best:
    1) Marlon Brando
    2) Al Pacino
    3) Morgan Freeman

honorable mention to Jack Nicholson

worst:
    1) Rob Schneider
    2) Tommy Wiseau
    3) Quentin Tarantino (not just a bad director (sorry all you Tarantino fans out there, he hasnt been good since Pulp Fiction))
    I really agree with Morgan Freeman and Tarantino, but I really don't get all the hoopla over Brando. He was great - make that perfect - as Stanley Kowalski in Streetcar, and as Don Corleone, but other than that.......what? I've always thought George C. Scott was 10 times better, with a much wider range than Brando - but that's just me.
    I really liked him in as Lt Christian (Mutiny on the Bounty) also how bout Apocolypse Now? But I like the oldermovies with guys Like Bogart, Spencer Tracy, Errol Flynn,, New actors I like Depp, Pitt, Penn
    Brando did a good job as Fletcher Christian, but I think Mel Gibson did a better job, and as for Col Whackjob in Apocolypse Now, I think De Niro or Christopher Walken could have done much better than Brando did with that role. I'm with you on some of the earlier era actors. Greggory Peck was a first class human being and a very fine actor, and Bogart...I think I have most of his movies on DVD. Don't know how many times I've watched Casablanca and The African Queen, but I don't get tired of them
    I like Mel Gibson too, Man theres so many, Sidney Portier, Harvey Kietel, Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman, Robert Duvall,
    Lee Marvin endless list really. Probably one of the best Villian performances for me is Rutger Hauer in original The Hitcher.
    Duvall....there's a guy with an incredible range. Did you know one of his first roles was a bit part in Bullitt...he was the cab driver. Lee marvin is another fav. He served as a marine grunt in WWII and was the sole survivor of a skirmish between his outfit and some Japanese soldiers. Both sides wiped each other out, except him. He did a western called The Professionals that I really like, and Hell in the Pacific was another favorite, and a comedy called Pocket Money with Paul Newman, I think.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Duvall, of course, how'd we miss Duvall? duh
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    There's a lot of great actors obviously. Duval deserves consideration. I'm also impressed with the range of Jude Law. Denzel Washington also How can you compare Charlton Heston and Johnny Depp. Tough. All time?

Worst...........Sean Penn, Robert Vaughn, gotta go with Schneider. LOL

Best.........Sean Connery, Jack Nicholson and the man, Al Pacino
  • mr.wendell1979mr.wendell1979 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Best: Morgan Freeman
    Al Pacino
    Tom Hanks

Worst:
    Rob Schneider
    Sylvester Stallone
    Keanu Reeves
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Best...1. Nicholson

2. Morgan Freeman

3. Tom Hanks/Denzel Washington

Worst

1. Keanu Reeves

2. James Franco

3. Keanu Reeves..again!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Another actor that I like but just doesn't get enough chances to show his potential... Edward Norton Not the Honeymooner guy, the one from American History X, 25th Hour. the Illusionist, Fight Club, Rounders, People vs Larry Flynt, Primal Fear.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    kaspera79:
    Another actor that I like but just doesn't get enough chances to show his potential... Edward Norton Not the Honeymooner guy, the one from American History X, 25th Hour. the Illusionist, Fight Club, Rounders, People vs Larry Flynt, Primal Fear.
    Very true!!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    kaspera79:
    Absolutely. That's why I put him on my list before, the change he does in Primal Fear, I totally believed the poor dumb kid thing, then the switch. Brilliant. Also, there's an alternate ending to American History X. Not a pretty one, but different.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    top actors for me would be
    Morgan freeman
    Dustin Hoffman
    Daniel day lewis
    dicaprio (don't necessarily like the guy but he puts a lot into his work)
    sean penn
    worst would be
    rob schneider
    keanau reeves
    dana carvey