Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Holidays for the Troops 2012

2»

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Bumpage, tomorrow looks to be the only day for a week or so that ill be able to get to the post office.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    PM to you Jacob.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    I have a box with about 44 cigars and a a few cigar bags ready to ship...just waiting for Jake to PM me back with his address. If anyone has his address PM it to me so i can ship this bad boy tomorrow!! Thanks.
    For da troops!!!

• BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    smoke em if you got em:
    For da troops!!!

Awesome man!! That will make for some happy troops!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Sorry I have been MIA. Work is finally picking up and football season just ended for both of my boys. I think I replied to everyone. If I missed you please PM me. I know several packages are on the way and I will post a pic of the goodies this week.
    If you contributed to a package and I left your name off the first post please feel free to pm me so I can add you. I know guys don't do it for the recognition but I want give credit where it is due. See what comes in today and probably post a pic of where we are at tonight. Thanks guys!
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    PM to you Jsnake
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Hey did you get the package for the troops from team ayden??
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Hey did you get the package for the troops from team ayden??
    Probably. I got a package yesterday and today. Had to leave town this morning so I didn't get a chance to take photos or get names from them. Wife told me about today's package arriving. I will get everything updated tomorrow and post a pic by Friday of everything collected. Some really great stuff has been donated. This is going to be a great surprise for the troops.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    How much longer until you send em out? I think I want to send those 100 sticks through you.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    PM to you jsnake
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    I'll have a package out tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. Sorry it took so long, Jake.
  • Angie1977Angie1977 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    Just sent my package out to you for the troops today!! I will PM you with the tracking #.
    More packages are here. I haven't had a chance to open and look at them. I worked back home late last night and I am sick. Got to bed about 6 am and I can't breath so I couldn't barely sleep. No energy to mess with this tonight so sometime this weekend I will get a group picture and add the contributor's names. sorry for the delay. I am going to try to fall asleep in this recliner now.

Thanks for the help guys. This is going to be another great hit. If you couldn't give no worries. As long as we have troops overseas I am going to try to do this twice a year. My daughter made some pictures for them too. We have books, snacks, cigars, and cigar paraphernalia. You all did really good.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Thanks again for doing such a great job with this Jake. Get some rest and get to feeling better brother!
    Here is everything so far except for the snacks. We also have Halloween candy, Twinkies, Peanutbutter Bars, Cookies, Jolly Ranchers, and some books. I took this pic in a rush to post an update. Sorry if it is blurry. I will be packaging up little packages that they can just hand out.
    PsychoSJG:
    How much longer until you send em out? I think I want to send those 100 sticks through you.
    Until next weekend.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    please PM me your address
    No more yankie my wankie.

I think this has been a very successful collection and no need for anyone else to join in. I know a few packages are still in the air. I will take a group pic of what comes in this week since I have already started dividing stuff into boxes. These will hopefully land quickly and I will post and update with all responses and pics received. Hopefully someone here gets the honor of having an American Flag that was flown over one of our bases in Afghanistan. Fingers crossed on that!

Thank you all! For those of us that have served you know what this means. To those who haven't been on the other end but who gave I hope you realize how much this means to our soldiers. I couldn't have done this without your help and thank you for letting me ask you to give again.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Jake, would you like some help with the shipping costs? I meant to throw some cash in the package I sent, but I'm pretty sure I forgot. If so, feel free to hit me up with some paypal or Chase quickpay info and I'd be more than happy to help out on that front as well. I forgot all about the flag possibility. That would be really cool. I don't have a flag pole at home, so I probably would donate it to my school.
    SleevePlz:
    Jake, would you like some help with the shipping costs? I meant to throw some cash in the package I sent, but I'm pretty sure I forgot. If so, feel free to hit me up with some paypal or Chase quickpay info and I'd be more than happy to help out on that front as well. I forgot all about the flag possibility. That would be really cool. I don't have a flag pole at home, so I probably would donate it to my school.
    I am trying to see how many large boxes I end up with so I don't know yet. If it is a couple I have it covered but if it is more help is always appreciated. Last year RCY helped me ship them. I was good to go until my alternator belt broke this week. Got it down from $300 to $155 because my wife's uncle is the finance manager at the dealership but unexpected costs before Christmas sucks! Grateful for the deal I got though. It could have been worse.

Most of the flags they do are for schools or government offices. I don't have a flag pole either but to me it would be an honor to have one of the flags flown over there.

I'll let you know soon. I really appreciate the offer. One good thing is the USPS discounts the large priority boxes being sent to soldiers. Think it is $2 off a box.
    OK, this is what came in this last week. One person here donated somewhere near 100 sticks. The two large packages pictured here. WOW, just amazing generosity from all who gave. These are launching and it looks like it might be 4 or 5 of the largest Priority boxes going out. Going to be some happy Troops in Afghanistan.

Stay tuned for updates when I hear back from the soldiers getting these.
    If I left your name off the first page of donors I didn't mean to. Just PM me. I have been swamped and my brain is mushy