Home Ratings & Reviews

Biodarwin's journey to becoming a cigar smoker

Comments

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    I dig that band.

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    webmost:
    I dig that band.

Yeah, the Room 101 OSOKs have prob the coolest non traditional packaging on the market.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    BigT06:
    webmost:
    I dig that band.

Yeah, the Room 101 OSOKs have prob the coolest non traditional packaging on the market.
    And the best smelling boxes!! Spanish cedar lovin right there!
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    One Shot, One Kill.
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 260
    My first real review in quite some time will be posted later today. Finally smoked my first LFD AirBender.
    La Flora Dominica Air Bender Matatan

Vitola:Robusto
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
    Binder/Filler:Dominican

I recently boughtg the robusto sampler from LFD. I have been looking forward to trying the Air Bender since I read about the Chiesel vitola. I wanted to get a get sampler from the line so I thought this might be the best way to determine what 5 packs I want to buy.

The wrapper was very smooth, but veiny. So far, every cigar I have smoked with veins like this have been great. Between the veins and the great reviews of this forum I figured I would be in for a treat!

The smell of the body of the cigar smelled of hay, the foot cocoa. After making my cut I take a predraw drag, wonderful flavors of molasses which were very deep and rich.

First Third
    The first third starts with a sweet taste which progresses to a hint of spice with a floral exhale. All perfectly balanced without being overwhelming.

Second Third
    As the cigar progresses into the 2/3 the sweetness mellowed to a minor woody flavor maybe oak, while the exhale still slightly floral, but somewhat subsiding. The last part of this third started to develop a creamy texture without a lot of sweetness.

Third Third
    The smoke continues to get creamier and thicker. Strong oak flavor developing on exhale. With about 1.5in left on it I sit it down. Once cigars get smaller and hotter, the flavor is just not worth it so I put them out a bit earlier than what I see a lot of reviewers doing.

Finishing thoughts, is just completely amazed. It was complex, smooth and well balanced. I am going to get a 5 pack of the Chiesel and depending on which vitola I prefer I will definitely pick up a box.

Smoking a Quesada Espana, really really fine tasting cigar.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    thanks for the reviews. keep on posting.

Padron 3000 Natural

Wrapper: Nicaraguan
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Nicaraguan

The Padrón Series features 15 vitolas available in both Natural and Maduro. All vitolas have brown bands except for the Cortico. The Padrón Series is a Nicaragian puro, meaning the binder, filler, and wrapper all come from from Nicaragua. The sun grown habano tobacco is aged for 2 1/2 years before being used for this product.

After settling down the flavors start with milky sweet smoke which coated my tongue as I swirled the smoke around. The body is medium/med-fill with lots of flavor producing a fair amount of smoke.

As we progress into the 2nd third the smoke is creamier with the sweet flavor subsiding. At this point we start to get a bit of spice, however it was mellow and tasty without being a pepper bomb.

The 3rd 3rd continued the progression, creamier, sweetness almost gone, with the spice picking up a notch but the finish still very smooth and crisps.

All in all I am really impressed with this cigar. The quality is insane for the price point. I look forward to smoking more of these in the near future!

• bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    I haven't tried the naturals yet, but the maduro is yummy. Nice review
    bbass2:
    I haven't tried the naturals yet, but the maduro is yummy. Nice review

Thanks! I have a 3000 and Londres maduro which I will be reviewing sometime in the near future.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I always rest the naturals since they can be a tad harsh...as for the maduros well they are just ready to go IMO. I love padron and for the money they are hard to beat!! Nice review though and try that londres!!!! It's delicious!!!!
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I always rest the naturals since they can be a tad harsh...as for the maduros well they are just ready to go IMO. I love padron and for the money they are hard to beat!! Nice review though and try that londres!!!! It's delicious!!!!
    +1
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I always rest the naturals since they can be a tad harsh...

When you mention rest, are you referring to 3 months, 6 months, more?
    biodarwin:
    Lee.mcglynn:

Yeah too me anything under a year or two is rest...the padron naturals really shine with around 9 months on them IMO. At least for the thousand series...I know it's hard not to smoke them but it is worth the wait!!
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Lee.mcglynn:
    biodarwin:
    Lee.mcglynn:

Yeah too me anything under a year or two is rest...the padron naturals really shine with around 9 months on them IMO. At least for the thousand series...I know it's hard not to smoke them but it is worth the wait!!
    That's exactly why I like the '64 & the '26.....they're already aged and ready to go, yea, they cost more, but I think they're worth it.
    JDH:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    biodarwin:
    Lee.mcglynn:

That's exactly why I like the '64 & the '26.....they're already aged and ready to go, yea, they cost more, but I think they're worth it.
    I feel ya...I'm a sucker for the 64 but do feel the naturals still could use some rest...maybe it's just me and the fact that I retro hale almost every time but they still could smooth out a tad IMO. But all in all they are all great smokes and love them all!!
    Lee.mcglynn:
    JDH:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    biodarwin:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I feel ya...I'm a sucker for the 64 but do feel the naturals still could use some rest...maybe it's just me and the fact that I retro hale almost every time but they still could smooth out a tad IMO. But all in all they are all great smokes and love them all!!
    For my birthday, the wife got me several of the '64's (both natural and maduro) in a new size; a larger than normal ring toro. She's a good girl.
    JDH:
    For my birthday, the wife got me several of the '64's (both natural and maduro) in a new size; a larger than normal ring toro. She's a good girl.
    It sounds like it!!!
    Lee.mcglynn:
    JDH:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    biodarwin:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I almost never retro hale. I think it's because my sinuses are a little wonky because my nose has been broken (boxing) and it tends to make me sneeze when I do.
    biodarwin:
    JDH:
    It sounds like it!!!
    Yea, she's a keeper, we got married in 1975.
    JDH:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    JDH:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    biodarwin:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I almost never retro hale. I think it's because my sinuses are a little wonky because my nose has been broken (boxing) and it tends to make me sneeze when I do.
    aaawww man!!!! That's horrible!! Personally I love the retro hale and can't figure out why people don't do it as much but yes this is a very valid reason not too!!
    Lee.mcglynn:
    JDH:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    JDH:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    biodarwin:
    Lee.mcglynn:

aaawww man!!!! That's horrible!! Personally I love the retro hale and can't figure out why people don't do it as much but yes this is a very valid reason not too!!
    Yea,sneezing in the middle of a retro hale is not fun, unless you happen to be watching somebody do it, then it's fu####g hilarious.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Bump, miss these reviews, everything OK bio?
    Ken Light:
    Thing were not ok for a while, but it is amazing how things can work themselves out. Everything is good now. Once we get out of this hot weather I will be back to smoking cigars and writing reviews!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    biodarwin:
    Ken Light:
    Thing were not ok for a while, but it is amazing how things can work themselves out. Everything is good now. Once we get out of this hot weather I will be back to smoking cigars and writing reviews!
    Sorry to hear about the rough patch, but glad to see you back!!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Jeremy...I see you lurking. Come back to us!
    Rain:
    :) Hello there sir! How have you been? I have been in cigar acquisition mode in the last few weeks. I am starting to get caught up on the forums! Now that i have some nicely seasoned cigars from last year I will commence the review process shortly!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I have been great, and I will be doing even better when you start some more reviews.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    biodarwin:
    Rain:
    :) Hello there sir! How have you been? I have been in cigar acquisition mode in the last few weeks. I am starting to get caught up on the forums! Now that i have some nicely seasoned cigars from last year I will commence the review process shortly!
    good to see you back around these parts!