or cigar bags. If you send a lighter please drain it first.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Awesome idea Jake, you are nothing short of an amazing BOTL.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I think I have your addy around here somewhere, but could you send it to me again. I'll get something out to you shortly. Thank you for coordinating this.
    SleevePlz:
    I think I have your addy around here somewhere, but could you send it to me again. I'll get something out to you shortly. Thank you for coordinating this.
    Check your PM's.
    marineatbn03:
    Thanks but I am just an organizer. This wouldn't be as amazing and successful as it has been without you guys.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    jsnake:
    marineatbn03:
    Thanks but I am just an organizer. This wouldn't be as amazing and successful as it has been without you guys.
    Yes, but without people like you, those guys and girls get forgotten about. Bravo Zulu my friend.
    jsnake:
    SleevePlz:
    Check your PM's.
    Well, I was going to the PO today anyways, so I got this out to you. DC# 0312 1430 0001 1845 7457. Thanks again Jake.
  • Angie1977Angie1977 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    You have a PM sir.
    Replied Angie and thanks!

Dang you Michigan fellas don't waste any time. Thanks buddy.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    you have a PM Sir
    jsnake:
    Replied Angie and thanks!

Dang you Michigan fellas don't waste any time. Thanks buddy.
    No problem. Besides, freeing up some space in the cooler helps justify future purchases.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Always very, very cool of you to do this. PM me your addy please. What is your deadline for getting something to you? I'm busy as a mofo and will be traveling a good bit the next couple of weeks. May be at least a couple weeks before I get something out - just want to make sure that's not too late.

BTW, what are finger and cigar bags exactly?

Edit - nevermind on your time frame (should have read more closely the first time!). I'm good to go within 4 weeks.
    Heavy:
    Always very, very cool of you to do this. PM me your addy please. What is your deadline for getting something to you? I'm busy as a mofo and will be traveling a good bit the next couple of weeks. May be at least a couple weeks before I get something out - just want to make sure that's not too late.

BTW, what are finger and cigar bags exactly?

Edit - nevermind on your time frame (should have read more closely the first time!). I'm good to go within 4 weeks.
    Finger bags are baggies with slots in them to hold and separate cigars. Kind of like someone used a heat press to section off 5 or 6 slots. Very handy. But plastic cigars bags are good too. I ran out and have been using ziplocks. Finger bags for these are nice because I can put cigars, lighter, cutter in one baggy and whoever is handing them out can just grab and go instead of having to divide it up themselves. Just a suggestion if any has any or extra baggies. If not I will buy some. Will PM my addy later when I can get to a Computer.
    Bigshizza:
    I'm down Jake
    Thanks brother. You should still have my address but let me know if you don't.

I forgot to mention it but I will post a pic of everything collected so you all can see what is being sent as I make the packages.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Of course, will donate, will get something out to ya! Have addy.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Thanks man. After I asked I kinda thought that's what you meant, but thought maybe it was something I had not clue about! I've got plenty of C.Com bags so I'll send extras, but no finger bags.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    I'm in, Jake. Shoot me your addy just to be safe. I'll see what kinds of goodies I can dig up.
    Everyone responded to
    First package received and off to a good start. On the first page I will list all donors. I am not going to specifically mention who donates what because that isn't what this is about. 3 sticks counts just as much as a huge box. Just going to keep a names list and the week of launch I will photograph all the donations together so you can all see what was collected. Thanks
    Received another package today that 2 brothers put together. Very nice and thank you guys. Updated the donors list on original post.

Still collecting for 4 weeks if anyone is interested in helping out. November 15th is the estimated launch date.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    I will get something out to you soon...
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    RCY Cigars:
    +1
  • Big TexBig Tex Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
    I'm in. PM to you jsnake
    RCY Cigars:
    You always help out big time with this. thanks brother.

Tex, I sent you a reply.
    Been busy working and out of town.

Update: 3 weeks left to send something for the troops in Afghanistan.

We have collected 2 full boxes of cigar cutters, candy & snacks, and cigars. It is looking like a nice little collection. I will post a pic of everything soon.

Could use more cigars, lighters (used are ok just drain them first), matches, and cigar bags. 3 weeks left until I ship so plenty of time to donate.
  • Angie1977Angie1977 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    jsnake:
    Been busy working and out of town.

Update: 3 weeks left to send something for the troops in Afghanistan.

We have collected 2 full boxes of cigar cutters, candy & snacks, and cigars. It is looking like a nice little collection. I will post a pic of everything soon.

Could use more cigars, lighters (used are ok just drain them first), matches, and cigar bags. 3 weeks left until I ship so plenty of time to donate.
    I'm still in, still getting donations together, a box will be coming your way soon. Again thank you for doing this for our troops.

• taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Dont know how i missed this, can you pm me your addy? and would you have any need for some water pillows for these boxes? i have quite a few extra.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Jake send me you're addy I'll throw something together for the troops.
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Jake throw me ur addy ill pop out a pkg for ya